• Paid Members

I can't work out what's more of a piss all over the industry/intelligence of fans

CM Punk stating the UFC Heavyweight Championship to be more important than the WWE belt

or

TNA filling its roster with MMA guys we're expecting to be a threat to wrestlers bigger than them with years of experience over them?

Also Ortiz looks so bland and boring these days. King Mo to join Aces and Eights next?

Having three MMA stars on the roster is two too many, surely? With one, there's a bit of a novelty, you can protect him, and hopefully there'll be some crossover with Bellator fans. But why have 3 guys doing more or less the exact same role? It's total overkill. Baffling.

Edited by the flananator

Tito as the mystery guy is just a total letdown from a wrestling fan's perspective. Personally, I'm not an MMA fan and generally find it to be boring as fuck but Tito is one of the very few MMA guys I've always enjoyed (especially his interviews). That said, a 38-year-old Tito Ortiz, without any pro wrestling training, being a featured name in TNA just doesn't seem right. Especially when you consider TNA have another two MMA dudes laying around. One MMA guy on the roster is cool, two is alright but three is just overkill.

It sure seems Spike/Viacom are really intent on using TNA to get Bellator over. Like really, really intent. On the bright side, they're probably footing the bills for these MMA names too so at least TNA is not losing their ass by paying these dudes. Plus, this keeps the network happy, which IMO is the biggest positive for TNA in this whole deal. So it's not all bad from the TNA perspective but from the wrestling fan's perspective it ain't good.

Edited by pgi86

• Paid Members
The only American MMA practitioner/pro wrestler worth a shit is Josh Barnett. Discuss.

How dare you. The greatest MMA/wrestling crossover success story of all time is Jeff Jarrett.

Gunner had a bit of a meltdown on twitter in light of the overwhelming 'OH, JUST PISS OFF...' that the big reveal was met with. He's deleted now, but all the dirt sheets have screen captured it.

Apparently, in exchange for being kept afloat whilst they lose money out the arse they've become a glorified hype show for Bellator.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Moderators

The production on that reveal was amazing.

CUT TO: Tito

CUT TO: Mr. Anderson scratching like he has fleas

CUT TO: Mr. Anderson all agog

CUT TO: Mr. Anderson scratching like a scout trying to start a campfire

And for those non-MMA fans unfamiliar with his mic work, look forwards to some classic promos, you guys:

Edited by Astro Hollywood

• Paid Members

I would have taken Pete Gas over this. The non-reaction he got said it all, I'm sure they turned his music up after the first 'Mr Anderson is shocked' cutaway.

For those that care, Tito lost seven of his last nine UFC fights (1W/1D). Tito has his fans, but surely if they're looking to attract a sizeable portion of the UFC audience getting a bloke that spent his last few years looking old and losing isn't helping much. There is a reason the UFC weren't looking to renew his deal.

Oh well, I thought Taz and Bad Influence were good fun.

Edited by Blackson Jackson

Ugh. Couldn't be less interested in MMA guys. If it's keeping TNA afloat with Spike, then fine, but it's not going to do the product any good.