Jump to content

The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread


EdgarTheSlouch

Recommended Posts

Posted
3 hours ago, Otto Dem Wanz said:

@PowerButchi I've found your wrestling doppelganger, Pampero Firpo (pictured here with Don Leo Jonathan)!

Dz1FFdnVYAADUMr.jpg

Looks more like Rusev and Walter at one of those vintage photographers you find on a seaside pier. 

  • Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Posted

Pampero Firpo was who Randy Savage took the "Ohhhhhh yeah~!" catchphrase and general demeanour from - I've never seen his work, but he fits right into that "pioneer of hardcore" vibe I love, so should seek it out.

  • Paid Members
Posted
7 hours ago, BomberPat said:

Pampero Firpo was who Randy Savage took the "Ohhhhhh yeah~!" catchphrase and general demeanour from - I've never seen his work, but he fits right into that "pioneer of hardcore" vibe I love, so should seek it out.

 

Posted

The more modern footage where he's got the stick in his hand will involve him wearing a wig and a fake beard and moustache, because he'd cut and shaved it off by then in his retirement.

 

Also, the blonde jobber in the blue trunks that he's mauling is a very young Jimmy Valiant.

Posted
3 hours ago, BomberPat said:

I refuse to believe there was ever a young Jimmy Valiant.

You've got to watch this match, where he's in his early twenties, just to see him go for a side headlock on the wrong side and how he runs off the ropes:

 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Rikishi on an old Confidential. Check out chunky Reigns and his douchey tie (plus other Samoans, natch). 

mzqpwwazlzi21.thumb.jpg.da5b89d139f33db94bf01b8f6487f18d.jpg

Posted
On 2/28/2019 at 7:17 AM, Onyx2 said:

Rikishi on an old Confidential. Check out chunky Reigns and his douchey tie (plus other Samoans, natch). 

 

Where are the Uso's in that photo, if they are?

  • Paid Members
Posted
Just now, simonworden said:

Where are the Uso's in that photo, if they are?

I thought they were the one next to Roman and the one behind Rikishi.

Posted
14 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

I thought they were the one next to Roman and the one behind Rikishi.

Possibly the guy next to Roman doesn't look very Uso-ish though. 

Posted
1 hour ago, returner82 said:

The one in front of young Roman is the one who was on Raw in '97 telling Father Christmas "You ain't Santy Claus!", isn't it?

He looks more like he should be tracking down Crocodile Dundee through the Australian bush.

 

Hechter-Ubarry.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...