RAW discussion 18/2/13

hallicks

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The tea party aren't happy with Zeb

Alex jones to cover it soon which should be a laugh.

My brain almost caved in reading that, then I read the comments and it was game over.

CONSPIRACY!

I now hope that Zeb starts accusing the Government of being behind 9/11.

As soon as Alex Jones was mentioned you just knew that shit was going to get funny on the usual sites.

Kane and Bryan lose the tag titles to Kofi and R-Truth. (and the tag team division loses all interest again)

This results in Bryan and Kane going hell bent on each other which in turn results in Kane injuring Bryan.

Bryan says he wants revenge but as he's injured and can't do it himself, he's got someone to do it for him. Lights go out, here comes Taker. But Taker will only fight on Bryan's behalf if Kane is prepared to put his career on the line. Kane accepts.

WrestleMania 29 sees Undertaker versus Kane for another streak versus career match. Streak remains, Kane retires.

That's how Taker is involved at this year's WrestleMania.

As for RAW, good show in parts. Must admit I'm not really arsed what the belts look like, I'm not gonna go out and buy one nor am I gonna go and hold the real one, so to me it's a belt. Out of what I've read on here, the best post I've seen about the current belt is changing the sideplates depending on who is holding the title.

Henry looked great again. (still think he should of won the Elimination Chamber but ah well). Swagger is really growing into this current gimmick, what should happen now, in my opinion, is have him twat a few of the non-American's around. I also like how Zeb is there as just a mouthpiece rather than getting involved in the actual matches. Del Rio against Ziggler was a great match. Can see him cashing in on Swagger at WrestleMania and reigniting their feud from last year. Miz is still shit. A possible start of a feud between Barrett and Sheamus with the Irishman cutting off Barrett's promo as well as Sheamus and Ryback's altercation backstage before Jericho got involved. Maybe a four way between them for the Intercontinental Title at Mania? Orton is still stuck in no man's land despite beating Kane. Brad Maddox is great, Vickie is still annoying.

And onto the topic of discussion about Rock/Cena II or a triple threat involving Punk. I'd rather go with the triple threat on the basis that I've seen Rock/Cena and seen their promos for the best part of two years. It's nothing new other than the title is on the line, which Cena actually said last year before one of his title matches with Punk. What's better than John Cena versus the Rock? John Cena versus the Rock for the WWE Title. Is it any better in reality? Not greatly if at all for me. So throw Punk in there, with the possibility of Heyman in his corner.

Cena pins Rock though, cleanly. That allows Rock to fuck off again for another couple of months, gives Punk the excuse of not being pinned which builds to Extreme Rules. Punk gets one last chance, loses and then leaves the title scene for a few months.

For those who are hoping for Cena vs Rock in a singles match:

Would you expect that match to be better or worse than last year?

Last year they went 31 minutes, doing everything in their arsenals and kicking out of all of their finishers, and Rock won. I really enjoyed it.

But surely if they go one on one again this year: the build towards the match over these next 6 weeks will be going over old ground for the second year in a row as they have nothing new to say to eachother, and besides throwing in a table bump or some interference - there's not a lot else to see them do to eachother in the ring. Then it's very unlikely Cena will lose.

Adding CM Punk to make it a 3-way solves every single one of those problems:

- New material for them to use in promos hyping the match

- A new dynamic for the match itself so it's not a copy of last year

- The winner of the match is much less predictable.

• Paid Members
I don't think any of the above but I do think that he isn't given anywhere near enough credit for his work in the last two years by some sections of the fanbase.

The same could be said of Cena.

Just read through those comments....Jesus Christ, (if I can say that without upsetting non-Christian ;) ) some of these morons should never be allowed to vote. The funny bits are the ones asking why grown me still watch it..."I stopped when I was 13" etc... Yet ALL of them know exactly what has been happening in the storylines!

This was my favourite out of them all though. Just pure head-slappingly WHAT??? :

"Most fans of so-called

I was really unsure on this show and what I want at Mania in general to be honest.

Everytime over the past year when ive heard WWE were going with Cena/Rock 2 I cringed. I went to Mania 28, mainly on the purpose of seeing this match, an all time dream match for me. For me I loved the match, the big time atmosphere in the stadium, the emotion of the fans and the insane pop when Rock pinned Cena will live with me forever.

I didnt want to see it again, the once in a lifetime monikor of last year has been truley pissed on IMO and the outcome of the match, in Cena getting his win back is way too predictable IMO.

A triple threat should make me happier, but as a few others have said, I want to see Taker at Mania, And the only guy I could see him up against is Punk, Im pretty should the match would deliver and the build up writes itself.

On a different note I have no idea where theyre going with The Sheild/Ziggler/Orton/Jericho/Bryan/Kane/Henry/Show for Mania.

On a different note I have no idea where they're going with The Shield for Mania.

If I could fantasy book for a moment...

I'd have The Shield jump Sheamus next week and give him a particularly brutal beatdown, putting him on the shelf. Ryback continues to try and find partners to take out the Shield. Eventually he says, "Fuck this, if I want it done right I'll do it myself." Ryback challenges The Shield to a three on one match at Wrestlemania, but he gets to pick the stipulation. The Shield laugh- "stupid Neanderthal"- and agree. Ryback chooses a gauntlet match, meaning only one man can enter at a time, negating the triple team advantage. Ryback shows some smarts, whodathunkit?

At Mania, Ryback mows through Seth Rollins, struggles with Roman Reigns but eventually eliminates him too. It's down to Dean Ambrose and a weary Ryback. They go back and forth, then there's a ref bump, bringing out the other members of the Shield. Sheamus makes his triumphant return to blast Rollins and Reigns, Ryback hits Shellshock on Ambrose for the 3, the first defeat of the Shield and the big Wrestlemania moment.

• Paid Members

's not bad. Make it a "Three Stages of Hell" gauntlet match and you might have something there. Have to ask, though: are people still willing to watch a storyline in which Ryback is the sole face driving it, given these reports that he's seemingly had his legs cut off bookingwise?

I think so. I agree his balls have been lopped a little, but the crowds still love him, or at the least his catchphrase, big pops and several "Feed Me More" chants in back to back 6 man tags featuring the likes of Cena, Sheamus and Jericho. Wrestlemania has to be big for Ryback, otherwise he's dead in the water, which would really beg the question of why they built him up so well only to quickly tear him down. I was a big critic of him early in his push, but he's won me over.

• Paid Members

Gladders suggested Ryback may be turning heel, which isn't a bad way to re-boot him. They can do the usual shite of saying he's in it for himself now and have him batter everybody. That scenario does leave you with three 'monster' heels with Menry and Lesnar, which leaves Cena with plenty of adversity during his title run.

It sets him up nicely for a run with Cena, too.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I hate that Shield idea. They should be kept together as a team in these early stages, none of them are nearly strong enough to go one-on-one with Ryback, especially at Wrestlemania.

It was hinted at with that Sheamus bit but clearly he's got nowhere to go as a babyface. Lesnar doesn't really count as a monster heel as he's never around anyway, but one on Smackdown and one on Raw would work fine. Just make sure Henry's on Raw because I don't watch Smackdown. I'd have Ryback turn at Wrestlemania but I don't know how.

I thought they were gonna do the Ryback heel turn Monday on Jericho, which they possibley still could do.

I could see Henry going face soon, he is getting pretty big reactions at the moment. I really hope they dont turn Lesnar yet, its a year to early, and there are still money matches left in him as a heel.

For Mania id go with

Rock/Cena

Taker/Punk

HHH/Lesnar( some kind of stip, HIAC?)

Sheamus/Barrett

Team Hell No/Kofi & Truth/Rey & Cara/Rhodes & Sandow)- Ladder match for tag titles.

Kaitlyn/AJ

Ryback, Orton & Henry vs The Sheild

Del Rio vs Swagger- Ziggler cashes in after.

Jericho/Ziggler- Becomes a title match.

Archived