Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

Never listen to Cornette. Its generally the worst podcast out there (mental politics and rants on the local Louisville community dont interest me), but this weeks episode (around 42 minutes) is vintage Corny. His burial of Kenny King is so good and funny. If he was like this every week, it would be great.

Just listened to it this morning.

Very funny! Some great put downs, he really went for it!

Wow, awesome to come on here tonight and see so much positive response, thanks very much fellas. Stuff like that is fuel for us, and you guys are just fantastic. Hope we didn't short change anything on this one, I was conscious that there felt like more ground to cover, to the point where the next timeline episode, as Raid pointed out, is going to be absolutely immense.

Haha, funnily enough Rick I think that quote was right on the money.

• Paid Members

Dudleys on Jericho's podcast was good - but poor dumb ol' Jericho doesn't know what a syllable is.

What does he think it is?

Making a word longer by add extra vowel sounds.

So if you say "Hogan" (2 syllables) as "Hoooooogaaaaaaaan" it's now 7 syllables apparently.

I unexpectedly enjoyed Jim Duggan on Cabana's podcast. I remember years ago seeing a shoot where he came across as a right miserable cunt (he steadfastly refused to acknowledge that Steve Austin was really any good, IIRC, amongst other stuff) but he was just a good, understated interview subject. Decent little stories and a decent memory of some of his big moments. Colt's thick-as-fuckness is on the low scale in this one too, which always helps.

Duggan hates Austin, always goes off on him whenever he's mentioned. Always goes on about the wife-beating but I'd imagine there's a bit of jealousy there too, Austin's working-man gimmick was similar to Duggan's Mid-South and early WWF gimmick before they dumbed him down with the tongue sticking out and boz-eyes. Duggan could have been a lot bigger than he got, but he was hindered by the fact that both Hogan and Dusty were nailed into their top spots in the big 2 promotions.

The Austin/Duggan heat stems from them in WCW. Duggan debuted at Fall Brawl 94 beating Austin for the US title in 30 seconds. Duggan goes on about Austin trying to sandbag him and Austin faked a knee injury in the DQ rematch at Halloween Havoc, so Austin could keep the title even though Duggan was the US champ going into the match. Also Austin hated Hogan for holding him down in WCW. Then Hogan brings all of his over the hill mates in like, Beefcake, Earthquake, Duggan, etc. Furthermore, Austin a young up & comer has to put them over, especially in a squash match for the US title which is seen like the intercontinental title. A belt for the workshorses and was held around that time by the likes of Rhodes, Rude, Steamboat. You can see why Austin was annoyed.

• 2 weeks later...

http://oswreview.com/media/oswreview55/

The latest episode of OSW Review is out in video form (form audio version will be out later this week) culminating their Austin v Rock 2001 arc with Wrestlemania 17

The rest of the story arc episodes include Royal Rumble 2001, No Way Out 2001, Final Nitro and Simulcast Raw and are well worth checking out

Edited by WyattSheepMask