The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread

EdgarTheSlouch

Is that the Boston Blackie Bulldog?

I know Pitbull Anthony Durante did tour Europe as Mad Bull Buster, but I highly doubt he was here at this time given his role in ECW.

Is the guy with the mask at the back and a pink and black striped singlet supposed to be Mankind?

• Paid Members
51 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Is Sean Waltman the only man to have 2 rip off UK wrestlers in 2 different eras? 123 Boy and Sex Pac?

Great shout. I was trying to think if undertaker had 2 (old school & ministry) but I don’t think the ministry one I’ve seen was on the UK scene actually.

The British Bulldog looks good, until you zoom in to his face and realise he’s Armenian.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, returner82 said:

Is that the Boston Blackie Bulldog?

I remember going to a show in Llandudno where the Boston Blackie was playing a Rock knock-off complete with "Do you smell what the Rock is cooking?" in what sounded like a broad scouse accent.

Edited by garynysmon

3 hours ago, garynysmon said:

I remember going to a show in Llandudno where the Boston Blackie was playing a Rock knock-off complete with "Do you smell what the Rock is cooking?" in what sounded like a broad scouse accent.

Rock Steadfast? Still can't work out what Steadfast refers to, sounds like a mix of a ripoff of the Rock and Brock Lesnar via predictive text.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, returner82 said:

Rock Steadfast? Still can't work out what Steadfast refers to, sounds like a mix of a ripoff of the Rock and Brock Lesnar via predictive text.

I can't really remember. I recall an X-Pac, Tori, Matt Hardy and Mankind rip-off, I must have been 15-16 at the time so thought the whole thing was hilarious with poor Orig Williams commentating over the speakers. 

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

I can't really remember. I recall an X-Pac, Tori, Matt Hardy and Mankind rip-off, I must have been 15-16 at the time so thought the whole thing was hilarious with poor Orig Williams commentating over the speakers. 

I've still got some shows (2 singles and a tag....every. Single. Show. ) I filmed for Orig back in about 98/99 with him doing live commentary. Always loved him randomly shouting 'kayfabe' into the mic to end the match. Pretty sure it's Blackie as the Rock and someone else doing a Goldust ripoff but he had to be called Goldfinger ( despite having Goldust written on his back in massive letters) because Orig had recently got a cease and desist letter from WWE for using the characters and the old WCW ring aprons. 

Edited by chokeout

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, chokeout said:

I've still got some shows (2 singles and a tag....every. Single. Show. ) I filmed for Orig back in about 98/99 with him doing live commentary. Always loved him randomly shouting 'kayfabe' into the mic to end the match. Pretty sure it's Blackie as the Rock and someone else doing a Goldust ripoff but he had to be called Goldfinger ( despite having Holdust written on his back in massive letters) because Orig had recently got a cease and desist letter from WWE for using the characters and the old WCW ring aprons. 

I loved those ring aprons, they outlived WCW itself! I'm sure he also had a Kane ripoff, The Big Red Machine.

Orig was the only promoter who held shows in north Wales until Welsh Wrestling came along so I went to countless shows over the years, including the famous Reslo tapings.

Edited by garynysmon

• Awards Moderator
12 hours ago, garynysmon said:

You know you’re dedicated to the tribute scene when your show has a Tori tribute. Tori!

Is it fair to say that Giant Haystacks was a Haystacks Calhoun "tribute"? There's a long history of the UK grappling scene aping the US. There was a UK version of the Road Warriors in the 80s that was Skull Murphy and someone else I forget. And countless guys adopting the names of American wrestlers, the most notable of course being Steve Regal.