UKFF Hip Hop Thread

Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members

It's not out until November 9th apparently. 

Here's the tracklist...

1) Kings

2) Dad's Talk (Skit) 

3) Breukelen "Brooklyn" feat. Smif-N-Wessun

4) Get Shot

5) Still Love Her feat. Pearl Gates

6) Man Law feat. Styles P

7) You & I

8) Gotta Go (Skit) 

9) Sunken Place feat. Pav Bundy

10) Corporal Punishment feat. Elzhi

11) Landlord Of The Flies (Skit) 

12) Count Em Up feat. Lil Fame

13) American Me

14) The Cutting Room (Skit)

15) God Bodies feat. Trini Boy

16) Wanna Be feat. Marlon Craft

17) Three feat. eMC

18) The Fight Song feat. Pharoahe Monch

19) Mom's Talk (Skit)

• Paid Members

Cheers for that @SuperBacon I'll give it a watch in a bit. Love some Masta Ace. I think he gets overlooked a lot sadly. 

I still bump this classic pretty regularly. 

Masta Ace, Buckshot and Special Ed 'Crooklyn Dodgers';

Buckshot is class on that as well, love his verse. 

But yeah, Ace is ace. One of those rappers who makes it sound effortless. Really looking forward to this new album. 

• 5 weeks later...

Ghetts has always been amazing, guys like him and Dot Rotten were ahead of their time but their boundry pushing works seemed to be looked down upon by your average grimehead, they're worse than metallers at times for being purists.

They cry "grime's dead" at every opportunity not realising that they're part of the problem that stops the genre growing. Anyway enough moaning..

It's mad how much Pres T has been putting on the past couple of years, always loved his weird flow and it's good to see him being noticed again.

• Paid Members
On 10/3/2018 at 3:59 PM, Chest Rockwell said:

Nice. Have you heard the album? Is it any good?

The new Masta Ace and Marco Polo album is out now. Only listened to around half of it so far but it’s good. I think you’ll like it Chest. 

• Moderators

I listened to it this morning as it happens. I thought it was alright but nothing particularly special or exciting. Also the voice acting on the skits is some of the worst I've ever heard.

I also listened to the new Edan and Homeboy Sandman album today. It's really fucking good. Fresh and exciting in all the ways that the Polo/Ace album is just a bit predictable.

Don't get me wrong, there's some rather good tracks on it, but overall it just didn't get me hyped.

• Paid Members

Meant to post in here a while ago…..

Has anyone else heard the new Cypress Hill album? Thoughts?

I was unsure at first but after a few spins it seemed to click & now I absolutely love it. It’s by far the most interesting hip-hop release I’ve heard this year & in a time where most rappers albums seem to be a collection of songs recorded at different times with different producers it’s really refreshing to hear something with a distinct sound that was obviously intended to be one piece of work. I read an interview shortly after its release which said that when it was done DJ Muggs sent them the album but just as 1 track, so they couldn’t skip tracks & had to listen to it in its entirety. B-Real is incredible on this too.

I’ve got tickets to see them in a few weeks & it’s the most excited for a gig I’ve been in years.

• Paid Members

I enjoyed what I heard so far but I bum anything with Masta Ace in it so I might be overrating it. 

The skits can indeed piss off though. I’ve never liked too much of that. It’s the one thing that used to annoy me listening to Wu-Tang, so many of their best songs on their albums had about a minute, sometimes more, of them all talking bollocks before the track kicked in.