The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread

EdgarTheSlouch

• Paid Members

Aye, he does indeed. I'm just steering to it being Darsow because of the clip and Colley having that weird triangle on his forehead facepaint. Glad he buggered off though, Demolition might not have made it have Colley stuck in the role. I actually wonder why he was replaced, it's always said he had a hand in the creation of the gimmick with Bill Eadie.

It's funny that Darsow looks a lot like that pic of old now in 2012, when he's doing fat Smash on the indies.

Edited by Chilli_Mondeo

• Paid Members

I'm with Chilli, though I too originally thought the first image was Culley until seeing some of the other photos that you've posted.

In this image that Chilli posted Smash has a horizontal hairline:

moondog_demolition.jpg

So too in several other photos of Culley as Smash:

03.jpg

04.jpg

Krusher Kruschev had a pronounced widow's peak:

yb2fDKEavzMhmBd.jpg

As does the Smash in the original photo:

Demolition_Shoot.jpg

I think Chilli's got it right.

• Paid Members

Many occasions the tongue would be under the bottom lip. He was very lazy on the facial mannerism front.

And the black and white photo is definitely Baz.

Here's another of short haired Smash.

0.jpgA3A.jpg

And here's Smash's debut. Its the same guy:

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Moderators

I've seen loads of tweets and stuff about Twinkies as of late. Have they stopped making them, and if so why? And are/were they even nice? They looked a bit plain to me. Could have done with a touch of jam in them as well.

I've seen loads of tweets and stuff about Twinkies as of late. Have they stopped making them, and if so why? And are/were they even nice? They looked a bit plain to me. Could have done with a touch of jam in them as well.

Most overrated snack ever. Aside from imagining you're the fat cop from Die Hard, they really did nothing for me.

Edited by Loligan

• Paid Members

I've never had one. I imagine them to be a bit like a mini-swiss roll but tasting even more artificial and, as noted, lacking jam.

The company that makes them, Hostess, have been on the verge of bankruptcy since the end of last year and were trying to push through a change to employee contracts to lower pay and health benefits; the unions tried to block it and a load of people went of strike. The company said that with production halted, they couldn't afford to keep the company running so ceased operation and laid everyone off.

They're selling off all assets, including brand names and production facilities so I doubt it'll be long before someone else starts making them.

I've never had one. I imagine them to be a bit like a mini-swiss roll but tasting even more artificial and, as noted, lacking jam.

Spot on for me. Bought one from an American sweet stand at Memorabillia in the NEC and it was very underwhelming considering it was something I heard mentioned a lot when people talk about American sweets etc.

• Paid Members

I love stuff like that photo of Otunga complete with shit-eating grin. Anything where the wrestlers are acting wacky and just being themselves gets big marks from me.