Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

Loved their idea of "all access". They showed John Gaburick in the Gorilla position looking over the format sheets. Stunned he never waved and grinned into the camera lense.

Posted

Loved their idea of "all access". They showed John Gaburick in the Gorilla position looking over the format sheets. Stunned he never waved and grinned into the camera lense.

 

I'm waiting for the first time they catch somebody picking their nose. 

 

Thought the show was okay overall, although I really hate the lightning setup (brighten the place up!)

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

The Torch said that the Manhattan Centre was around 70% full though, so I'm sure they could have brightened up the arena lights a bit. Its not like those recent tapings in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania that were so poorly attended that only 3-4 rows were filled.

Can't believe that venue was the same one as Raw in 1993 as it looked so different.

Edited by garynysmon
Posted (edited)

They never fucking learn

 

 

Low Ki has beaten Austin Aries for the X Division Title at tonight's tapings (to air Friday Jan 16th) after Kenny King interfered. They only put the belt on Aries last fucking night. So that's another title switch by screwy methods after a pointless switch one night earlier

 

Edited by WyattSheepMask
  • Paid Members
Posted

They never fucking learn

 

 

Low Ki has beaten Austin Aries for the X Division Title at tonight's tapings (to air Friday Jan 16th) after Kenny King interfered. They only put the belt on Aries last fucking night

 

Not only that, but

Bobby Lashley who won the title via heel methods TURNS FACE!?

 

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Lockdown is sold out, announced tonight.

 

And...

 

 

Mark Andrews made his debut tonight, he saved Spud and Borash from EC3 and Tyrus, then hit a Shooting Star Press to the outside on Tyrus which got a pop/holy shit chant

 

Edited by Psygnosis
  • Paid Members
Posted

If only there was a current example of producing really hot TV in a 400-seater building...

Posted

...the few new viewers they may have had now see Roode as a chump beaten on his first night. Just another in a long line of pointless title switches that gained nothing

 

When I read your comment yesterday my initial thought was that I don't have a huge problem with the title switch but if that was the plan they could have put the title on Roode earlier or on the DA show. I get the new show => new start => new champ logic but I don't like them putting it on a heel Lashley then turning him.  Or at least tease it before the channel switch - surely if you want a feel good factor at the end of your first show you switch to a face champ and make a big deal of it!?

 

In fact I had more of an issue with the Aries switch but the more I think about the Roode/Lashley the more it's pissing me off! 

 

Having read the spoilers from yesterday's tapings you have a very valid point. Roode came in to Destination America as the world champ and then loses for 3 weeks in a row. No matter whether they're clean losses or not that isn't good

 

Posted (edited)

Less than 400 at the tapings last night. 

 

How many more lights can they turn off? What a disgrace they're drawing that low numbers. 

 

The tickets were incredibly cheap too.

Edited by Buzz Lightyear
Posted (edited)

It's a shame to read such poor reviews. I honestly thought it could be a turning point for them. I listened to JR's podcast with Dixie and I couldn't figure her out. She spent the entire time throwing the typical TV production buzzwords about but struggled to answer the most simple and fundamental questions. I don't know their financial situation these days but I wish whoever backs them would give Dixie an ultimatum. Give them six months to turn things around or pull the plug.

 

It makes me laugh how forgiving we can be. Wrestling fans will always give companies another chance. But TNA have booked WCW2000 for the past five plus years. A 13 year old company who's had tens or hundreds of millions of dollars worth of funding, some of the best wrestlers in the world through their door, TV deals with Spike and they're still papering 800 capacity venues.

 

TNA SUX. 

Edited by Undefeated Steak
  • Paid Members
Posted

Seeing Samoa Joe still involved in TNA is the saddest thing of all. What a career he could have had in WWE or NJPW! Still, regular money must be nice, too!

  • Paid Members
Posted

But TNA have booked WCW2000 for the past five plus years. 

 

I'll agree with your post on the whole, but not this part. I thought TNA was cracking in 2012 and I never missed an episode. Slammiversary that year is in my top 10 favourite shows for sure.

Posted

 

But TNA have booked WCW2000 for the past five plus years. 

 

I'll agree with your post on the whole, but not this part. I thought TNA was cracking in 2012 and I never missed an episode. Slammiversary that year is in my top 10 favourite shows for sure.

 

 

Best PPV they've ever done. The arena that night looked fantastic, two brilliant matches on the card and the atmosphere was great. 

Posted

Seeing Samoa Joe still involved in TNA is the saddest thing of all. What a career he could have had in WWE or NJPW! Still, regular money must be nice, 

 

Imagine Joe being that bit younger and coming up through NXT. The same goes for Aries and Roode. Sad to think what could have happened. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...