Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

Hurricane Helms on Jericho's show is a good listen. I had preconceived notions that he was a prick, but he actually seems like a nice lad. Some good little Vince stories too.

• Paid Members

Probably goes without saying on here, preaching to the converted, but the new SCG podcast returning to the Monday Night War timeline addressing July/August in 98, is a great listen. Increasingly as well as learning stuff from the Observers that I didn't know about the time, I'm fascinated by the tidbits of Meltzer's editorial that feature. He saw the writing on the wall, he really did.

Thanks for the mention fellas, glad you enjoyed! For those who havent heard it, the latest Squared Circle Gazette Radio is now up as we return to the Monday Night War Timeline, talking every Raw, Nitro and PPV from July and August of 1998. We relive the period with inside notes from the Wrestling Observer Newsletters of the time running through all the on and off screen news, as we talk historic moments such as Goldberg Vs. Hogan at the Georgia Dome, the disaster that was the Brawl 4 All Tournament, The Highway to Hell storyline, the continued greatness of The Rock, the use of Karl Malone, Dennis Rodman and Jay Leno, Buff Bagwell returns, a costly mistake from WCW on PPV that would come back to bite them, a historic Summerslam, sleaze overwhelming the WWF and all the backstage machinations at WCW, as well as all the facts, figures, ratings and buyrates of the time. A really fun supersized show talking one of the most interesting two months periods in the timeline yet, check it out and let us know what you think!

http://squaredcirclegazette.podbean.com/mf/web/k9zssj/SCG_Radio_90_-_The_Monday_Night_War_in_1998_-_Jul_and_Aug.mp3

Edited by Liam O'Rourke

• Paid Members

Have to say Liam, I only started listening to your shows a couple of months ago, and I very much look forward to them every week now. I started with a timeline show and downloaded the back catalogue on podbean afterwards and they keep me regularly entertained on the commute. I'm running out of your back episodes now! Keep up the great work fellas.

Thanks for the mention fellas, glad you enjoyed! For those who havent heard it, the latest Squared Circle Gazette Radio is now up as we return to the Monday Night War Timeline, talking every Raw, Nitro and PPV from July and August of 1998. We relive the period with inside notes from the Wrestling Observer Newsletters of the time running through all the on and off screen news, as we talk historic moments such as Goldberg Vs. Hogan at the Georgia Dome, the disaster that was the Brawl 4 All Tournament, The Highway to Hell storyline, the continued greatness of The Rock, the use of Karl Malone, Dennis Rodman and Jay Leno, Buff Bagwell returns, a costly mistake from WCW on PPV that would come back to bite them, a historic Summerslam, sleaze overwhelming the WWF and all the backstage machinations at WCW, as well as all the facts, figures, ratings and buyrates of the time. A really fun supersized show talking one of the most interesting two months periods in the timeline yet, check it out and let us know what you think!

http://squaredcirclegazette.podbean.com/mf/web/k9zssj/SCG_Radio_90_-_The_Monday_Night_War_in_1998_-_Jul_and_Aug.mp3

Just listened to a good portion in the gym I legit LMAOed at the "Beating The Meat" gag.

Just wanted to give you a heads-up to an interview I've recorded with British legends Johnny Saint & Marty Jones talking about their introduction to wrestling, the World of Sport days & life thereafter.

'My Life in Sport' will air on my Summer Sport show on BBC Radio Humberside this Saturday (16 July) & is about 35 mins in total but will be split into 2 parts. The show is on from 2-6pm with the chat airing after 3pm.

You'll be able to listen either on Radio Humberside if you're in the area, by going to www.bbc.co.uk/humberside or listening here http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03zypzf.

Feel free to share on social media also.

Thanks!

Mike White