The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread

EdgarTheSlouch

• Paid Members

Really chuffed by this, Roman Reigns is in  Fast and the Furious spin off Hobbs and Shaw as The Rocks brother.

Hobbs-Shaw-Cast-Roman-Reigns-Joe-Anoai.jpg

1 hour ago, returner82 said:

Beyond strongmen and bodybuilders like Alan Dennison and Johnny England, weren't the most muscular guys in British wrestling pretty much Steve Regal and Dave Taylor?

Yes or worse, but they were not pretending to be Road Warrior Hawk.

I actually went to a "tribute" show that Ricky Knight came out as "Animal" and the MC said "Animal's luggage had got lost at the airport" to justify the fact he had no armour plating or whatever you call the real Road Warrior's gear and he came out with similar costume (with beer gut) and face paint.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

WWE official YouTube awaiting an angry letter from @air_raid

I've come to expect it from plebs but if you're being PAID to produce online content, shouldn't correct use of the English language be a basic requirement of the job? I'm not even playing up to my own stereotype when I say this infuriates me.

You can see why the UK embraced American wrestling the way it did. 

Up until the wwe hitting mainstream all the UK knew wrestling as was middle aged fat hairy men in speedo's.

We had BIG daddy

26ebc95786bc8b0a02c38c3c5f254d8e.jpg

WWF had 

mQJdwo1e7qWLM-J_sGxgSLA.jpg

Real life marvel esque looking superheros. 

No wonder UK became I think WWfs 2nd biggest market 

Edited by JakeRobertsParoleOfficer

11 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

On that Big Daddy poster - who was The Pitmen's Hercules? Miner gimmick, genuine former miner?

It was Crazy Dave Adams.

He is the father of Johnny Angel who tagged against Big Daddy in a lot of Daddy's matches at the end of his career, under a mask. Angel returned years later for the FWA.

I enjoyed watching both Adams and Angel wrestling and saw Angel have a great match against Tony Stewart, back when British Wrestling was in very rough shape and good matches were few and far between. 

• Awards Moderator

Despite winning a Rumble and a title in his memory, Rey hadn't visited Eddie Guerrero's grave before this week. 

Then you read the comments under it (wrestling royalty there) and it turns out Chavo hasn't been there either. 

I don't mind or care personally, I'm just very surprised they haven't. 

Edited by Onyx2

I think Rey has answered why he hasnt visited Eddies grave in his post. He mentions that the memories of that day flooded back to him but he felt Eddies presence and could cope & regain his composure. I'd imagine Chavo feels the same way and perhaps even more so since he found his uncle & did CPR. They also likely still find it tough that Eddie passed  because he was only 38 too.