TNA Bound For Glory 2012 Offical Discussion Thread (THIS SUNDAY)

wrestlingmad

• Paid Members
In the storyline, despite having a solid win / loss record and being the TV champion, TNA (not Hogan... TNA) didn't think twice about firing him. He lost his job, he lost his big chance at single stardom and he lost his championship. To make matters worse they retain the employment of his dick of a brother who betrayed him.

Except they didn't fire him his contract "ran out" and yes whilst it was tna... Not hogan doing the negotiations you still saw hogan all over twitter gushing about d-von how great he was for morale, a team player, a great wrestler, a nice guy etc and how he was hopeful d-von would come back. He even put him over on tv when announcing the tournament for t tv title iirc.

Hogan doing all that is completely at odds with the idea that tna fired him.

Yeah, but storyline-wise, it's easy to explain: just have him come out and say it was all very well Hogan talking him up, but he didn't actually do anything about it, with all the stroke he has.

Hell even d-von was complimentary about tna on twitter as well so nothing hinted towards him being pissed off or let down by tna or hogan did it?

Again, easy: the guy's spent some time under a mask, pulling off underhand shit, so it wouldn't be beyond him to spout a few compliments to make him look like he wasn't pissed off, all the while looking to get revenge.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't think Devon ever left. More than likely signed a new deal around the same time Bully did.

Thats obvious now. But they played it as though Devon didn't want to sign and left.

In the storyline, despite having a solid win / loss record and being the TV champion, TNA (not Hogan... TNA) didn't think twice about firing him. He lost his job, he lost his big chance at single stardom and he lost his championship. To make matters worse they retain the employment of his dick of a brother who betrayed him.

Except they didn't fire him his contract "ran out" and yes whilst it was tna... Not hogan doing the negotiations you still saw hogan all over twitter gushing about d-von how great he was for morale, a team player, a great wrestler, a nice guy etc and how he was hopeful d-von would come back. He even put him over on tv when announcing the tournament for t tv title iirc.

Hogan doing all that is completely at odds with the idea that tna fired him.

Hell even d-von was complimentary about tna on twitter as well so nothing hinted towards him being pissed off or let down by tna or hogan did it?

Boy that is splitting hairs.... Sorry.... "tna let his contract run out, and so dvon is pissed". Personally I don't think the fact Hogan bigging him up would make a blind bit of difference. A man can still be annoyed about being unemployed even if his former colleague is going around saying how lovely he is.

There are always three sides to a story, your side, their side and the truth. Hogan side is that he is ligitimately trying to get Dvon rehired. Dvon side is that he believes tna are cunts and hogan is all talk. I personally think its a Very straight forward storyline tbh.

Full credit to TNA for managing to completely convince fans Devon had left. Gotta love when you dont see things coming. It was a shock to see him again, and I felt it would have been a great reveal...on Impact last week. I still liked it on BFG but you know it was the biggest show and I feel as a fan I needed something huge to keep me going.

On a side note i hope Gunner and Crimson turn up in Aces and Eights. I miss Gunner and Crimson was an entertaining heel, theres no reason why they cant be some midcard muscle. they could maybe say the same sorta things that Devon will say about being ignored etc. Maybe that lad with the blonde hair will be the X-Division competitor. I do hope that the ACes and Eights will give Devon a career extender and fuck if Bully Ray can become one of the top heels, why not Devon as well!

Anyway minus the Aces and Eights disappointment, I thought BFG was utterly fantastic. It was a great PPV and what a roster they have who all stepped up the game and took it to another level. The energy you get from a PPV outside Orlando is awesome. Roode vs Storm was my match of the night, bloody, violent and just awesome. A fantastic way to finish the feud.

The Hardy vs Aries match was class, but boy did the crowd try and ruin it. Aries was a bit of a cunt as a face, telling the crowd to be quiet etc so I dont get why they keep cheering him, he's a pretty good heel and lets hope he stays that way. Hardy has truly turned himself around and Im stoked to see him with the belt again, he's a superstar and they should do all they can to keep him and make him their guy if they can. He prob wont keep the belt for long, theres plenty of challengers.

And I love Joey Ryan, having Morgan as his bodyguard while he goes around being a twat should be some great TV.

Need to sort out the Tag Division, give AJ and Angle back to being singles and let Kaz and Daniels run around for a while, but they need more Teams. Hernandez has been a Tag Team Champion with 4 different partners too.

Yeah Devon's involvement is straight forward but isn't exactly exciting which the live crowd made clear. I would have liked to see the likes of Morgan and Alex Shelley (if he was offered a new contract) along with Devon revealed as it would have made more of an impact to see a group of disgruntled former recognised names revealed but Devon on his own was not the right reveal for the night. I hope Bisch, Jarrett and co are revealed soon.

I enjoyed the pay per view on a whole, a couple of questionable results but overall TNA's second best show of the year behind Slammiversary. Roode vs Storm was fantastic and was a brilliant climax to the year long feud. I think Storm winning was the right result as he would have been a bit fucked if he had lost really, I don't see him going anywhere near the World title but falling short to Roode for a whole year would have left him looking like too much of a loser. I can see Storm mixing it up in the upper mid card from now on. Feuds with Magnus and the like are the right place for him I feel.

Roode was the star of the show though. He looked the business in this match and may be my favourite match of his career. Sure the crowd may have largely been made up of the diehards, but Roode's large face reaction was warranted as the match was one of them proving ground matches where good guy-bad guy antics don't really matter and the big fight spectacle pulled the crowd into rooting for both men. The match could have easily main evented and I hope Roode finds his way into the main event soon as. If Hardy does leave when his contract is up, Roode is the guy for him to drop the belt to.

Aries vs Hardy was a great match. Aries had a point to prove main eventing a pay per view in an arena and he delivered. It was weird to see Hardy being so heavily booed, not really used to it, it's become second nature with Cena obviously but it was quite distracting in this match. The match was memorable and was much better than the past couple of year's BFG main events. I think this match did a lot to put Aries on the map as the man but he will likely fall victim to being on a roster with so many worthy champions. Not that it matters too much whether he is champion or not whether he moves into a good feud. Hopefully we get an Aries-Sting feud as the rivalry as Aries went straight from the x division to Bully Ray, Joe and then Roode without mixing it up with the big guns. After a great outing at BFG, this could be the catalyst for Aries to move into bigger feuds.

Hardy as champ should be decent, not overly excited but he is TNA's biggest star so fair enough. The rest of the ppv was good but it was Roode-Storm and AA-Hardy that will be remembered.

Thought this was really good on the whole, not a massive follower so from an in-ring point it delivered for me but can see there were a few dodgy storyline moments.

Was really enjoying the opener and then it ended, dissapointed to see Ion lose fairly easy as i've been a fan of his from what i've seen. I still enjoy watching RVD, even if it is a little through the motions these days. Joe/Magnus was a really solid match, enjoyable.

Street fight was a classic bloody brawl, had some really good stuff and that bladejob was horrid. A shock to the system having not seen one for ages. Also nice to see the RAMP TO THE RING ~ used a fair bit. Probably my motn. Snow/Ryan was fine for what it was there to do.

Three-way tag was great stuff, but loses a notch for it finishing with crappy Chavo's crappy frogsplash. Shocked they won the belts. The dive sequence was lovely stuff, can't beat a divefest on the big shows.

Aces VS Stingray was quite good but was always going to be measured from a story point of view and it didn't really deliver there, even for me who hasn't totally followed it. Although I'm glad they didn't go down the obvious Bully heel turn, as he can be great as a face despite being a natural heel. Extra points for Hogan flattening Knox and the gang.

Hardy vs Aries was a great match despite me not being massively into either. Although I warmed to Jeff for heeling it up to the super smarks. Made it all the more sweet when the mainstream star came out on top :laugh: Aries is very good at what he does, but he could be a proper top heel if he did what he does and turned on the crowd a bit more instead of playing to them, like how Punk has done. Even he managed to get the majority booing him. Aries needs to slap the taste out of a fans mouth.

• Paid Members
Stingray

That's brilliant. Why the hell didn't that occur to me? They should team up under that name for a while, to beef up the tag division.

Also, I didn't think Chavo's been crappy since he got to TNA, nor did his frogsplash look crappy to me - though it will always lose out to RVD's. One thing I noticed about the tag result was that, despite being booed, Chavo was able to sort of get the crowd back in the post-match interview simply by mentioning Eddy. I know it's cheap, but if it works, why not?

• Paid Members

I felt they shouldn't have been given the belts yet - they hadn't been around that long as a team, and it was clear Kurt and AJ were more over at the time. They could've stood to be challengers for a while.

Considering that Angle & Styles will probably stop teaming soon (as Angle will likely get involved with the Aces & Eights story once "Angle's buddy" Wes Brisco is revealed to be a member of the bikers) Chavo & Hernandez getting the titles makes more sense. They're the only babyface team TNA has right now that will actually be a team for a while, and they have a few heel teams to work with in the months to come (Daniels/Kazarian, Gunner/Kash, The Robbies).

• Paid Members

For me, the biggest niggle of the whole Aces & 8s match was that, at no point whatsoever, did Tazz & Tenay on commentary say anything along the lines of "you know, this might be a little bit bad for TNA if Sting & Bully lose this match". If it were JR, it would have been the end of the company as we know it. But they didn't seem that bothered by the fact that the biker gang who have been terrorising everyone for months even with limited access can now wander the halls and beat up who they like scot-free.

And now that Aces & 8s have "full access", surely the masks are going to come off of their free will, probably tonight? There's no need for them now, they don't need to sneak around. Now is the time for them to show their faces and say "we've been fucking with you because you released/didn't push/didn't sign us, and now it's going to get even worse." Bischoff can now reveal himself with impunity too (he's surely still going to be the leader - although Devon definately made himself sound like he was, I had him pegged for the VP role D'lo's been playing under the mask. Which begs the question, if it wasn't D'lo, what was the point of the Hogan/Sting/Dixie/Road Agents "Even one of us might be a member and be letting them in nudgenudgewinkwink" segment the other week?)

As a side note, if the way I've taken the Aces & 8s motivation as above is correct, surely Matt Morgan must be involved? Otherwise, you've got someone else doing a "I was pissed-off about being released so I'm fucking with the road agents" angle, which is asinine.

This time last year, a stable known as Fortune imploded, launching two year-long blood feuds in which the combatants - two pairs of former best friends - have tried to destroy each other physically and mentally. At Bound for Glory, TNA's biggest PPV of the year, one of those pairs of enemies engaged in a blood-soaked, epic brawl in which the underdog finally triumphed. The other... faced each other in a 3-way tag match where they couldn't really hurt each other physically or emotionally any more than they actually have in the past, and neither walked out a champion. So, does the Styles-Daniels feud roll on into a second year??

Regardless of if it does or not, Daniels & Kaz should take on "Bad Influence" as their team name. Just seemed to fit like a glove as soon as Daniels said it in their promo.

I watched it yesterday, and it didnt really make me feel like it was their biggest show of the year. And especially in that venue. It makes you realise how big the drop-off from WWE to TNA really is at times.

Roode vs. Storm was prob my favorite match, but I think it went on a bit early for something that had been building for the better part of a year, and King Mo really could have been done without. the only thing he contributed was a shove on Roode who turned into the superkick, which frankly Hebner could have done himself.

And while other matches were good, i hate it when people chant 'this is awesome' at something which is very good at best

So, does the Styles-Daniels feud roll on into a second year??

The even fought on Impact in a triple threat including Angle. How many more Styles vs Daniels matches can they possibly do?

Archived