Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

I wish Anderson had oversold the reaction on the night, brilliant stuff. I suppose its not too anti-TNA but I do wonder if he is sticking around after uploading such a piss taking bunch of videos about the latest shock to 'change TNA forever'.

Posted

Even his mic work beforehand was bloody awful. Not in a heel way just in a sheer "please, shut up" sort of way. He is absolutely brutal.

Posted
I wish Anderson had oversold the reaction on the night, brilliant stuff. I suppose its not too anti-TNA but I do wonder if he is sticking around after uploading such a piss taking bunch of videos about the latest shock to 'change TNA forever'.

He was taking the piss out of people taking the piss out of his reaction.

Posted (edited)

Titos music?

 

It's weird, it sounds like James Bond going out in the rain to buy chips or a broken television set in a room where someone is playing a cheap spy film theme tune. It's not the worst theme song I have heard but how is it fitting for an MMA fighter?

 

Unless the slow pace of the music indicates Ortiz won't actually be doing anything save being bald and having folded arms.

Edited by FireBrand
Posted
Titos music?

 

It's weird, it sounds like James Bond going out in the rain to buy chips or a broken television set in a room where someone is playing a cheap spy film theme tune. It's not the worst theme song I have heard but how is it fitting for an MMA fighter?

 

Unless the slow pace of the music indicates Ortiz won't actually be doing anything save being bald and having folded arms.

 

His music was a knock off of Mosh by Eminem, right? Wasn't the worse music for an MMA Fighter, but maybe he could have done with something a bit more high impact for a debut like that.

Posted
Titos music?

 

It's weird, it sounds like James Bond going out in the rain to buy chips or a broken television set in a room where someone is playing a cheap spy film theme tune. It's not the worst theme song I have heard but how is it fitting for an MMA fighter?

 

Unless the slow pace of the music indicates Ortiz won't actually be doing anything save being bald and having folded arms.

 

His music was a knock off of Mosh by Eminem, right? Wasn't the worse music for an MMA Fighter, but maybe he could have done with something a bit more high impact for a debut like that.

 

Well maybe it's my ignorance of the Eminem song but more than that it didn't portray his character or at least what I imagine his character to be which is a brutal fighter with a bit of energy.

 

Not bad music as such just didn't fit.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I haven't heard Tito's TNA music but yeah, he did use 'Mosh' by Eminem for a lot of his fight so it's probably a knock off of that.

 

Well maybe it's my ignorance of the Eminem song but more than that it didn't portray his character or at least what I imagine his character to be which is a brutal fighter with a bit of energy.

 

Not bad music as such just didn't fit.

 

Not in the last 6 or 7 years. He's won one fight out of his last nine. He's been knackered as a fighter for a long time.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

He used it for Bellator the other night as well. What I dont get is, why cant TNA use real music? I get why WWE dont, because they have their own music department and retain the rights for their DVDs and games, but TNA has no other revenue streams. Its not like their DVDs are going to sell more or less if they just edit the music out of it. Why dont they just play the commercial music and make their guys look somewhat hip? They aren't going to profit off it anyway. ECW used to get away with it on the same network TNA is currently on.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay
Posted
He used it for Bellator the other night as well. What I dont get is, why cant TNA use real music? I get why WWE dont, because they have their own music department and retain the rights for their DVDs and games, but TNA has no other revenue streams. Its not like their DVDs are going to sell more or less if they just edit the music out of it. Why dont they just play the commercial music and make their guys look somewhat hip? They aren't going to profit off it anyway. ECW used to get away with it on the same network TNA is currently on.

 

I quite like some of the in house stuff like Bad Influence's music, Magnus on the other hand has a horrible theme. I still notice a lot of themes a pretty much generic metal or bumbling rap. Is this the right time to admit to enjoying Orlando Jordans theme from the time he doing the whole hotel/motel stuff.

Posted

The guy who writes TNA's music does some good tracks, IMO, and he managed to make Jeff Hardy's music sound. But also some absolute stinkers, if he's responsible. I think Matt Morgan's TNA theme was the worst ever - the singers is out of key all the time, it's horrible.

Posted (edited)
The guy who writes TNA's music does some good tracks, IMO, and he managed to make Jeff Hardy's music sound. But also some absolute stinkers, if he's responsible. I think Matt Morgan's TNA theme was the worst ever - the singers is out of key all the time, it's horrible.

Guys, plural. It used to be only a guy called Dale Oliver but a few years ago Serg, Dixie's husband, started writing as well. TNA's music is generally a collaborative effort between the two but Serg seems to do more than Oliver these days.

 

On a related note, since they've been brought up, both Magnus and Morgan's songs are not TNA-produced but rather songs by outside bands that TNA happens to be using. AJ Styles' current song isn't as well. Pretty much everything else these days, however, is TNA-produced.

Edited by pgi86
  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Serge sings on a few tracks, when he's not busy getting a pasting on TV. Dale Oliver is the bloke that writes the best ones and he's produced some canny themes. His masterpiece being this, of course.

Edited by Blackson Jackson
Posted
The guy who writes TNA's music does some good tracks, IMO, and he managed to make Jeff Hardy's music sound. But also some absolute stinkers, if he's responsible. I think Matt Morgan's TNA theme was the worst ever - the singers is out of key all the time, it's horrible.

 

 

Morgans one made me laugh because to my ears the opening line is "You are the wanker the sleeping giant".

Posted (edited)

I am woefully behind on Impact. I'm currently watching the induction of Magnus into the MEM and have been struck by the odd suits. Sting looks like an accountant of a firm for 30 years who has taken redundancy money and turned up at the job centre in his suit to sign on, because he thinks it's a proper interview, Samoa Joe looks like a dodgy Greek car dealer and Kurt Angle looks like a drunk uncle at a wedding. Does anyone know about suits? Can anyone tell how much TNA are shelling out on their suits. Am I just not looking at it right or are those shit suits?

 

EDIT: Just saw Al Snow's screamer of a suit jacket. I take it all back.

Edited by Forrest
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...