UFC 157: 'Rousey vs Carmouche'

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(voiced over footage of Carmouche putting food in the microwave) "Liz Carmouche doesnt have a nutritionist, or an organic diet....or a kitchen table"

Surely thats up there as one of the greatest voice-over lines ever done on a UFC buildup show. Carmouche IS Rocky Balboa. The contrast they have (intentionally) portrayed between the two have been brilliant. I cant put my finger on it, but theres just something unlikeable about Rousey. Even when shes talking about being bullied in school, she still comes across as unlikeable.

• Paid Members
The contrast they have (intentionally) portrayed between the two have been brilliant. I cant put my finger on it, but theres just something unlikeable about Rousey. Even when shes talking about being bullied in school, she still comes across as unlikeable.

i might be way off target here, but the impression i get with Rousey is that until recently she was never really a good looking chick, if you go look at her old Olympic photo's when she was heavier she wasn't particuarly attractive, now she's trimmed down, got a bit of a makeover and gained some sex appeal she's just embracing it. The fact that she was possibly bullied just makes her very bitter towards stuff, a kind 'look at me now', attitude.

Anyone else get that?

• Paid Members

I get that. She was a bit of an ugly duckling in her Judo days. Certainly not now.

That reminds me, there's a guy I know from school who I hadn't seen in years until maybe 6 months back. Me and my brother bumped into him and got talking, turned out he's with this nerdy girl who was in my class. He told us and I thought he must be desperate. Until we all met up for a drink about a month later. She is fit as fuck now. I couldn't believe it was the same girl.

As much as I'm a fan of Ronda, both as a fighter and looks wise, I get the impression she'd be a fucking nightmare to put up with day in day out.

• Paid Members

The reason why I find her unlikable (from the very limited footage I have seen of her) is because she comes across as a female version of a Quinton Jackson-esque frat-boy. And she does seem a bit up herself about her looks.

Yeah, even I have to admit there is a difference

From this

xlarge.jpg

To this

RondaRouseyOxygenStrikeforce.jpg

The theory from EBB is probably true. I was friends with a girl who was/is very nice now, but she always made a big point of banging on how she was bullied in school for being a nerd. We used to argue a lot and she always played the victim card. Like Rousey she also had a cracking arse as well ;)

• Paid Members

The second episode of Prime Time was so good at building up Carmouche that I wouldn't even consider it bad for business if she won the title now. A true Rocky story, she came across brilliantly throughout. It's amazing that the UFC can take a woman very few people have heard of and make her into a star in about fifty minutes of TV time. In fact, Cramouche winning would probably be the best thing that could happen for the division now, making an even bigger star out of Liz and building to the natural re-match.

• Paid Members

I haven't even watched episode one yet but I'm really looking forward to watching Primetime after all the positive feedback it's getting on here.

Liz Carmouche seems like genuinely one of the nicest people in the sport from the interviews I've watched. And when you think about it, the UFC can't lose. Either the Ronda Rousey show rumbles on or we have the first gay UFC champion which would be good PR for the UFC, plus as said a rematch could be big.

Of course, they'd rather Ronda win, but it wouldn't be a disaster if Carmouche wins either. Everybody loves an underdog. Everybody loves a big rematch.

I can't wait for this show now. It says a lot about what a powerful marketing tool Primetime has become when 7 pages in we've barely touched on a big fight like Hendo vs Machida. For all the initial criticism of having the women headlining this card, it's clear that Rousey vs Carmouche is THE main event.

• Paid Members

How has Menjivar fared in recent events? I ask because I forgot to mention in my review of 129 how impressed I was at his destruction Charlie Valencia, and it seems very few people rate his chances against Faber.

• Paid Members
How has Menjivar fared in recent events? I ask because I forgot to mention in my review of 129 how impressed I was at his destruction Charlie Valencia, and it seems very few people rate his chances against Faber.

Since the Valencia fight, aside from a decision loss to Mike Easton in a pretty lacklustre fight, Menjivar has looked really good of late. He won by 1st round submission last time out (and bagged Submission Of The Night) He also had a fantastic one rounder with John Albert which he also won by submission.

I just think Faber's a level above. You never know, with Menjivar's experience and his wacky offense anything's possible but I'd fancy an Arse Chin win.

Archived