RAW discussion 18/2/13

hallicks

• Paid Members
Yeah, I hate that Shield idea. They should be kept together as a team in these early stages, none of them are nearly strong enough to go one-on-one with Ryback, especially at Wrestlemania.

I was under the impression they've been together as a team for a good few months now? Surely the payoff to months of gang-beatings is to finally have a face outsmart them, forcing them into singles scenarios to get what's coming to them - especially at Wrestlemania, where all payoffs should take place. Plus, having them fight Ryback in one-on-one situations is a way to showcase their individual strength as singles - obviously they can't beat Ryback, but it wouldn't hurt to have them lose comparatively competitively as heels (i.e. using weapons and cheating where possible).

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

They've only had 3 matches, though. Rollins and Ambrose especially would look like chumps on their own in there against him, no-one would believe in their early days they could compete with him. It was hard enough buying Punk as a legitimate opponent.

• Paid Members

Another problem with that idea is that essentially it will be three separate matches. WWE are going to struggle to get a lot of guys onto the event as it is, as usual the big matches will go even longer than an average PPV big match. This gauntlet is a good idea for a non-Mania PPV to use up some time. With Wrestlemania, even being 4 hours, time is precious. Oh, and Reigns would definitely have to be last anyway- not Ambrose.

They've had tons of activity though, even if it's not an official match, they've had physical roles just about every week since Survivor Series. Not like they debuted 3 weeks ago.

I think we're seeing a lot more individually from the Shield members over the past couple of weeks through these matches, not like they'd be jobbers as singles wrestlers. All have been shown to have an intelligent, cerebral side. Rollins has the speed, Reigns could pretty much match power with Ryback and Ambrose is the nutter who would do anything to win and has some good athletic chops himself. They've looked completely unstoppable for months now, Wrestlemania is the time to flip the script and give a happy ending. Plus, getting heat back for the Shield would be child's play. Ryback's getting close to damaged goods, and he needs that big PPV win to keep him strong. He's still getting the good reactions, but I thought the Chamber victory looked a bit too easy for a monster of Ryback's caliber.

EDIT: Yeah, Reigns going last would probably be better, make Ryback more vulnerable late in the match. As for the length thing, it's the same format as Jericho vs. The Legends from WM25, and that wasn't overly long.

They should throw Ambrose and Rollins against Kane and Daniel Bryan at Mania to win the tag titles. It'd make sense as they are really hot at the moment and need to capitalize on this. Just think of The Nexus they did a shit job after Summerslam and when there wasn't much to care about they gave them the tag titles at bragging rights when momentum was running out for the group.

I haven't watched RAW and didn't see the hint at a heel Ryback at Elimination Chamber. But I think they are bloody daft if they turn him. There's a wafer thin collection of good faces in the WWE at the moment as it is.

I'd like to see Ryback taken off tv until raw after mania if they have nothing planned for him. Then on post mania raw, you have champion Cena attacked by the shield, Ryback comes out to clean house, shield clear off and then Ryback shell shocks cena to set up extreme rules main event.

He stormed off in frustration after the match at Elimination Chamber and got in Sheamus' face on Raw as a continuation of that. He's still (somewhat surprisingly) over, and there's plenty of matches for him to be had, he's only feuded with Punk and Shield. Looking forward to Ryback vs Henry and Ryback vs Big Show personally. After that's done, he can join Brodus and Tensai for all I care.

• Paid Members
They should throw Ambrose and Rollins against Kane and Daniel Bryan at Mania to win the tag titles. It'd make sense as they are really hot at the moment and need to capitalize on this.

I wouldn't mind seeing this, only because I'd like to see a resurrection of the Freebird rule, or, rather, a reminder.

Archived