TNA Bound For Glory 2012 Offical Discussion Thread (THIS SUNDAY)

wrestlingmad

• Paid Members

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

OK, so that was a good show, if a bit weird in terms of the reactions.

Colour me massively wrong, with Bully Ray actually turning full-blown face, and the only unmasking being Devon. Surprised Bischoff didn't make an appearance. I suppose they'll be going for a series of unmaskings over the next few weeks.

Women's match was OK - I like the "damp squib" aspect of Tara's boyfriend reveal, makes her heel turn a bit better.

Snow/Ryan was a bit of fun, and I'm glad to see Ryan set to be a regular. He's not brilliant, but he's entertaining, and I think he could be a welcome addition to what is otherwise a sparse X-Division.

Unfortunately, I found a stream too late, so missed most of Magnus/Joe and RVD/Ion, so can't really comment.

A&8s vs. Sting/Bully - good match, and I loved that Joseph Park finally broke free and started fighting. Don't know where that bit will lead, though. Loved Bully coming out in old-school Sting paint, and just how over was he? I still think it would've been a better idea to have him turn on Sting, but this way isn't too bad - at least we got Devon back. It'll be interesting to see him as the heel and Bully as the face, I suppose.

Only thing I didn't like about the Devon reveal was the commentators making out how betrayed Bully must feel about his former partner costing him the match - fuck's sake, don't they remember the entire bloody reason they split in the first place? Why would Bully feel betrayed when he and Devon had a big fuck-off feud and have hated each other since?

Roode/Storm was really good, I thought. Proper heated and intense, both guys looked like proper stars. Have to agree with Ian now - seems Mo's pretty useless. Got a bit of screen time and barely did anything with it to get himself over. When Roode shoved the ref, Mo should've got all angry and up in his face, instead of just looking dumb and giving him a weak-looking push. That's an MMA fighter? He's better at doing it for real than pretending to, then.

The tag match was great, but then you'd expect this. Fast-paced and madcap. Think it's good they put it on Guernandez, as I think those two really need them more than AJ and Kurt. WTTCOTW have done well, but this needed a payoff. They'll probably get the belts back in the next few months, though.

Title match - how weird were those reactions? Must have been a really smarky crowd. They pretty much turned Aries back face. Fair play to Hardy for trying to work it heel early on in the match. A shame they couldn't change plans on the basis of the reactions, because I think it would've been a better ending had Aries retained. Still, Hardy's credible, and I daresay the re-match will be excellent as well.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

You can't be to disappointed with a show which had Roode vs Storm, the three way tag match and Hardy vs Aries. Those three were excellent. The main event was brilliant, and could have been a classic if they'd have had any kind of build going into it. Its a shame for Roode and Storm to be lumbered in the third match, because they deserved much more than that. Someone in chat compared it to Batista and Undertaker, because they worked super hard. Probably to show the people in charge how good they were, in case anyone forgot.

We still have a bunch of bikers. And they still have masks on. Except Devon of course. No wonder they didn't want Hogan in the match. He beat the fuck out of all of them and then unmasked Devon. If you didn't already know, this Aces and Eights crap is dragging TNA down so much. I'm shocked anyone can defend this, because its the same thing all the time. Every week for three months, they do this Black Scorpion act and nothing ever progresses. And nothing has here really. A wrestling show is about characters you want to invest in. Not a bunch of masked men who nobody has a clue about.

The show was the best and worst of TNA. They had a bunch of wrestlers who are super over and who deliver the goods (Aries, Hardy, Angle, AJ, Daniels, Kaz, Storm and Roode and those types) and a bunch of people you really could do without, but are forced upon you for some reason (The Aces and Eights, Chavo and Hernandez, Al Snow and that Jesse bloke). Good PPV, but some of the fuckers on it didn't deserve to share the same ring as Storm and Roode.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I didn't like that severely under-whelming lack of revelation. Devon revealed as one of them (I don't think he was revealed as the Pres or the VP) would've good if they'd revealed anyone else, but it's not enough in itself. I really thought they were going to unmask Brisco, Knox and Gallows in addition at least. Also expected that they'd possibly unmask Garett Bischoff too.

Very disappointing work in that regard. It's not unsalvageable, but they're going to have to put out some incredibly good work to get back that momentum they once had.

Taken from the official impactwrestling results:

But the action was far from over: Hulk Hogan emerged a man possessed, fighting off gangsters left and right in a last-ditch effort to take control of the IMPACT Zone. In the evening

Devon? Seriously, that's all that was revealed at their biggest PPV of the year? FFS what a bunch of shit this whole angle has become. Started off as the hottest angle in wrestling at the time for me, dragged on a bit long but I thought we would get a huge leap forward in storyline terms at BFG so I was prepared to wait it out. But fucking Devon? That is such a let down it actually makes me angry.

Really not interested in it now at all. Not even gonna bother watching BFG.

• Paid Members

I have no problem with Devon as a member of the Aces and Eights (which he is, and isn't the leader), and I'm glad he's back, because he can work and is a great part of the roster. But he should never have been unveiled on a show they built up this big. Imagine the mask had came off last Thursday? And the last image you saw on the go home show was Devon unmasked. That would have been a great hook to make you buy the PPV. A member of the Aces and Eights being unmasked on the go home show and its Sting's partners brother? But, no. Shame.

I just hope they start wiping the masks of these twats soon enough, because Impact has taken a massive dip in quality since these start doing their cartoon violence.

• Paid Members

The cartoon violence isn't the issue (personally, I've enjoyed the cheese Hogan has brought to this), it's the weeks of doing the same thing with little progression and the shit pay offs. Anything will lose steam if it's weeks of promises but nowt of real note happens. They've been doing this for months and the big pay off is Devon (who I like, but it's bloody Devon) is one of them and we now get more of this because they have permission to shit in Hogan's bog.

Enjoyable show though. I agree Roode and Storm worked like two men trying to prove a point, it felt like a match from the late 90s, which are always nice to see now and again. I wonder what they do with both men now? Roode has a ready made feud with Hardy, once Aries is done with him, but Storm doesn't seem to have much else to do. I can see him getting lumped in to this Aces & Eights stuff, which is a bit of a waste.

Despite the rubbish build and result, Aries came out the main event looking like a bigger star. Aries always does well in front of proper crowds, but I don't think anybody expected him to have most of the fans cheering him. Really like Hardy's new music, the fella always has a good entrance music. Be interesting to see what Hardy does now, what with WWE wanting him back.

The tag match started slow, but once Kurt Angle came out and started suplexing everybody, the place went mental. The finish was the worst one for the building, mind. The highlight was not the match but the WTTCOTW coming out wearing Taz's colours, a clearly effected Taz then had a domestic with goading Tenay.

Three matches were excellent and the rest were decent enough.

Good show. Enjoyed it. Aces and eights a bit of a damp squib eh?

Was your lass there Tommy? I'm sure I saw her.

Yep next to where someone was handcuffed.

Archived