RAW discussion 18/2/13

hallicks

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

The belt is truly awful, it looks unfinished and uber cheap (and that's with all the supposed diamonds and shit). At first I cringed, but then decided maybe it'll grow on me, then The Rock threw it on his shoulder and it looked like the most awkward thing on a star wrestler since Shawn Michaels' brown tights.

They must have spent a fortune on it, otherwise I'm not so sure they'd have bothered with such an ugly belt.

I don't mind the belt much....looks better than the spinner title. Although I would have preferred it if they had put some figures actually wrestling on it, like the Winged Eagle.its almost like the champion is now identified as being the champion of a brand, rather than a wrestling company, with the WWE logo so huge right in the centre of it. But as I said its better than the spinner title. Now to sort out those fugly tag titles :thumbsup:

Have got a feeling that Raw next week's gonna be a 'big one' - Vince v Heyman has to end in a HHH-Lesnar brawl/confrontation.

I reckon Punk v Cena v Rock at Mania would be a really strong match, personally.

Jack Swagger's current look reminds me of NAILZ (sans boiler suit) but am glad they are going with a newbie in a title match at Mania.

Naomi delivered a springboard cross-body! Having her and Cameron deliver a few nifty moves here and there might make Brodus Clay semi-interesting again.

Jack Swagger's current look reminds me of NAILZ (sans boiler suit) but am glad they are going with a newbie in a title match at Mania.

What newbie? Zeb Colter? Swagger held the world title three years ago. If you mean newbie in the sense of someone who has never had a world title match at WrestleMania before, the same would apply to Sheamus and Bryan last year, and Del Rio the year before that.

• Paid Members
I don't know. I was listening to some writer on a PWTorch show and he said one time Stephanie pulled him out of a writers room because he said the word "belt" in front of Vince. Vince is loopy.

Heard the same story on the observer I believe. It's why they're almost exclusively call them "championships" apparently.

I was always of the understanding that it was a combination of Stephanie's control freak nature than vince.

Archived