• Paid Members

What did you guys make of this weeks double turn? Imo they've done the right thing turning Matt he wasn't exactly getting a great reaction however I can't see the EC3 character working as a big babyface

Double turns are almost always rubbish because it's hard enough telling a story of one alignment change, let alone two at the same time. While Hardy might have some reason for turning - losing his title (although he gave that up, the idiot), a bad wife, a shitty brother - EC3 has none. He's a dick. And while babyfaces are arseholes more often than not lately, they shouldn't set out to be one. So, yeah, TNA fail again.

• Paid Members

What did you guys make of this weeks double turn? Imo they've done the right thing turning Matt he wasn't exactly getting a great reaction however I can't see the EC3 character working as a big babyface

EC3 has none. He's a dick. And while babyfaces are arseholes more often than not lately, they shouldn't set out to be one. So, yeah, TNA fail again.

Bit early to be writing it off just yet eh?

• Paid Members

EC3 has none. He's a dick. And while babyfaces are arseholes more often than not lately, they shouldn't set out to be one. So, yeah, TNA fail again.

Bit early to be writing it off just yet eh?

Well, I could give them the benefit of the doubt based on their recent record...

I don't really understand why they'd want to turn their best heel and arguably the highlight of their programming in recent years. He had a lot of mileage left for me.

Possibly because their audience now is just a small number of hardcore fans who like EC3. It might be just a random TNA turn, but it could be because he's the man they want to build the company around.

• Paid Members

Dont get why everyone is on their dick for doing the obvious. Matt Hardy is better as a heel and ECIII's been doing the heel act for 2 and a half years now and people actually like him. It seemed obvious this is where they should have went.

I think the problem is none of us are actually watching Impact, so we've all probably seen about 6 episodes in those 2 and a half years and can't imagine EC3 as a heel being something old.

Matt Hardy was a very entertaining heel in ROH though. Can imagine he'll be quite good here with Reby Sky. She's a natural dickhead.

Edited by Benno

• Paid Members

Dont get why everyone is on their dick for doing the obvious. Matt Hardy is better as a heel and ECIII's been doing the heel act for 2 and a half years now and people actually like him. It seemed obvious this is where they should have went.

Indeed. They want him to be the big star, so turn him. Makes perfect sense.