UFC 157: 'Rousey vs Carmouche'

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

ufc-realizara-em-23-de-fevereiro-a-primeira-luta-entre-mulheres-da-histo.jpg

PPV MAIN CARD

Ronda Rousey vs Liz Carmouche - UFC Womens Bantamweight Title

Dan Henderson vs Lyoto Machida

Urijah Faber vs Ivan Menjivar

Court McGee vs Josh Neer

Josh Koscheck vs Robbie Lawler

FX PRELIMS

Lavar Johnson vs Brendan Schaub

Mike Chiesa vs Anton Kuivanen

Dennis Bermudez vs Matt Grice

Sam Stout vs Caros Fodor

FACEBOOK PRELIMS

Brock Jardine vs Kenny Robertson

Neil Magny vs Jon Manley

Yuri Villefort vs Nah-Shon Burrell

The UFC makes history by having their first ever women's fight in the Octagon. Let's just quickly break it down. Ronda Rousey won the bronze medal in the 2008 Olympic games in Judo. She is the first American woman to even medal in Judo in the Olympics. She's won gold in various other competitions like the 2007 Pan-American games.

She began competing in MMA in 2010. Here's newsreader Ronda with some stats;

rousey_10.jpg

Ronda Rousey's amateur MMA record - 3-0

Ronda Rousey's pro MMA record - 6-0

All wins came in the first round. And they all came via armbar. For those who are really fucking shit at maths, I'll Vorderman it for you - she's 9-0 overall in MMA competition, with all wins coming via first round armbar submission.

RondaRousey.jpg

An even crazier stat - all but one of her nine MMA opponents didn't even last a minute. Not one minute. Only Miesha Tate survived past the 60 second mark.

RondaRousey.jpg

She's caused quite a stir in the short time she's been on the scene. She's been mixing with some of the sports most notorious figures;

From Chael P. Sonnen;

Ronda-Rousey-Chael-SonnenMMATko_display_image.jpg

To BJ Penn;

ronda-bj-penn-1.jpg

Even Dr Robotnik has taken up Judo just to meet her;

255520_10151227730984382_1561062598_n-432x380.jpg

And she's made a fan of UFC president Dana White which is never a bad career move;

698f6d4b22048a74e804a39fe2088641.jpg

She's probably most known for her links to the Diaz brothers though, she's even being dubbed a honourary 'Diaz sister' on occasion;

tumblr_m21iygKeVX1rn830eo1_500.jpg

ronda-rousey-nick-diaz-shirt_display_image.jpg

She's also sparked a worldwide armbar craze.

Arms are snapping everywhere from nurseries in China;

baby%20arm%20bar.jpg

To the poultry section in your local Tesco's;

tumblr_lk5ck6ekGF1qbjn0mo1_250.jpg

The world's gone armbar mad and it's because of this;

tate_rousey_1.gif

That's Ronda becoming Strikeforce Batamweight Womens Champion last March. And almost ripping off Miesha Tate's arm in the process.

tumblr_m5lx7o3wJs1qheozgo1_500.jpg

Did she care? Show remorse?

4ctfJ.gif

With Strikeforce now closing up shop and Ronda being champion at the time, Dana White saw a money making opportunity. Despite previously being dead against women's MMA, Ronda's star power has changed his mind and in December 2012 he announced he would be bringing the division over to the UFC and crowning Ronda the first ever UFC Womens Champion;

tumblr_memqdxoVQL1rt1orao1_500.jpg

Who is she fighting you ask?

2mmftrr.jpg

Yes Urijah Faber is pulling double duty on this ca...

Sorry my mistake, easily done. She's fighting Liz Carmouche;

LIZ_CARMOUCHE.jpg

She's 8-2 with a few TKOs on her record. A live underdog but an underdog nonetheless. She's only lost to Sarah Kaufman and Marloes Coenen (in a great fight) so it's not a record to be sniffed at.

She's also making history for the UFC, not only being involved in the first female fight but also she's the first openly gay fighter in UFC history. Although I'd say this fucker's pretty open about it whether it's official or not...

41401_508032551_2641_n.jpg

The appropriately named Mr Ring.

Back on the fight, most likely the outcome will be, yet again, Ronda by armbar. Which at some point will probably have us hearing something like this...

417468_200876790014348_100002760860516_276419_844667839_n.jpg

Until he realises this man trains Ronda;

20120818_gav_aj4_540.0_standard_352.0.jpg

And wisely reverts to;

17378380.jpg

Oh and on the subject of LeBell and Ronda, here's a great quote from 'Judo' Gene;

"I've known Ronda long before she knew who I was. I knew her mother, who was a very good judo person. Ronda beats a good percentage of the men who are bigger than her - and good ones, too. She doesn't fool around. It's all business to her. Nothing bothers her. She got icewater running in her veins. She doesn't give a damn about pressure. She's a sadistic wench."

wtyk3a.gif

A sadistic wench.

So that's your headliner. The co-main event is a bit of a dream fight...

Dan 'Hendo' Henderson

DanHenderson-KevinJames.gif

8f89d4ac7e11.png

Lyoto 'Daniel-san' Machida

machida_by_oz-d3fcgy6.gif

Both known for their ability to seperate their opponents from consciousness but in totally different styles;

Machida will dazzle you with speed, technique and accuracy...

Machida_Ortiz_knee.gif

Machida%20Bader.gif

253162_488607874505986_1866929980_n.jpg

While Hendo will ball up his fist and try to remove your head from your neck...

HendoWandy.gif

src_1329799068419.gif

04143_Dan-Henderson-UFC-93-478x270.jpg

There was some talk that Hendo wasn't happy to be playing second fiddle to a couple of broads on this card. But he was recently asked what he thought about "performing under Ronda"...

66471_10151177375991765_1901418835_n.jpg

I think you can tell he likes the idea.

20kzqsk.gif

Elsewhere on the card;

Urijah Faber;

4754801763_a3b5c7cff8_m.jpg

The real one obviously, faces off with Ivan Menjivar;

ivan-menjivar-230x180.jpg

And Josh Koscheck;

2672080022_cbcd453c44_o.jpg

Known for his explosive wrestling and lethal overhand right;

koscheck_yoshida.gif

But probably better known for being a twat;

Josh_koscheck.gif

Welcomes back Robbie Lawler to the UFC;

1258716258_ring_girls_36.jpg

A KO artist with a long list of victims;

robbie-trigg.gif

robbie.gif

2lo6d02-jpg.gif

And on the prelims, hopefully it actually happens this time...

Lavar 'Big' Johnson;

026_lavar_johnson.0_standard_352.0.jpg

Fights Brendan Schaub;

brendan_schaub_1_feature.jpg

Maybe you don't recognize him vertical so...

11(4).jpg

More familiar?

A hell of a card, Dana agrees;

danasmoke.gif

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great thread starter wandshogun09, that's one of your best ones. I particulary chuckled at the Henderson/Machida entry and what you said about Koscheck. Didn't you start doing these with the UFC event that never was?

This is an historic event and let's hope the action lives up to it.

Most looking forward to the main and co-main event. I've got Rousey by Armbar in one but as UFC 156 proved, anything can happen in MMA. Co-main event is a difficult one, think it helps Hendo's cardio that it's a three round fight. As you rightly said the fight is between a guy using power swings with the H-Bomb vs. technique in Machida. Right now I'll predict Hendo by KO in two. If Hendo loses, I don't think Machida will be the first to stop him with strikes.

I like the Faber/Menjivar match. Really don't like Gamburyan for that GIF you posted. It's also why I don't like Manny in a main card PPV fight. Want Mendes to beat him and better still, KTFO. Don't like Josh Koscheck either so hope Lawler adds another KO to his record.

• Paid Members

Rousey will be adding another arm to her collection, but I would so chortle if the golden girl is done in by Caramouche. Dana's interest in the womens division would probably dissipate pretty quickly.

Rousey will be adding another arm to her collection, but I would so chortle if the golden girl is done in by Caramouche. Dana's interest in the womens division would probably dissipate pretty quickly.

Dana does a shit job at hiding his emotions so it will be something to see/hear his reaction if Caramouche wins.

• Paid Members

I read the comments underneath the article someone posted that Meltzer wrote, the one that Dana got angry at about the women's fight not being likely to draw. There are some proper cunts on there, talking about how it won't be interesting and that they'll probably switch off right before. Rousey sounds like a great asset for UFC, so I hope the PPV does good numbers. From what I've seen so far, MMA harcore fans are a bigger bunch of turds than RoHbots.

I read the comments underneath the article someone posted that Meltzer wrote, the one that Dana got angry at about the women's fight not being likely to draw. There are some proper cunts on there, talking about how it won't be interesting and that they'll probably switch off right before. Rousey sounds like a great asset for UFC, so I hope the PPV does good numbers. From what I've seen so far, MMA harcore fans are a bigger bunch of turds than RoHbots.

Henderson and Machida is the main event of this PPV for me, and I couldn't really give a fuck who wins the female bout (I'll watch it if I have time, but it's not a must-see for me). Until they develop a proper 140lbs division which will see the majority of decent female MMA talent able to compete fairly then I have no interest. This 135lbs deal has been done blatantly to keep Cyborg out of the picture. When you're picking weight limits in order to keep the most dominant female MMA fighter in history out of the equation the situation is a farce.

Truth be told, if Rousey looked like her opponent she probably wouldn't be getting the golden girl treatment. She's being pushed because she has a pretty face, blonde hair and a decent rack, simple as that. She's a tool to get the UFC onto mainstream magazine covers and the like.

I'm investing no time or effort into the division because I know as soon as she loses, it'll all disappear quick sharpish, so what's the point?

EDIT: In fact Wand, can you edit your poll and add a "who gives a fuck?" option to the main event choices? ;)

• Paid Members

Right miserable bunch, some of them.

You never know in MMA, but I'd be shocked if Rousey lost here. It's a bit of a disaster for the UFC if she does lose. Armbar.

I'm picking Macheda over Hendo. I know Henderson is proper hard, but age and his injuries are surely going to slow him down at some point.

I'm amazed that wand manages to save these write-ups from becoming a desperate parody. In lesser hands it would have definitely happened by now. Always well done.

• Paid Members

Henderson and Machida is the main event of this PPV for me, and I couldn't really give a fuck who wins the female bout (I'll watch it if I have time, but it's not a must-see for me). Until they develop a proper 140lbs division which will see the majority of decent female MMA talent able to compete fairly then I have no interest. This 135lbs deal has been done blatantly to keep Cyborg out of the picture. When you're picking weight limits in order to keep the most dominant female MMA fighter in history out of the equation the situation is a farce.

Truth be told, if Rousey looked like her opponent she probably wouldn't be getting the golden girl treatment. She's being pushed because she has a pretty face, blonde hair and a decent rack, simple as that. She's a tool to get the UFC onto mainstream magazine covers and the like.

I'm investing no time or effort into the division because I know as soon as she loses, it'll all disappear quick sharpish, so what's the point?

EDIT: In fact Wand, can you edit your poll and add a "who gives a fuck?" option to the main event choices? ;)

But Dave, doesn't hold any stock with you that Cyborg was gassed off her tits when she was dominating? Thats why i dont fully agree.with what your saying. If Cyborg was proven clean and they did this i'd be questioning the decision, but she didn't. It's Cyborg's fault.

Archived