UKFF Hip Hop Thread

Chest Rockwell

Got it on now. It is banging. I've been on a bit of a MOP/Lil Fame binge of recent, and he is incredibly underrated as an MC and a producer. Sometimes all I want is rappers shouting "BBBBRRRRRRRRRAAAAPADOOOOOOO" about guns, but he's a lot more than that, and I'd comfortably put him in a top ten. Found this wicked tidbit on MOP a week or so back as well about the First Family 4 Life album "The album had the dubious distinction of being the most stolen album from New York City's HMV stores in 1998.[6]"

Gangster.

• Paid Members

”For every shell dropped it’s a n*gga sittin’ in a cell block, or a n*gga stiff up in the morgue from a head shot. I show these bitches where the business is. I ain’t never hide from nobody besides Jehova’s Witnesses”. 

😆

Yeah, Fame is really on form on this album. Him and Sean P go together perfectly on this. Sure I read Fame’s got a solo album coming as well. 

Edited by wandshogun09

25 minutes ago, Undefeated Steak said:

Montana by French Montana might be the best hip hop album I've heard since Yeezus. Really good. 'That Way' is a particularly fun track. 

Just seen it features Post Malone, Chris Brown, Blueface and Drake on TWO songs, so I’ll have to take your word for it.

Atmosphere quietly released another album (Whenever) a few weeks ago and it’s predictably great. Slug is a very underrated MC and always has been. Features him being horny over his Postwoman on Postal Lady. Which is a hard relate as mine is fit too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

@SuperBacon  You’re going to this on Saturday right? Stage times if you’d not already seen them?

If Manchester is timed/scheduled like this I’ll be well chuffed as I couldn’t give a fuck about the drum & bass stuff so I’ll be able to get an early train home. Fingers crossed there's no pull outs!

BH.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Eminem albums have gone the same way as Wrestlemanias. Wouldn't have a clue what number we're on or what was on the last one. 

I've only listened to one track (Darkness) from his new album but felt obliged to post in here because I enjoyed it so much. Then again, I loved French Montana's album so maybe you should give it a miss. 

• Paid Members

Same. Never really rated him all that much but really liked that. Been getting more into Conway and Benny recently though and enjoying it. 

Also been really digging The Opioid Era lately. Wasn’t familiar with them until recently but stumbled across this track and started working through some of their other stuff. 

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Leaf Dog and Mac Miller both had albums out that day and people still chose to listen to Eminem. Jesus Christ 

Enjoying the Leaf Dog album. He's probably my least favourite of the Four Owls but the beats & guests on this are mostly all great.

• Paid Members

I'm hoping for some ukff recommend albums.

I finally picked up 36 chambers and loved it more than I did when I first heard it back in the early days of napstar being a thing.

From that I got Ironman, which I've enjoyed, and Return to the 36 which is ok but not my bag top to bottom.

So my question is what other Wu-tang group or solo efforts are worth seeking out?