TNA Bound For Glory 2012 Offical Discussion Thread (THIS SUNDAY)

wrestlingmad

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Not seen Impact yet but the impression I got of the Aces and 8s angle from BFG was that it is a group of disgruntled, wronged and ex-employees and that like others have presumed and that D Lo was the agent in on it and behind the mask, but Devon was a bait and switch at BFG and had been recruited since his contract wasn't renewed and that Joey Ryan and Matt Morgan will be aligned with them too. All seems to fit quite nicely.

The good thing to have come from this interminable feud is that Kaz has emerged as a decent character. I'll say it again, his selling of Angle's suplexes this year has been my highlight of the year.

Long may the Kaz/Daniels team continue.

I still think hes behind where he should be. His breakout moment was when he was leading team TNA (I'll be honest I forget when this was and can't be arsed to look it up). For the couple of months up to that it looked like they were going to get behind him and have him step up to main events, then they wrote him off TV for the Suicide gimmick, he got injured, Suicide bombed when he came back because everyone knew it was Daniels then Kazarian and both were hot at the time and people wanted to see them move up rather than start from scratch and ever since he's just been a bit player.

• Paid Members

I dont think you can judge Impact with normal logic at the moment. Nothing seems to ever happen with this Aces and Eights thing. Its is completely daft. Even when something happens (unmasking one of them and gaining access to the building), nothing really changes. They are still in masks and still coming through the crowd doing run ins. There's now a president with Bischoff's voice, a vice president who is D'Lo Brown in a mask and Devon Dudley as the Sgt At Arms. And backing them you have Luke Gallows, Mike Knox, Wes Brisco and Jay Bradley. You look at the names and wonder who could have thought that was a good idea. No offense to D'Lo because I do love him, but how shit must you be to be outranked by D'Lo in 2012?

I remember when Immortal got together and the general thought was it was shite, but it had Hardy, Hogan, Flair, Jarrett and a load of other names in it, so at least they brought a big time feel to it. Back in the day, TNA's big problem was that they had a large heel stable full of star names like the Main Event Mafia and they were feuding with complete zeros on the babyface side. Now its the opposite. You have a strong face unit and a bunch of clowns in masks who aren't over led by Devon. And the babyfaces always end up getting a good kicking, so nobody looks good.

Other than the names involved, the angles reminds me so much of WCW when they hadn't a clue what the wrestling fan of the time wanted to see. Hulk Hogan threatening to pull someones eye out and Joseph Park being kidnapped just doesn't fit well in a wrestling show. Anytime wrestling tries to go all Goodfellas, it never works. It zaps any emotional attachment you have out of it because its so shit. First few appearances of the Aces and Eights had great potential. But as the weeks (and fucking MONTHS) went on it's killed Impact. Whatever momentum TNA had in May and June has completely died. Mostly because of this storyline taking up most of the show.

Stop spoiling Impact you bastards, it's not been on tv yet!

Finally got through watching the PPV, and I thought it was good, all told. Sting and Bully were great, Hogan cleaning house was a laugh. The tag team match was brilliant, a ever with that lot. Roode v Storm was hardcore, but ruined by King Mo. How can you have a special inforcer in a no-DQ streetlight? What rules is he enforcing exactly? They need to let that feud go now and move on.

The main event was belting though, an absolute scorcher. Despite the relatively laclustre build up, once they got to the PPV the heat between them was crackling. The match came across as really bad tempered, and they tore into each other with some properly violent shit. Best Hardy match in TNA, in my opinion. Decent length too, and they were clever enough to go with the crowd and switch roles for the actual match, with Hardy being more heelish.

Where does it all go from here? Hardy v Roode I guess. We've had that fairly recently, but I'll go with that.

Oh, yeah, and who looked the most like a superstar all night? Bobby Roode. He has that indefinable quality, he looked larger than life. The boy can do no wrong at the moment.

Dixie carters making an announcement on impact tonight about the max impact tour next january.any ideas what it could be?

Manchester event is being recorded for TV.

So a whole month of IMPACT will be recorded from the UK. Not entirely sure how that will work for Wembley, due to the fact IMPACTS show on a Sunday by the time the show happens the fans will be 3 shows behind.

Archived