Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

I think I've only ever watched one (mania 9) and the rest listened to. I guess convenience more than anything (commute, kids annoying me etc).

Having said that might make it a point to watch some of these now. Cheers for the new episode heads up

I was listening to some old SCG radio podcasts earlier, and I want to tell everyone that I nearly got sacked for laughing so violently at Kieron's (?) Popeye impression and Liam's subsequent reaction to it (62:15 on podcast #33) in the middle of an open plan office.

Keep up the good work and I look forward to your next one!

Edited by Otto Dem Wanz

• Paid Members

I love listening to Austin and up until recently I would never miss an episode, no matter how badly he was struggling for content. Listening to Austin bluff his way through those sort of shows was funny enough to keep me entertained. However, I drew the line at the recent interview with the owner of a barbecue restaurant and this week's effort with a man that makes pocket knives and likes to go hunting big game in Africa can fuck off too.

Decent chat between Tony Schiavone and Ric Flair on last week's Woo Nation, with Tony just telling old stories from Naitch's party days.

Tried multiple times and just can't get into OSW. Love the concept of the video review too, but they don't do it for me on either comedy or serious analysis. One of the more cringey podcast/video whatever out there. Would have AE and New Gen podcasts comfortably ahead of them. 

OSW is still miles ahead of the other review podcasts for me, and I've never actually watched any of their video versions. The Lemmy impression on the latest X7 review had me laughing like an idiot in the middle of a train last week. The frequency issue is the only slight drawback.

At least OSW keep you updated as to when episodes are coming on their blog and they're still my favourite of the bunch, but I can see why some wouldn't like it. AE used to be really good but dropped right off and it now seems to purely be a case of when they can be arsed to do it you get a new episode. Kevin Mahon seems more concerned with How2Wrestling with his annoying as fuck misses. Cinemaswirl also suffers with the infrequency of episodes. I understand that people have lives and everything, but if you set out on doing a podcast in the hope of having a large fan base, you need to put the shifts in to make it happen like New Gen does. New Gen are the best for consistency with a new episode every two weeks unless they specify otherwise

The AE lads all moved away from where they were based when the podcast started so I imagine working out a suitable time to get together and record a podcast when they're all free can be a pain.

I'm glad they've stuck with it and will at least see out the timeline. When Kefin is in form I find him hilarious...I can understand the split opinions on him though.