Post yer Plimsolls !!

RancidPunx

15 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Can’t help with Gazelles, but wearing some I-5923’s which I bought from the Schuh imperfects website for 65% because they had a little black mark on the laces part of one of the shoes. I have worn them at least every other day for 10 months and the boost sole is still comfy.

I highly recommend shopping of those sites, especially if you end up scuffling your shoes after a few weeks anyway. Here’s some info https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/deals-hunter/2018/05/shoe-outlets-from-office-and-schuh-flogging-footwear-on-the-chea/

Cheers for the link, it will come in handy for my son, hopefully can get him some cheap shoes for PE/kick abouts.

14 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I'm not maybe the best person to ask because:-

1) I have over 50 pairs that I wear in rotation

2) I don't go out much

So it takes a while for them to wear out. Gazelles seem quite hardy, Hamburgs less so. I didn't buy any Trimm Trabbs because they seemed very lightweight. I'd say Sambas are probably the hardiest that I own.

50 pairs! Damn and I feel bad for having about 20 pairs (Various brands) cluttering up the house. I thought I'd ask you since you are the lord of the Gazelles round here. I'll just bite the bullet and get an on sale pair and see how they go. 

For anyone interested, here's my haul from yesterday:

KsgLJrp_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

These were on offer for £35 but my friend got me a discount so I only paid £17.50. For that price, I couldn't say no. 

x2LKtQV_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

My favourite style of trainer, the stripes look white in this picture but they're actually black, couldn't get a good picture of them without using the flash/light on this phone. The laces are getting changed on these. They retail for £80 but my friend got them down to £42.

VGSrckA_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Last of them and bought for the Spring/Summer months. £45 on offer from Oi Polloi Manchester, took the last pair too. 

56 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Have I read this wrong? And if not does no-one else think this is an insane amount of shoes to get through?? How is no-one questioning this?

I'd assumed he meant that he bought 15 pairs in the last 12 months, no? If he's actually gone through that amount of shoes then questions need to be asked.

3 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Have I read this wrong? And if not does no-one else think this is an insane amount of shoes to get through?? How is no-one questioning this?

I've bought 15 pairs of Jordans in the last year, I've gone through about 5 pairs of them, 2 through wear and tear/flimsy soles. (Jordans 95% of the time are solid/long lasting.) 2 by using them recklessly and 1 by popping the air bubble after slipping off a curb. I've given around 6 pairs to friends and family because I'd gone off them or they weren't as comfortable as I thought they'd be. 2 pairs were sold on which is something I rarely do with shoes. 

15 is excessive in my own mind which is why I stated that I need to stop buying them. However I must state that I haven't paid full whack for any of them and the purchases are always calculated/never regretted. 

2 hours ago, David said:

I'd assumed he meant that he bought 15 pairs in the last 12 months, no? If he's actually gone through that amount of shoes then questions need to be asked.

You are correct but some will say that going through 5 pairs in 12 months is still a bit much. Unlike Devon and TBB, I don't really rotate and being a fat bastard doesn't exactly help.

Edited by Rule One

• Paid Members

I haven't had any Jordans or Air Max since I was younger but I do remember them being pretty flimsy and popping as well, so I could see how you could get through a good number of pairs quickly, especially if you're a chubber. Generally Nike aren't known for their durability compared to Adidas and Vans especially.

19 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

ARE YOU KICKING WALLS IN THEM????

Fucking hell. My Nike Janoskis have lasted me about 2 years (I wear smart shoes/desert boots/plimsolls otherwise) and still look dope, and I do a lot of walking. Not Ralphy levels but still

No the two pairs that were trashed was due to being reckless with them, one pair I spilt gloss over them like a tit and the other was through chasing a client, ripped the toe climbing a fence. Two others were through general wear down but only on the soles, I like to keep them looking as best as I can for as long as possible. I've still got a pair of Nike Basketball Backboards from ten years ago that look great but it's very rare I'll put them on because the heel part of the sole is worn down and I'm putting off getting rid of them for as long as I can.

18 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

I haven't had any Jordans or Air Max since I was younger but I do remember them being pretty flimsy and popping as well, so I could see how you could get through a good number of pairs quickly, especially if you're a chubber. Generally Nike aren't known for their durability compared to Adidas and Vans especially.

It's more to do with how cheap/the materials used for soles are now than they were 5-10 years ago combined with fashion moving faster at an alarming rate. There's very little durability as we're in the midst of easy replacement culture. (TV's, phones/general technology.)

Years ago you knew that paying high prices on certain brands would guarantee quality and durability but now they all tend to blur into one. Nike Air Force Ones used to have a good sized and durable soles now you're paying £70-90 for at least an inch of nothingness and 2/3mm of easy wear soles. Another example would be Nike Vapourmax's, £170 for what is a game of chance/gambling on air bubbles. If you can pay for them easily, more power to you but there's no way I could justify paying that but inner city people are increasingly being pressurised into thinking that this is acceptable and will continue to as this is the current in thing.

It pisses me off because the majority of shoes can't be recycled and the market is still not providing a solution to that. Yes they've made steps into using recycled materials to make new products but have produced nothing in terms of end of use recycling. Most shoes I have only get chucked because the soles wear down on them, the rest of the shoe would last me years on end on most pairs if I could get new soles on them. 

Edited by Rule One

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I pretty much just get these now. They're comfy, kind of keep my ankles from collapsing sideways when I'm lumbering about like Ludo from Labyrinth, and are a refreshing change from my safety boots. 

Screenshot_20200208_090622.jpg

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Unfortunately I probably won't get to that, which is probably for the best considering my current finances.

I did get three numbers on the Irish Lottery and bought these off eBay though this week.

Image result for adidas rom blue and red stripes

Image result for adidas spezial yellow and blue

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, RancidPunx said:

nb0094-web2.jpgTempted by these on and off for the last 6 months. Can’t seem to pull the trigger though .

What you reckon ?

https://www.nobullproject.com/products/high-top-black-gum-trainer-mens?variant=30348680626250

Never heard of them before. Details sound interesting, but the shipping and tax will make them super expensive