The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread

EdgarTheSlouch

Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, outdoor

Posted on Facebook by The Rock

What a crazy throwback from the 70’s. 
Here’s the “8th Wonder of the World” AndrĂ© the Giant, using my 315lb grandfather, High Chief Peter Maivia as a booster seat and making my granddad look like a little boy. 
They were the best of friends, wrestled nightly, tough as hell and as you can see by their smiles and open energy - they lived like to the absolute fullest. 
My grandfather died when I boy so I never got to know him as a man. Would’ve loved to have raised a tequila with these men. 
Would’ve also loved to have wrestled them too - those would’ve been fun ass kickin’s for me to take 😉
#thegiant #andthehighchiefÂ đŸ„ƒ

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, SaitoRyo said:

153_sMGAPWR_01221996_0002--345558e0bea03

I have a vague recollection of Hogan and Savage doing a UK promotion in 1995.  Besides the WCW brand in general, what specifically would they have been promoting?  Am I right in saying that the only WCW on UK TV at the time was Worldwide on some ITV regions?  Was there any WCW merch available in the UK at that point?

• Paid Members

Hogan and Savage were on all the big promotion vehicles of the time (Big Breakfast, Live and Kicking etc.) and Savage was so far ahead of Hogan as a presence, it was actually frightening. I attribute that tour to promote Nitro as one of the reasons Hogan probably thought "this red and yellow shit is finished." Savage was this witty, tour de force of energy and charisma, and Hogan looked like an old bloke who was promoting a one man show where he reads about his novel a shop assistant who finds love. I think the Big Breakfast was the one where all Macho's jokes were homeruns and Hogan looked like a tosser yellow cowboy boots. When Hogan isnt on the gas, he isnt half the presence.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

15 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Hogan and Savage were on all the big promotion vehicles of the time (Big Breakfast, Live and Kicking etc.) and Savage was so far ahead of Hogan as a presence, it was actually frightening. I attribute that tour to promote Nitro as one of the reasons Hogan probably thought "this red and yellow shit is finished." Savage was this witty, tour de force of energy and charisma, and Hogan looked like an old bloke who was promoting a one man show where he reads about his novel a shop assistant who finds love. I think the Big Breakfast was the one where all Macho's jokes were homeruns and Hogan looked like a tosser yellow cowboy boots. When Hogan isnt on the gas, he isnt half the presence.

Christ Ian your right, just watched p1 and 2. Savage owns Hogan here.

Was Hogan 'clean' of everything here?? Normal voice, obviously off the 'juice', lacking that "ahem" wild eyed promo look?? 

So unusual to see Hogan so off his game and tbh, lacking in charisma

Looking back Hogan so needed that Wcw nWo  run to freshen his character up in 96. 

• Paid Members
On 7/23/2019 at 11:16 PM, bbabba said:

Was there any WCW merch available in the UK at that point?

You mean apart from the first WCW OSFTM wrestling figure line? Arguably the shittest figure line ever.

“Lets make them an inch bigger than the last ones, and make their guts turn 360.”

A825A4F8-A1E0-47B4-BADC-59BB8270DE2E.jpeg