Jump to content

The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread


EdgarTheSlouch

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

Bret wearing the green is something to do with the filming process rather than for aesthetics. Certainly motion capturing him in his jacket the green makes sure his tights dont get intermingled with his jacket and they recolour it slightly different to the black of his jacket. The green top does not appear in the game.

  • Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Posted

Some good stuff there. I'd be lying if I said I remembered that the Blu twins had a logo for the video wall. A lot of those were used as the logos in the sticker albums too, although that particular Bret logo has escaped my memory in comparison to his original "wavey" one, and his crosshairs design.

 

 

Thread needs more chico.

 

ram0n1032.png

Posted

I love those old logos.Me and my friends would always joke that the sticker books had these logos that we never saw elsewhere. I'm surprised they haven't been bought back for the Kid-ittude era

  • Paid Members
Posted

Me and my friends would always joke that the sticker books had these logos that we never saw elsewhere. I'm surprised they haven't been bought back for the Kid-ittude era

They do still exist - check out the loading screens for the video games, they've all got them.Also, didn't they use those logos for the entrance way video wall back in the day?
  • Awards Moderator
Posted

Those logos are fantastic, likewise I remember them from the sticker albums - everyone in the Attitude Era sticker albums had their own logo as well. Do they do them for all of today's lot, or is it just the big names like Cena, Undertaker, Triple H and so on who have them now?

Posted
Those logos are fantastic, likewise I remember them from the sticker albums - everyone in the Attitude Era sticker albums had their own logo as well. Do they do them for all of today's lot, or is it just the big names like Cena, Undertaker, Triple H and so on who have them now?

 

They still do the sticker books once or twice a year but I don't know if they even have shineys in anymore.

 

Ronnie - shineys or shinies?

  • Paid Members
Posted
Ronnie - shineys or shinies?

Up to you, I'd say. It's not exactly a word with an established history ;)

 

I think it's historically the case with -ey to create a plural by adding -s. It's certainly true for valley, monkey, donkey, attorney and anything else I can think of. With newer words I think a lot of us apply the approach 'y becomes ie' (cries, flies, allies) without twigging that the rule doesn't apply if there's an 'e' before the 'y' and so we end up with bogeys/bogies, smileys/smilies and shineys/shinies. Visually I prefer the newer forms.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...