Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

I gave up on that real quick, the guests were all guys i'd never heard of.

He's still crying over Regal "shooting" on him, even says he wants to fight him. I've watched that match a bunch of times and it just looks like Regal's trying to wrestle a lump of rock that can't work with him, i reckon Bills ego got little bruised so he made it all up.

• Paid Members

Goldberg's podcast is finished isnt it? I havent seen anyone mention it in about a year. It was unbearable. Seems like a nice chap, but dull as dish water. Cars and old American football players is his game. If you dont care about those, you'll not make it through one of his podcasts.

No idea why he's still got a hard on for Regal. He should be mad at the road agent who gave them the instructions, because the match went exactly how it was planned to.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Jericho's with Gerwitz has been great so far. The Wrestler court story was hilarious and equally as mental. Loved the Steve Blackman doing stand up bit too, made me go and find the clip as I'd not seen it.
Tried Russo's podcast after enjoying his Austin one. The one with Damien Sandow was quite interesting but fairly calm, and his Raw Review one is kinda fun but doesn't cover a whole lot as much as I'd like He also spoke a lot about how constipated he was and how he couldn't wank properly. There's something both gripping but irritating as shit about Russo. LET ME SHOOT BRO, NOW LISTEN BRO, BRO, BRO, BRO, SHOOT, BRO, NOW BRO.

Edited by FelatioLips

• Paid Members

I haven't listened to Russo's own podcast, that might be too much for me, but his two appearances on Austin's show over the past week have been great. He gets Austin all wound up about the state of modern wrestling, really challenges his diplomacy. I love how Austin will absolutely bury the current product 'with the greatest of respect'.

Today's Talk Is Jericho:

Sandra Toffoloni, sister of Nancy Benoit, aunt of Daniel and nanny to the family, joins TIJ on the 9 year anniversary of their deaths to celebrate their memories with happy stories of their lives. Sandy also speaks in-depth about what may have caused her brother-in-law, Chris Benoit, to murder his family and himself. Sandy was close to Chris and paints a vivid picture of his behavior and personality from when they first met up until the months leading up the unspeakable tragedy. She talks openly about what it was like after the tragedy unfolded; how she and her parents dealt with the press and curious fans; and how they're coping today.

Just to drop this in here, the latest Squared Circle Gazette Radio is now up, as we attempt to book the 2016 WWE Draft! At your request, we're talking all about current events, looking at who should go to which show and why, the title situation, NXT call-ups, feuds and stories out of the gate, possible directions for WrestleMania 33 and much more. In addition, we get your thoughts on what you want to see out of this brand split, as we explore ways to make the shows different. A really interesting show breaking down what lies ahead in the world of WWE. Do we manage to pull it off? You be the judge! Check it out and let us know!

http://squaredcirclegazette.podbean.com/mf/web/5b49v4/SCG_Radio_89_-_Booking_the_2016_WWE_Draft.mp3

• Paid Members

I recently worked on a podcast/audio story on Les Kellett with Colt Cabana for his Pro Wrestling Fringe series on subscription site Howl.FM. You can listen to it here for free as part of his regular Art of Wrestling podcast (or get it through the usual AoW feed):

https://soundcloud.com/coltcabana/aow-howl-presents-pro-wrestling-fringe-laugh-til-it-hurts

If you like it and want to hear more Pro Wrestling Fringe, you can get a month's free membership at Howl.FM with the offer code COLT.

Nice work on the show, Lister. I'm finally able to put a voice to your posts. Would have been nice if the whole thing lasted a little longer, both the story and discussion that followed. Kellett was obviously a fascinating subject, but it feels like the surface was only scratched.

Must admit I'm not a fan of Colt's storytelling style, with the soundtrack over the top. I just find it weird. I'd much prefer to just listen to a couple of guys discussing the matter at hand.

• Paid Members

The Gerwitz and Nancy Benoit's sister podcasts Jericho did this week were incredible listening. I suggest you listen to Gerwitz second, because it'll cheer you up. Nancy's sister gives by far the definitive story on the murders. Really gets you inside the relationship of Nancy and Chris at the time. As well as all the made up stuff that was reported at the time (like the track marks on Daniel's arm and stuff, and all the old wrestlers coming out for their 5 minutes of fame on Fox News). Its just a fantastic interview. Also big respect for Paul Heyman for keeping in contact with her for all those years. Generally people seem to forget other people suffered but to the Benoit murders. Nancy had a family as well.

Gerwitz is fucking hilarious. Its also funny considering he's been the industry boogeyman for about 16 years now and the person they hold up as this "geek who ruined the business", yet is far down to earth than a lot of the people who call him a comic book geek who cant get a shag. The wrestlers court story was amazing. Paints a story of a locker room who just wants it to be a laugh and the other half who are quite insane.

If you havent listened to these yet, do it now. They're the best podcasts of the year.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

I had a listen the Brian Gerwitz podcast a couple of weeks ago and just finished the other one earlier this morning. As you said, both are great listening.

I have been one of Jericho's critics in the past with regards to his podcast, but these were a much better listen this what he used to put out. He's pretty dropped the opening 20minutes of very bad comedy and Fozzy plugs and just gets into the meat of the piece early on and the whole thing is a much better experience because of it