UKFF Hip Hop Thread

Chest Rockwell

43 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

After watching Blindspotting the other night, I thought I'd check out Daveed Diggs rap group, Clipping. They have just released a new track which is pretty good. Gonna check out the album that's out in October.

Ever listen to Death Grips? Kind of similar although I'd say they're more experimental.

Death Grips are one of those groups that on paper I should love. People who are into all the same stuff as me love them but I haven’t liked any of the stuff I’ve heard. To be honest though, I’ve only ever heard bits and bobs. Maybe I should listen to an album all the way through as I feel I’ll be into them once I’ve given it them a proper go.

Many recommendations on where to start?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2019 at 11:40 PM, wordsfromlee said:

Death Grips are one of those groups that on paper I should love. People who are into all the same stuff as me love them but I haven’t liked any of the stuff I’ve heard. To be honest though, I’ve only ever heard bits and bobs. Maybe I should listen to an album all the way through as I feel I’ll be into them once I’ve given it them a proper go.

Many recommendations on where to start?

Bit late but Bottomless Pit is probably their most coherent album.

On a similar vibe, JPEGMAFIA has a new album out soon and going by this first single he's channelling some of his previous incarnation Devon Hendryx. He's also said there's no filter this time, he'd usually cut things out to be more radio friendly but he's keeping this as chaotic as possible.

Edited by Merzbow

• 2 weeks later...