Jump to content

The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread


EdgarTheSlouch

Recommended Posts

Posted

Is that the Boston Blackie Bulldog?

 

I know Pitbull Anthony Durante did tour Europe as Mad Bull Buster, but I highly doubt he was here at this time given his role in ECW.

 

Is the guy with the mask at the back and a pink and black striped singlet supposed to be Mankind?

  • Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Posted

I’m assuming he’s ‘The Ultimate Chippendale’ so a cross between the Warrior and given his attire early 90’s Scott Steiner?

  • Paid Members
Posted
51 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Is Sean Waltman the only man to have 2 rip off UK wrestlers in 2 different eras? 123 Boy and Sex Pac?

Great shout. I was trying to think if undertaker had 2 (old school & ministry) but I don’t think the ministry one I’ve seen was on the UK scene actually.

The British Bulldog looks good, until you zoom in to his face and realise he’s Armenian.

  • Paid Members
Posted
5 hours ago, returner82 said:

Is that the Boston Blackie Bulldog?

I remember going to a show in Llandudno where the Boston Blackie was playing a Rock knock-off complete with "Do you smell what the Rock is cooking?" in what sounded like a broad scouse accent.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Just spent about 3 minutes laughing while saying 'Do you smell what The Rock is cooking' in various accents. Yorkshire was by far my favourite, followed by my very bad black country accent.

Posted
3 hours ago, garynysmon said:

I remember going to a show in Llandudno where the Boston Blackie was playing a Rock knock-off complete with "Do you smell what the Rock is cooking?" in what sounded like a broad scouse accent.

Rock Steadfast? Still can't work out what Steadfast refers to, sounds like a mix of a ripoff of the Rock and Brock Lesnar via predictive text.

  • Paid Members
Posted
9 minutes ago, returner82 said:

Rock Steadfast? Still can't work out what Steadfast refers to, sounds like a mix of a ripoff of the Rock and Brock Lesnar via predictive text.

I can't really remember. I recall an X-Pac, Tori, Matt Hardy and Mankind rip-off, I must have been 15-16 at the time so thought the whole thing was hilarious with poor Orig Williams commentating over the speakers. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
24 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

I can't really remember. I recall an X-Pac, Tori, Matt Hardy and Mankind rip-off, I must have been 15-16 at the time so thought the whole thing was hilarious with poor Orig Williams commentating over the speakers. 

I've still got some shows (2 singles and a tag....every. Single. Show. ) I filmed for Orig back in about 98/99 with him doing live commentary. Always loved him randomly shouting 'kayfabe' into the mic to end the match. Pretty sure it's Blackie as the Rock and someone else doing a Goldust ripoff but he had to be called Goldfinger ( despite having Goldust written on his back in massive letters) because Orig had recently got a cease and desist letter from WWE for using the characters and the old WCW ring aprons. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
3 minutes ago, chokeout said:

I've still got some shows (2 singles and a tag....every. Single. Show. ) I filmed for Orig back in about 98/99 with him doing live commentary. Always loved him randomly shouting 'kayfabe' into the mic to end the match. Pretty sure it's Blackie as the Rock and someone else doing a Goldust ripoff but he had to be called Goldfinger ( despite having Holdust written on his back in massive letters) because Orig had recently got a cease and desist letter from WWE for using the characters and the old WCW ring aprons. 

I loved those ring aprons, they outlived WCW itself! I'm sure he also had a Kane ripoff, The Big Red Machine.

Orig was the only promoter who held shows in north Wales until Welsh Wrestling came along so I went to countless shows over the years, including the famous Reslo tapings.

  • Awards Moderator
Posted
12 hours ago, garynysmon said:

I can't really remember. I recall an X-Pac, Tori, Matt Hardy and Mankind rip-off, I must have been 15-16 at the time so thought the whole thing was hilarious with poor Orig Williams commentating over the speakers. 

You know you’re dedicated to the tribute scene when your show has a Tori tribute. Tori!

Posted

Is it fair to say that Giant Haystacks was a Haystacks Calhoun "tribute"? There's a long history of the UK grappling scene aping the US. There was a UK version of the Road Warriors in the 80s that was Skull Murphy and someone else I forget. And countless guys adopting the names of American wrestlers, the most notable of course being Steve Regal.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...