UFC 157: 'Rousey vs Carmouche'

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

My favourite Manny memory was on TUF 5 when he went mental over someone scribbling 'Suck it Team Pulver' on the wall. First Nate went all gangsta and then when he calmed down Manny put Nate to shame in the overreacting stakes. He wanted to smash faces but made sure he had his 6'6'' mate Corey Hill with him :laugh:

And when he was gonna fight someone on the show (I forget who) and uttered the immortal line;

"I'll show him, that he is the fucking leakest wink here"

master.anne_robinson.jpg

On the matter at hand, if there was more time before the event I'd say throw Guida in there. Mendes vs Guida could be good. But I doubt Clay takes a fight with a guy like Mendes on 2 weeks notice.

Who else could step in? Nik Lentz maybe? They'll probably just cancel the fight and move Mendes to a later card.

EDIT - I know it's cruel but...

Even Faber himself posted this on Twitter;

39A62A8E-1423-4170-8467-CEBEDBF75F2A-7880-00000761E2D8F206_zpsffb501b4.jpg

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My favourite Manny memory was on TUF 5 when he went mental over someone scribbling 'Suck it Team Pulver' on the wall. First Nate went all gangsta and then when he calmed down Manny put Nate to shame in the overreacting stakes. He wanted to smash faces but made sure he had his 6'6'' mate Corey Hill with him :laugh:

And when he was gonna fight someone on the show (I forget who) and uttered the immortal line;

"I'll show him, that he is the fucking leakest wink here"

Pretty sure it was Rob Emerson.

Yeah, Manny was acting all big man, how it was completely disrespectful and initmated that there was going to be a fight when he found it who it was who did such a thing. Then Emerson admits to it, and Manny all of a sudden changes his tune and it's all 'oh you're alright bro'. Don't know if he was just playing up to the cameras and didn't expect anyone to own up, or whether he knew about Emerson gang dealings and thought it was best just to change tact.

• Paid Members
I want Lavarr to win but I think Schaub will sub him sadly. Schaub is too smart to trade with Johnson for too long surely.

balls is he...despite Schaub being one of those guys people tend to dislike you can't say the guy doesn't have a pair of suds on him. Despite being heavily KO'd several times, he continues to stand and bang with some of the heaviest hitting guys in the sport. He's out of his mind. :laugh:

I want Lavarr to win but I think Schaub will sub him sadly. Schaub is too smart to trade with Johnson for too long surely.

balls is he...despite Schaub being one of those guys people tend to dislike you can't say the guy doesn't have a pair of suds on him. Despite being heavily KO'd several times, he continues to stand and bang with some of the heaviest hitting guys in the sport. He's out of his mind. :laugh:

He only did that with Ben Rothwell and Nog, one of which he thought was past his prime and one who most thought he could soundly outstrike.

Lavarr is known as being a big hitter and nothing else, after being knocked out twice I think he will readjust his strategy in this fight. He would be a fool not to.

If Lavar doesn't knock Schaub out I'll be a sad man. I think he'll manage it.

Like Jim, I'm a little surprised Hendo is winning the poll. I'll be supporting him as always, but I think Machida will be the first person to KO Hendo. Machidas speed and movement will be to much for Hendo to deal with and I see Machida catching him with something to end it in the second or third round.

In the main event I'd predict Rousey via first round armbar obviously.

Exactly Hbk4life.

I think Hendo is tailored made for Machida style wise. Shogun comes forward and brawls a lot more, that allows Hendo to clinch and power shots of his own. Machida does not do that and leaves very little openings when he is on top form. Machida only loses when you take him out of his game, he lost to Rampage due to being gun-shy at the start and not taking his counter chances, he lost to Shogun because he was not patient and lunged forward after Shogun had unsettled him and he lost to Jones, because well its Jon Jones.

If the Machida who fought Bader turns up, Hendo is fucked.

• Paid Members

I picked Machida on points. Machida is one of, if not the hardest to hit guys in MMA. And Hendo, as much as I love him, is limited (albeit dangerous as fuck) on the feet. I think he'll have a tough time finding Machida's chin. And a striker as skilled as Machida, only really having to worry about the right hand, should be able to stay out of dodge and counter.

Worth remembering also that Hendo's coming off a 15 month layoff and a bad knee injury. For a guy who's 42 and didn't have great cardio or movement anyway, you have to wonder how this layoff/injury double whammy will effect him. Even a fully fit, younger Hendo would struggle with Machida's style I think.

Machida on points, wouldn't be shocked if he stopped him. But if Hendo can land that right it could be curtains.

On Lavar/Schaub, isn't Schaub meant to be a decent wrestler? He'd be wise to use that in this fight because if he tries to stand in this one he's getting flattened.

EDIT - Magnum, what's that about Emerson's gang dealings?

Manny Gaburyan is the absolute definition of short man syndrome.

EDIT - Magnum, what's that about Emerson's gang dealings?

In his youth he was a member of a gang called The Lords of South County.

To be honest they sound like a bunch of prize cocks; basically a bunch of rich white kids who went round assaulting and attacking people for no reason whatsoever. Emerson was supposedly one of the ring leaders and ended up doing some time in jail for stuff he got up to with them.

• Paid Members
One thing we are all also overlooking is Tito Ortiz.

Her manager is telling not to take the fight. Whether that is because of the weight issue or if he wants to wait for the fight to be worth more money to all involved is debatable. I think it could be both.

here's the latest from Ortiz. He's saying that they've asked for Cyborg's release from the UFC so she can fight elsewhere. He also states that the UFC want Cyborg to sign a three fight deal with them but have her fight in Invicta? first i'd heard that...so is Invicta in anyway working with the UFC? my take on women's MMA is that it would be a good idea to have Invicta exist but under the UFC banner, so it would still be ran as it is now but have sort of a 'UFC presents Invicta' type thing going, that way Female division's exist and then the UFC could cherry pick big fights to push to their own cards, i think it could work.

Sarah Kaufman has recently signed to fight at the next Invicta show and im assuming she's someone the UFC would be picking up so is there some kind of working relationship in place?

• Paid Members

I actually suggested something similar a while back, either buy them out or work with them. Basically use Invicta as another branch of Zuffa to grow the women's division, similar to what they did with WEC and the lighter weight classes. Like WEC, when the division is strong enough move them all into the UFC, until then use it as a breeding ground and put the bigger fights on UFC cards.

I had a feeling something was going on, Dana was asked about Invicta recently and he became pretty evasive and just said something like Joe Silva and Sean Shelby know more about what's going on than him.

It'll be interesting to see how this all plays out.

Archived