Source: PWInsider

- TNA Impact Wrestling will reportedly have a heavy reality TV theme to the show when it premieres with Destination America this week.

The idea is to have cameras filming everything from wrestlers walking around backstage, entering the building and even being out of character.

Dixie Carter is said to be a big fan of reality TV and Destination America already shows a lot of reality-type programming. TNA will be changing the format of Impact some to fit Destination America better.

The idea is to have cameras filming everything from wrestlers walking around backstage, entering the building and even being out of character.

I hope they don't go too far with it, I hate that stuff. Nobody should break kayfabe on a wrestling show, it's the one place you don't do it. There's working the crowd and then there's David Platt having a smoke and reading through his script in the corner of the Rovers while you're watching Corrie. 

• Paid Members

They need to dump the 2 hour Smackdown tribute format they've done since they first started. Sure they've done the odd tweek, but its still been the same match, promo, match, promo thing WWE have done. They need to take a risk. I see no problem in this. Even if its shit, they have to at least try something new. Maybe it'll work out alright. The dropping of kayfabe shouldn't even have been brought up, much less actually tried, though. There's no way a wrestling show should have a disconnect like that.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

They need to dump the 2 hour Smackdown tribute format they've done since they first started. Sure they've done the odd tweek, but its still been the same match, promo, match, promo thing WWE have done. They need to take a risk. I see no problem in this. Even if its shit, they have to at least try something new. Maybe it'll work out alright.

It's not new. They've been doing it for the last couple of years on and off. All that Impact 24/7 shite and stuff. It's fucking garbage.

What they need to do is proper pro-wrestling with simple, interesting characters who aren't too far fetched. Not 553 shit "real" backstage segments a show.

• Paid Members

Looking forward to the segment where Roode tells Joe he's not jobbing to him, no matter what's been booked. Are we sure Russo isn't back as a double top secret consultant?

Edited by SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members

Oh christ, this is the polar opposite of what they should be doing. Raw is too long, too glossy and full of bells and whistles. So why not concentrate on producing a fast paced, two hour, old-school wrestling show? Been watching some late 80's episodes of WCW on TBS recently, so that kind of thing.

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members

First DA show in US is this Wednesday, so it'll be first new Challenge episode after that (next Tuesday?).

It should be this Sunday (11th Jan) at 9pm, and repeated Tues at 10/11pm.

Huh. All this time I've genuinely thought the new episodes were shown on Challenge on a Tuesday, then repeated on Sunday. Silly me.

Oh christ, this is the polar opposite of what they should be doing. Raw is too long, too glossy and full of bells and whistles. So why not concentrate on producing a fast paced, two hour, old-school wrestling show? Been watching some late 80's episodes of WCW on TBS recently, so that kind of thing.

Cos that's not what Destination America want, and they're who TNA have to please right now.

Like Ian, I don't mind this as a direction.  When Bischoff was doing the backstage aftershow thing , TNA Reaction, I thought it added a lot to the characters and felt very different to WWE.  Having that sort of thing instead of "skits" or long in-ring promos would make a refreshing change when compared with Raw.

JR's Podcast with Dixie is online.

5 minutes in and don't know wherever she's more interested in improving TNA/iMPACT Wrestling or building up the Destination America Network.

Also the changes she believes the fans want sound horrific and same old same old from the Bischoff days. Basically she believes the fans want to know who's sleeping with who.