Sign in to follow this  
Chest Rockwell

UKFF Hip Hop Thread

Not sure what I’d have as a Top 5 but I’d probably have Premier as my #1. His Gang Starr beats alone would put him in the convo then you look at the rest of his body of work and he’s got to be up there in anyone’s Top 5. 

Alchemist would definitely make my list as well. I was a huge fan of Mobb Deep when I first got into hip hop and Alchemist produced some of their best beats like ‘The Realest’ feat. Kool G Rap, ‘Win or Lose’ and ‘Keep It Thoro’ off one of Prodigy’s solo projects. He did a few tracks off Sean Price’s Mic Tyson album as well and some for Nas’ ‘God’s Son’ album which I loved like ‘Book Of Rhymes’ and ‘Revolutionary Warfare’. 

He’s responsible for this beat as well; 

Absolute classic. 

The Realest is such a great beat but this is his best one ever. This tune is fucking ROWDY and makes me want to punch holes in walls. THEY’LL BURY ME WITH MY SP1200!!!

35 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Nah, Diamond D has made some of the dopest beats, and makes the type of shit I like so he’s in for me. Again, personal preference

Fair enough. For producers of his ilk I'd rate Large Pro over him though.

Ronnie Bosh released his debut album this week & I'd highly recommend it. There's a couple of weak tracks on there but overall it's very good & the production from Dirty Dike is spot on. It's owes quite a lot to mid-late nineties New York hiphop which is no bad thing.

One thing I like about it is that it’s only 11 tracks long. I enjoyed it on first listen, and will definitely revisit it.

YBN Cordae released his yesterday too, The Lost Boy. It is very, very decent. I’d only heard of him a few days ago, but am so impressed with him. Probably the most lyrical MC of that particular style of hip hop since Kendrick. Some lovely beats too.

Lastly, the greatest thing all week is Tyler The Creator making Funk Flex uncomfortable by freestyling about butt sex. Excellent. 

What the hell did I just watch? 

Sean Price, Matt Fingaz & Ol’ Dirty Bastard - ‘I Don’t Give A Fuck’ animated music video;

That old granny gives Mae Young’s spaniel’s ears fake boobs a run for their money.