UKFF Hip Hop Thread

Chest Rockwell

Sorry, but can we talk about how Eminem ABSOLUTELY KILLS HIS VERSE ON THIS. I know he makes shit albums these days, but the way he switches up his flow on this about 5 or 6 times is absolutely insane. The acceleration on the first 8 bars is just...jesus... Not to get too nerdy, but his cadence and his choice of pronunciation on certain words is...I just can't even at the moment. His choice of how he pronounces the word "inspiration" just shows you that he really is the sickest when he wants to be. His best verse since No Love. About 2:30 in...

Thanks for the recommendations @wordsfromlee and @Chest Rockwell, really enjoyed both those.

Been listening to the new MC Paul Barman album today, and it's bloody great. He's always been a very acquired taste*, but its really wicked. Also features Masta Ace so that ups it a grade. 

*his line "my pissed off jimbrowski, turned three colours like krystof kieslowski" always popped me though...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

The best documentary I've seen on hip hop is Welcome to Death Row. It's one I can watch repeatedly and never get bored of. Haunting stuff 

I had this debate the other night with a mate regarding an old feud; Canibus and LL Cool J.  

Just wondering what the opinions of you fine mob are on the subject? I'm purely in the LL won camp but my mate maintains Canibus slaughtered LL. 

Canibus chopped his own bollocks on 2nd Round KO with the Freudian slip pertaining to eating bum, in my opinion. No coming back from that. 

• Paid Members
43 minutes ago, Scott Malbranque said:

The best documentary I've seen on hip hop is Welcome to Death Row. It's one I can watch repeatedly and never get bored of. Haunting stuff 

I really want to see that but haven't found it anywhere. What platforms it on? I've got Netflix, Amazon and NowTV.

Yea I have that doc on DVD too. Came in a box set with a Tupac doc and another (Tupac Before I Wake). The BET Behind the Label ones about Uptown Records, Loud etc are good too. Theres another good hip hop doc about Yay Area rapper the late Mac Dre I saw years ago on BET, it's up on YouTube here

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LasX5TyjGWA

Plus the Louis Theroux Weird Weekend rap where he meets up with Master P is another favourite. Especially Louis rapping. 

Edited by Really Big Shoe