I asked that question to Challenge recently on Twitter as i was interested how it stacks up as well.

I got a tweet back saying "it regularly features in the top 10". Make of that what you wil.

A couple of years ago, it was the most watched thing. How things have changed

What are the top rated shows on challenge?

I'm just wondering how Impact stacks up to old episodes of pointless.

gmIA95q.jpg

Impact was number #1  17 times in 2015 (9 weeks straight from Feb to Mid April, Aug 2, 23rd & 30th, October 11th, Nov 8, 15th & 22nd, Dec 6th) Where theres no number its dropped outside the top 10, the number 10 show represented in green)

Compare that to 2014 Where Impact was ranked number 1 29 times in the year. The average number of viewers a week has dropped from 153k to about 120k (loss of about 20% of the audience)

tEtYeUo.jpg

• Paid Members

The show looks like WCW Thunder for the PSOne. And the roster looks like a bunch of people you'd get using a cheat code along with a bunch of THQ gaming developers. The look is so unappealing. If you were to describe wrestling hell, it would be "a bunch of wrestlers WWE doesnt want working on a TV show produced by the Harris Twins." And that is what TNA has.

• Paid Members

Thanks for those stats. It's interesting to see because the UK always felt like a safe bet for them to me, no mater how much they fuck it up.

From my understanding they are the only "new" program on the channel, everything else is a repeat of a quiz show (although I know they did do new shows at one time, like Endurance UK)

To see such a drop over the prior year, and 6 weeks (?) where they slip out the top 10 is interesting. There's a pattern looking at last year to 2014, is there a causal effect to that?

Just watched the title match on challenge, am I imagining it or was matt hardy completely blown up through out that match? By the end he turned a really weird pink colour and I had to check my TV settings.

Also I completely agree tna looks hard on the eye, it's just dank looking

To see such a drop over the prior year, and 6 weeks (?) where they slip out the top 10 is interesting. There's a pattern looking at last year to 2014, is there a causal effect to that?

The pattern seems to be that there's a decent sized audience just after the UK tours where it tends to be the number one show on Challenge. Then as TNA gets shitty with the broadcaster it works with in the US towards Nov/Dec (Spike in 2014, DA in 2015) things tend to go south show wise and the numbers reflect that. December is when Challenge seems to get a lot of hammer with people full of nostalgia and Bullseye's etc figures go way up. (Incidentially Bullseye's average viewing figures over the year is around 105k, but is shown way more than IMPACT) so it makes sense that it drops out around then, especially as they start shownig best of shows.

Further bits of reference - in 2015 Week 24 is Destination X which had a strong UK presence (Spud vs Angle, Grado qualifying for X Division) the show then must have poor numbers the week after (No Grado) before sticking in a strong week when Grado challenges for the X-Divison title in week 26.

Week 35 where they apparently seem to be on the up is the Turning Point 'PPV' but despite a strong week the week after it drops out of the top 10 once more (Around the time of the GFW angles, which had instigated a bit of growth but seemed to lose viewers quite quickly ) Galloway winning the number one contendership in week 39 again does better than average, but it isn't really sustained and the only two shows that do well after that are the start of the tourney and the last 16 round. I think people are willing to give them a try if it isn't the same old shit and where there's a possibility of change they gain viewers, sadly TNA then manage to fuck this up with terrible angles, 3 minute matches and shoving the same lads down people's throats.