RAW discussion 18/2/13

hallicks

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was so relieved when I saw the Brahma Bull symbol on the sideplates because that's when I knew it was only temporary.

I had got all excited when I noticed The Rock was carrying the belt with the spinner bit. They have been using a fixed logo version for the last few years so that suggested something was up.

Great gameplan to give Cena vs Punk a week's build. That and Heyman vs Vince look like they will have huge implications for WM29.

I have thought for a while that there is nowhere really for Punk to go in terms of a new opponent, so a Rock/Cena/Punk 3 way makes sense. It's never been done before, it avoids the complaints about 'Once In A Lifetime' happening twice, and the Cena vs Rock build peaked 2 years ago when they ran out of steam the last few weeks before WM27.

Another 6 weeks of the same stuff we heard over and over in March 2011 and again in March 2012 would be disappointing, even with the addition of the Title this time round.

So I'm guessing there will be some kind of scrwy finish next week that leads to a 3 way being signed. Ideally it would involve The Shield and it could all tie-in so we know where they are heading at WM29 also.

And, speaking as a CM Punk fan, he is arguably the biggest name superstar to not wrestle in a proper WrestleMania main event (i.e. the last match of the night) and I think he has earned that spot over the past 2 years.

First Raw I've enjoyed in a while. I wasn't really looking forward to The Rock's closing segment but when I saw a new belt on the table, I was excited. Ok it isn't the best belt, but it's much better than that awful spinner. I liked the Ziggler cash in tease, I really hope he does cash in before Wrestlemania or at Wrestlemania, I'd hate for him to be the first one to have his contract expire? I'd much rather Ziggler vs Del Rio for the title in all honesty, the match last night was great.

Wrestlemania is shaping up, but it seems like a very slow build, next week should be a big Raw with Vince returning and the possibility of Brock and Triple H returning (As much as I don't really want to see the match again).

Still really hoping for Punk to join the mix with Cena and Rock at Wrestlemania. The hint was when he mentioned we have already seen that match last year, we don't need to see it again.

• Paid Members

The lack of Taker saddens me, owing to the fact I'll be going to mania for the first time this year. Even if there's no match, I'd love for him to turn up in some capacity. Can't see it now though.

The Punk-Rock-Cena three way works for me though as a main event. Would certainly tie together everything that has happened since WM 27 into a nice neat end point (Punk's big promo pre MITB in 2011 mentioning his issues with The Rock headlining mania etc, as well as the Rock-Cena, Cena-Punk, and now recent Rock-Punk feuds).

Still see a chance for Taker making it, maybe Punk doesnt win next week, the following week has a rant about not being in the main event, can beat anyone and has nothing left to prove. Then Taker appears. Theres a few weeks to build to it.

Similar to how HHH said he had beaten everyone there was to beat after No Way Out 2001 then out comes Taker to challenge him.

Or maybe its all just wishful thinking on my part, still wouldnt mind at all the possibility of Rock/Cena/Punk either.

• Paid Members

I don't understand why people are so desperate to see Punk v Taker. It will completely lack any of the intrigue that Taker's last 4 Wrestlemania matches have had that this could be the time he loses. No-one will believe for one second that Punk would win. There's no real connection between the two for them to wrestle each other. The match would probably be shite. At this stage in his career, Taker shouldn't be wheeled out there just for the sake of it, he should be saved for when it actually means something, such as against Cena next year or something.

With Punk looking like he's going to slide into a Triple Threat Main event now, does anyone else think they're going to hide a (possibly) limited Undertaker in a 6 man tag with the Shield?

They've taken out a team with Cena, a team with Jericho. Maybe Ryback and Sheamus will pick a partner that they think The Shield can't beat?

Also the way The Shield are being built up they are one of the few things on the roster that could even be considered a threat to the streak at this point. (Not that they would actually break it in a million years)

Out of the loop and mainly surplus to requirements at this point, I'd piss my pants if Punk injured himself next week in that Cena match. Whilst I'm fine with the three-way, I was really, really looking forward to Cena/Rock II for the title, so this is a bit of a fly in the ointment. I whinged about Punk/Taker being a load of shite in another thread too, that would be damp squib as well. Outside of the Cleetus Tag Match suggestion of Punk/Brock vs HHH/Taker, there's no appealing place for Punk on the card at all. Maybe he could face Rey, Orton & Jericho in a decidedly average Gauntlet that online fans can pretend is good.

Archived