UFC 157: 'Rousey vs Carmouche'

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

What type of MMA fan, when provided with some of the best TV the UFC has ever produced, sits there with a fucking stopwatch? I mean, fucking hell. Talk about not seeing the forest for the trees. Plus, even if it is the case, exactly what is the problem with Rousey getting more TV time? The show exists to introduce, promote and build the division. She's the champion, the face of the division and one of the most marketable fighters they've ever had. She should be getting the most TV time. Anything else would be completely backwards. Like fans who watch shows with stopwatches in hand.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is that 8 TOTAL, or 8 in each?

I did some more reading and apparently that's over both the 1st & 2nd episodes.

Why not watch it yourself before you start on your usual negative rollout?

I'm not being negative (in fact, if you read my very first sentence you'll see me say that it's actually good!). I personally think that Carmouche is lucky to get eight minutes of telelvision time considering the idea is to push Rousey as the face of the division. I was just surpised when I read Supremo say that Carmouche looks good in the series, as I didn't think she'd get much coverage.

• Paid Members

Yeah I think Kos wins that fight. It might not be pretty, I see him using similar strategy as he did vs Daley and Lytle - don't piss about striking, constant takedowns, and just grind out a decision. The stand up is Lawler's only hope of winning and I think Kos will recognise that. If he does come out as K-1 Kos, fancying his chances in a striking match, I wouldn't be surprised if Lawler levelled him.

Basically, I think it's Koscheck's to lose. If he fights smart he should win. But Lawler is dangerous, I hope Lawler pulls it off but I can't see it.

I'll pick Koscheck by decision but I'll hope for Lawler by one punch KO.

I've picked Robbie Lawler to win by KO in two but that's a heart overruling head decision, I've never liked Josh Koscheck.

If Lawler puts his hands on him, Koscheck will drop. There's few men out there that can take Lawlers power, and Koscheck isn't one of them.

• Paid Members

He's also southpaw which can throw guys off if they're not used to it. Lawler's got stupid power, game changing, chin breaking power.

I'd love to see Lawler connect on Kockneck's chin. Making that bleached pube barnet shake on impact, sending him scurrying for cover but only finding a blood spattered Bud Light logo, nowhere to go and nothing to look forward to as he looks up and sees the blurry vision of Robbie Lawler running towards him with 2 or 3 follow up punches. Darkness ensues. He eventually wakes, looking up at the lights with a blank expression and things only get worse when the first clear vision he sees upon regaining consciousness is Kim Winslow's rotten, Walking Dead-looking face peering down at him, fans are overjoyed at the shit kicking he just received, Jon Fitch sobs into Dave Camarillo's bosom in the front row....

....yeah, I haven't really thought about it.

Has there been much striking footage of Ronda so far on Primetime?

Episode 2 shows her sparring with a current women's World Champ in boxing. Judging from these episodes, it looks like no expense is being spared with regards to her training (having nutritionists, 5 different gyms, etc), so I imagine her boxing will have improved ten fold since the last fight. Sad to say it, but I see nothing but a 2 minute demolition of Carmouche. As soon as shes pressed against the cage, its game over.

Archived