UFC 157: 'Rousey vs Carmouche'

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members
Episode 2 shows her sparring with a current women's World Champ in boxing. Judging from these episodes, it looks like no expense is being spared with regards to her training (having nutritionists, 5 different gyms, etc), so I imagine her boxing will have improved ten fold since the last fight.

Good stuff, cheers. Smart of her to take advantage of the best training available. I'm gonna have to get watching all this and the Countdown while I'm off this week.

What day is the last Primetime episode on in the US?

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What type of MMA fan, when provided with some of the best TV the UFC has ever produced, sits there with a fucking stopwatch?

David.

Stop it Ebb, you're too funny mate. I simply made a comment based on what I'd read elsewhere. Personally I've not seen any of the Primetime stuff, so I wouldn't comment personally on it.

• Paid Members
What type of MMA fan, when provided with some of the best TV the UFC has ever produced, sits there with a fucking stopwatch?

David.

Stop it Ebb, you're too funny mate.

:thumbsup:

it's nothing personal Dave, it's just your overwhelming lack of positivity towards anything MMA related gets on people's tits.

• Paid Members
Yeah I think Kos wins that fight. It might not be pretty, I see him using similar strategy as he did vs Daley and Lytle - don't piss about striking, constant takedowns, and just grind out a decision. The stand up is Lawler's only hope of winning and I think Kos will recognise that. If he does come out as K-1 Kos, fancying his chances in a striking match, I wouldn't be surprised if Lawler levelled him.

Basically, I think it's Koscheck's to lose. If he fights smart he should win. But Lawler is dangerous, I hope Lawler pulls it off but I can't see it.

I'll pick Koscheck by decision but I'll hope for Lawler by one punch KO.

this is a difficult one to call.

I hope the UFC recall and the drop to Welterweight has re-lit the fire under Lawler's ass because he just doesn't seem to want it anymore. He clearly has the power to destroy Koscheck but Lawler's had so many fights recently where he's just gone into his shell and been outstruck and lacked any urgency to win.

Whilst i also believe that Koscheck has the wrestling chops to take Lawler down, that's not really something that's happened to much in Lawler's career, from what i recall he has very good takedown defence and can usually keep a fight on it's feet (can't remember what happened in the Kennedy/Lawler fight, anyone remember?). It's just at this point i can actually see Koscheck winning a stand-up battle over 3 rounds.

There's a few factors at play, if Lawler comes back sharp, the weight cut was good (first fight at 170 in 8 years!) and lands something he can easily win this fight...if them things dont fall into place though i see Koscheck winning a decision possibly by outstriking the guy.

it's nothing personal Dave, it's just your overwhelming lack of positivity towards anything MMA related gets on people's tits.

Can you tell me what was negative about this post?

The second episode of Prime Time was so good at building up Carmouche that I wouldn't even consider it bad for business if she won the title now. A true Rocky story, she came across brilliantly throughout. It's amazing that the UFC can take a woman very few people have heard of and make her into a star in about fifty minutes of TV time. In fact, Cramouche winning would probably be the best thing that could happen for the division now, making an even bigger star out of Liz and building to the natural re-match.

That's not too bad considering the reports are that Carmouche has had less than eight minutes of screen time in both episodes.

• Paid Members

you've been anti-women's division from the start, it's clearly a little dig at the fact that you think it's all about Rousey. I mean why even question Liz's amount of screen time? what does it even matter? The overwhelming response to the Primetime piece has been positive, many are calling it the best piece of promotion the UFC has ever done, but you popped in with a cynical little remark about the Liz's amount of screentime.

I mean why even question Liz's amount of screen time? what does it even matter? The overwhelming response to the Primetime piece has been positive, many are calling it the best piece of promotion the UFC has ever done, but you popped in with a cynical little remark about the Liz's amount of screentime.

Wrong (this seems to be a recurring theme with you, Ebb). I had read the reports of Carmouche being given hardly any screen time, and was actually pleasantly surprised that she's been given a decent build. As for me being "anti womens division", I think you'll find that this isn't the case at all. I've always stated that if the UFC do shit properly and create an actual division then I'm all for it.

Your eagerness to jump to your tired conclusions are cringeworthy, Ebb. Give it a break, eh? The conversation had clearly moved on a fair bit before you decided to have a pop by bringing my name into it. Some would call that blatant trolling.

Maybe you to should take it to the hate thread. I know you don't hate each other, but you derail threads for others. I personally enjoy your back and forths, but it may annoy others.

In this instance there wasn't a back & forth until he specifically brought me into a discussion that had died out. He's a sound MMA poster, but he's showing a tendency to be a bit of a prick at times unfortunately (which is something I've not said about anyone in these threads before).

Regardless, you're right that it derails the thread, so I'm going to leave it as it is. For the record, my comment wasn't negative. I've explained why. If it was taken in a negative context then I apologise.

Archived