Paid Members bAzTNM#1 Posted November 17, 2012 Paid Members Posted November 17, 2012 Always looks weird this one. Is the one on the right Barry "Smash" Darsow? Looks like he's got a weird, deformed jaw. ADDED: Bad News Brown was originally on Ted DiBiase's team at Survivor Series 1990. He was replaced by the Undertaker.. Here is where I got that picture from..
libertine Posted November 17, 2012 Posted November 17, 2012 Always looks weird this one. Is the one on the right Barry "Smash" Darsow? Looks like he's got a weird, deformed jaw. Is it not Randy Culley, doesnt look like Darsow
Paid Members PunkStep Posted November 17, 2012 Paid Members Posted November 17, 2012 So that means Bad News Brown fucked up his team's plans three years running. What a bastard.
Paid Members Arch Stanton Posted November 17, 2012 Paid Members Posted November 17, 2012 I'm loving those fanny packs.
Paid Members air_raid Posted November 17, 2012 Paid Members Posted November 17, 2012 OK, so these aren't really photos, but I thought they were quirky and interesting. On another forum they are doing a fantasy rebook of 1993 WWF, and one of the lads has knocked up some posters for the rebooked PPVs. I think they're pretty cool and spark the imagination somewhat. (Bam Bam is on the KOTR poster as he was Hitmans challenger)
Reznor Posted November 18, 2012 Posted November 18, 2012 OK, so these aren't really photos, but I thought they were quirky and interesting. On another forum they are doing a fantasy rebook of 1993 WWF, and one of the lads has knocked up some posters for the rebooked PPVs. I think they're pretty cool and spark the imagination somewhat. (Bam Bam is on the KOTR poster as he was Hitmans challenger) The kind of sad shit i'd probably enjoy A rebook of KOTR must be one of the least time consuming tasks around though. What else could you have done other than insignificant undercard stuff like, for example, switching Duggan for Jannetty, and cutting Tatanka/Lex by half..? No pics to add, but this thread is ace
Paid Members PunkStep Posted November 18, 2012 Paid Members Posted November 18, 2012 Bloody hell, those posters are interesting. They clearly had Bret all set to steamroll the entire world until Yoko came along by the looks of things. Him VS Savage on PPV at the time would've been a treat.
Paid Members air_raid Posted November 18, 2012 Paid Members Posted November 18, 2012 They clearly had Bret all set to steamroll the entire world until Yoko came along by the looks of things. On the contrary, Yoko had the slowest of slow builds, going over Boss Man at the Rumble, Duggan at King of the Ring and I forget the rest. Hitman kept the belt through to SummerSlam where he got beat by Luger, who dropped the title to Undertaker at WMX. Yoko still wasn't main event by WMX.
Reznor Posted November 18, 2012 Posted November 18, 2012 I wish we got a bit longer out of the Narcissist, and I would've liked some focus on that feud post-WM9... but to hell with missing out on the Doink/Lawler match to get it. Even if they did hold onto Flair for another couple of months to see out Wrestlemania, I don't think Flair/Hitman would've cut it as a main event on that stage. The only match featuring Flair that could have would've been against Hogan. If Yoko was already champ and Hogan was challenging though, Flair/Hitman loser leaves town would've been great second-from-top* Hitman/Savage would've been something else. Got a link to the thread, air-raid? I fkng love 1993 WWF. Probably my 2nd fave year ever. Doesn't stop me pondering what I would've done differently though *EDIT: then again, that would've done us out of Perfect/Flair so fck that also
Paid Members WWFChilli Posted November 19, 2012 Paid Members Posted November 19, 2012 Always looks weird this one. Is the one on the right Barry "Smash" Darsow? Looks like he's got a weird, deformed jaw. ADDED: Bad News Brown was originally on Ted DiBiase's team at Survivor Series 1990. He was replaced by the Undertaker.. Here is where I got that picture from.. Yeah the Darsow picture is him. The original Smash had hair similar to Ax. In addition to that Bad News Survivors photo, Rick Rude is also penned in the Natural Disasters team. I also read on another forum that the photos were more than likely taken around Summerslam 1990.
Paid Members gmoney Posted November 19, 2012 Paid Members Posted November 19, 2012 Nah, that's Randy Colley, not Barry Darsow.
Paid Members WWFChilli Posted November 19, 2012 Paid Members Posted November 19, 2012 Nah, that's Randy Colley, not Barry Darsow. Nah this is Demolition Moondog. The difference isn't much but the pic in Edgar's post is Barry Darsow. I think the shaven head is a result of Darsow not long coming off his Krusher Krushev run in JCP. Randy Colley was in the Demolition Smash for maybe one or two tapings in January. Darsow also looks a hell of a lot different because as the Smash gimmick developed a bit, he got a regular face paint design and by late 1988 had lost a lot of weight. He was in decent shape for when the Demo's went face. Here is actually one of Darsow's first matches as Smash. The facepaint matches that in the publicity still.
Paid Members air_raid Posted November 19, 2012 Paid Members Posted November 19, 2012 Got a link to the thread, air-raid? I fkng love 1993 WWF. Probably my 2nd fave year ever. Doesn't stop me pondering what I would've done differently though Here - http://wfigs.proboards.com/index.cgi?board...9226&page=1
Paid Members gmoney Posted November 19, 2012 Paid Members Posted November 19, 2012 Nah, that's Randy Colley, not Barry Darsow. Nah this is Demolition Moondog. The difference isn't much but the pic in Edgar's post is Barry Darsow. I think the shaven head is a result of Darsow not long coming off his Krusher Krushev run in JCP. Randy Colley was in the Demolition Smash for maybe one or two tapings in January. Darsow also looks a hell of a lot different because as the Smash gimmick developed a bit, he got a regular face paint design and by late 1988 had lost a lot of weight. He was in decent shape for when the Demo's went face. I'm not saying I'm definitely right, but Colley has the same shape head as the above.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.