TNA Bound For Glory 2012 Offical Discussion Thread (THIS SUNDAY)

wrestlingmad

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

After Impact, it's definitely Aries/Hardy. Since Hogan isn't wrestling, it's probably the best choice too, given Hardy is usually their most over face on the show, not named Hogan. Everything point to Aces & Eights going over too, so Hardy winning gives them that 'feel good' crap that we fans love.Thankfully they've given Ion a proper wrestler to have a match with. Be interesting to see what RVD turns up though.

I think (could be wrong) there is a poll somewhere to pick the pre-show match from the 8 on the card. Thats how I understand it. If so, probably Al Snow against Joey Ryan or the RVD match.

Sadly, even though they did originally say there was going to be a preshow match from Phoenix, they will now show a match from a 2012 PPV on the preshow instead. The fans get to pick which one, with the choices being Roode/Storm from Lockdown, Aries/Roode from Destination X and Bully/Hardy from No Surrender. You can vote here.

I had a very random thought the other day that the leader of Aces and 8 (or at least one of the key members) could be Dvon. Does anyone have any other "out of the left field" guesses? We're all talking like it *is* going to be Bully and we haven't really spent any time throwing around any random ideas.

• Paid Members

I had a very random thought the other day that the leader of Aces and 8 (or at least one of the key members) could be Dvon. Does anyone have any other "out of the left field" guesses? We're all talking like it *is* going to be Bully and we haven't really spent any time throwing around any random ideas.

I don't think anyone thinks Bully's the leader, just that he's a plant to help them win. Personally, it seems obvious Bischoff's the leader, and the VP is D'Lo. I don't know just how much TNA are into working the internet, but I doubt Devon's involved - if he was, they'd have made a much bigger deal of his departure.

• Paid Members

I dont think Devon is going to be the leader, but I imagine he's one of them. They talk about him way to much for him to be actually gone. The Dudleys might reunite tomorrow. I remember a few months back when Hogan got attacked, Devon and Garrett came in and asked Hogan if he needed any help, they'd be there and in the following segment Hogan was on the floor. People at the time were saying "maybe Devon is involved", but it seemed out of the question. Now it doesn't. What with D'Lo Brown (who is one of them) getting a bollocking the other week for letting Matt Morgan in the building (who is rumoured to be one of them), maybe its a mix of people TNA have gotten rid of in storyline (Morgan, Bischoff and Devon), a bunch of people who haven't been hired (Luke Gallows, Mike Knox and that lot) and people on the inside (Bully, Garrett and D'Lo), hence the whole "anyone could be one of us" stuff.Could be well off the mark there, but that seems to be wear its going. I hope Bully is one of them. It sort of guarantees interest when Bully is involved because he can take any storyline and make it interesting. I've no idea how he does it. This storyline definitely needs someone like him.Still, though, who out of that lot who could you really put in the ring with Sting and Bully? Anyone of them is going to be met with a groan surely. When the masks come off, Mike Knox and D'Lo aren't going to have babies being thrown in the air.

Personally, it seems obvious Bischoff's the leader

Very obvious.

Very obvious.
Too obvious perhaps...In regard to a cloaked Eric Bischoff appearing as the mouthpiece of Aces & Eights on Impact a few weeks ago, it appears that was something done to keep people guessing as opposed to a clue that he's behind the gang, so to speak. - PWinsider.comMight be bollocks, who knows?It was obviously The Bisch, but they can't be that blatant can they? It really should be Nash, he's the closest thing in wrestling to SOA Ron Pearlman.

• Paid Members

Wow, that's pretty cool.

What I love about the video is whoever did it still feels the need to give us clues as to how it might be Bischoff. "If you'll notice, he pauses and takes dramatically like Bischoff would". Its his fucking voice! We dont need any clues. It should have been "if you notice he's got the same voice as Bischoff".

I don't think anyone thinks Bully's the leader, just that he's a plant to help them win. Personally, it seems obvious Bischoff's the leader, and the VP is D'Lo. I don't know just how much TNA are into working the internet, but I doubt Devon's involved - if he was, they'd have made a much bigger deal of his departure.
You say that, but there has been the occasional mention of him and the official website & newz sites regularly covered the whole Hogan / TNA management / Devon / TV title Debacle.Besides why must they be going on about him all the time? It's classic tv shock tactic, like when Jack Bauer ex-mistress turns up out of the blue on midway season 2 or 3 on 24. Most of te audience will know who it is and the rest will be educated by the commentators.Plus how fucking cool will it be if Bully pulls off one guys mask and it's fucking Devon?! He's has a awesome reason to be in Aces and 8s; the company fucking fired hm whilst he was champion, and the fact he gets to fuck with Bully makes it all the sweeter.In my mind the obvious and safe route is for Jeff Hardy to win he belt, and have Bully Ray turn on TNA, join Aces and 8 and fued for the world belt. But a less obvious route might be for Austin Aries to win, and make Bully Ray a anti hero of sorts against Aces and 8s. Either way, I hope Tna deliver a few curve balls come BFG.

• Paid Members

Yeah. They never shut up about Devon on the show. They even did the "Get the Tables" spot the other day. TNA has taken a hammering from the sheets and the internet for putting over a wrestler who no longer works there. Seems an obvious set up for his eventual return. Other than a Owen Hart type tribute show, I have no idea how much more of a big deal you could make about Devons exit.On the Bischoff thing, plans change after all. If Hogan is to be believed (and thats a big if), he said they were going to unmask them weeks ago but saved it for the PPV because it was a big deal. Maybe they have someone big lined up and changed course with this angle.Or maybe it'll be Shane Douglas and Raven.

• Paid Members

I dont think Devon is going to be the leader, but I imagine he's one of them. They talk about him way to much for him to be actually gone. The Dudleys might reunite tomorrow. I remember a few months back when Hogan got attacked, Devon and Garrett came in and asked Hogan if he needed any help, they'd be there and in the following segment Hogan was on the floor. People at the time were saying "maybe Devon is involved", but it seemed out of the question. Now it doesn't. What with D'Lo Brown (who is one of them) getting a bollocking the other week for letting Matt Morgan in the building (who is rumoured to be one of them), maybe its a mix of people TNA have gotten rid of in storyline (Morgan, Bischoff and Devon), a bunch of people who haven't been hired (Luke Gallows, Mike Knox and that lot) and people on the inside (Bully, Garrett and D'Lo), hence the whole "anyone could be one of us" stuff.Could be well off the mark there, but that seems to be wear its going. I hope Bully is one of them. It sort of guarantees interest when Bully is involved because he can take any storyline and make it interesting. I've no idea how he does it. This storyline definitely needs someone like him.Still, though, who out of that lot who could you really put in the ring with Sting and Bully? Anyone of them is going to be met with a groan surely. When the masks come off, Mike Knox and D'Lo aren't going to have babies being thrown in the air.

Very obvious.
I think in so many ways it is a good angle as it has people talking and tuning in. Knox and Gallows can go . looking forward to BFG

Archived