Sign in to follow this  
Chest Rockwell

UKFF Hip Hop Thread

When I first started listening to hip hop, I unfairly lumped Geto Boys in with all the trash Cash Money shit that was popular at the time (apart from Juvenile-Ha which is great). 

I was wrong as Geto Boys are fucking ace. That’s very sad.

Ah that’s gutting to hear. Geto Boys are quality. ‘Mind Playing Tricks On Me’ is one of my favourite hip hop songs ever. 

Absolute classic. 

Very sad to hear about Bushwhic Bills cancer. I really hope that they bring a show to Germany or Amsterdam, know Face can't get into the UK with his record and would likely be the same with Bill and willie. Would fly out for that. SCARFACE is my second favourite rapper of all time and would rank willie and Bushwhick in top 30 of all time. 

I bet the atmosphere at those shows will be something special. I saw Dilla's last show over here and he literally had to be carried on to the stage but it was an amazing night.

10 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I bet the atmosphere at those shows will be something special. I saw Dilla's last show over here and he literally had to be carried on to the stage but it was an amazing night.

Where/when was that? Must be a bittersweet memory.

Was lucky enough to catch Slum Village live when I was 15/16 along with Phat Kat

Diamond D from DITC’s new album came out today. 

D3-B39-D86-5328-4-B91-B2-CE-605-A89-A583

Haven’t heard much of him before, apart from the obvious stuff with Big L years ago. But this might be worth a listen looking at the lineup of names featured. Raekwon, Snoop Dogg, Fat Joe, Havoc from Mobb Deep, Buckshot, Rock from Heltah Skeltah, Steele from Smif n Wessun, Pharaohe Monch, Elzhi and a bunch more are on there. 

10 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Have you never heard his album Stunts, Blunts & Hip Hop? It's a stone cold fucking classic, you should get on that.

Not the whole thing, just a couple of tracks. I’ll give it a spin in a bit. 

@Chest Rockwell@wandshogun09 All other hip hop fans, the Wu Tang mini series is here. Only watched the first episode, but it’s safe to say, any fan of their music will enjoy this.

I’m always unsure of the ‘links to streaming sites rules’ so I’ll play it safe in case the FBI are watching

Kool Keith brings you new music by Kool Keith.

Well that’s a lovely beat, but that’s to be expected as Les is one of the most underrated producers ever, but B-Real...I just can’t stand his voice and flow. He seems to have got less nasal as he’s got older but still not for me.

Sage Francis and B Dolan have teamed up again as the Epic Beard Men and whilst I’ve never been a massive fan of either, it’s a really good album. Not as “backpacker” as it sounds and they both compliment each other well.