Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

• Paid Members

Are any of the Cornette ones strictly wrestling based?

Only when a guest is on - but most of his guests I'd have no interest in - don't know a lot of them either - Brian Zane!? Cornette generally rants about politics - I agree with him politically for the most part, but it gets boring.

Bolin was amazing for the first few times he was on, but then jumped the shark. I usually glance at the guest really quick and delete the episode - which is 80-90% of the time now. Last one I listened to was Meltzer.

I hate Cornette's podcast and I have no idea who Kenny King is, but that was a fantastic rant.

Every time Cornette uttered the name Kenny in his hick accent, I kept expecting to hear the surname Powers.

Just to drop this here, the latest Squared Circle Gazette Radio is up, as we talk from July to September of 1997 in our Monday Night War Timeline. Complete with backstage notes from the Wrestling Observer Newsletters of the time, we discuss the peak and beginning of the end for the Hart Foundation, US Vs. Canada, Shawn Michaels turns heel, Arn Anderson retires and the nWo's parody, Lex Luger wins the WCW World Title, Steve Austin suffers a major injury and gives Vince McMahon his first Stunner, Raw changing timeslot, Nitro trying out a three hour show, and all the facts, figures, pay-per-views and major angles and events of the period. A great look back as always, check it out and let me know what you think!

http://squaredcirclegazette.podbean.com/mf/play/6g8k7i/SCGRadio56-TheMondayNightWarin1997Q3.mp3

I think this was my favourite one. Possibly my favourite era ever in wrestling, which helps! Amazing to think how much notable stuff happened in such a short time. September 22nd alone, more notable stuff than in a number of full years since!

• Paid Members

Great stuff as ever from SCG. I genuinely never thought I'd be prepared to listen to other wrestling fans talk for near 2 hours but you're definitely doing something right! Some really fascinating stuff, as another fan that went to One Night Only I had no idea that they've ever considered Bret/Bulldog (and I wonder what they'd have done with Bret/Austin if Steve hadn't gotten hurt). I think we should all also be grateful that they never went with Kane's "actual burn victim" mask.

Really looking forward to the next one, with Hell In A Cell, Bret and Vince's negotiations. Halloween Havoc's "Age In The Cage," Montreal, Cornette's commentaries, Shawn & Hunter transforming into DX, Rick Rude appearing on both shows on one night, the formation and instant rise to the top of the New Age Outlaws and Starrcade all to dissect.

• Paid Members

About time you got something fucking done. That's tomorrow at work sorted!

You only work for 2 hours? Well jealous :).

On a serious note excellent show again. I love these Timeline ones. I love Guerrero and McMicheal? Held the record for the highest ever quarter. Superb.

• Paid Members

You only work for 2 hours? Well jealous :).

On a serious note excellent show again. I love these Timeline ones. I love Guerrero and McMicheal? Held the record for the highest ever quarter. Superb.

With interruptions it took me 5 hours to listen to and 3/4 of an hour was lunch! Very enjoyable again as stated. I love these shows, they're informative and bring back some great memories.

Loved Carl's line (that I'll definitely misquote): "If less is more, imagine how much more more would be!"

• Paid Members

You only work for 2 hours? Well jealous :).On a serious note excellent show again. I love these Timeline ones. I love Guerrero and McMicheal? Held the record for the highest ever quarter. Superb.
With interruptions it took me 5 hours to listen to and 3/4 of an hour was lunch! Very enjoyable again as stated. I love these shows, they're informative and bring back some great memories.Loved Carl's line (that I'll definitely misquote): "If less is more, imagine how much more more would be!"

I had to wait until after lunch to listen to it as was out and about until lunch. Made my afternoon go super quick. You realise just how much a cock end HBK was during this time period. To the point it's actually quite impressive

• Paid Members

My podcast listening has dropped as the weather's changed so don't really want to work to work.

Will brave the cold this week for the Monday Night Wars retrospective.

SCG is easily the best wrestling related podcast out there, especially for Brits with our sense of humour. Truly wonderful.