Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

TNT wasn't available on Sky Digital. I remember because when we switched to Sky Digital in early 2000 I managed to convince my family to retain the old analogue subscription solely so I could still see WCW. So TNT was still around but the number of homes being able to access it was drastically reducing as the year went on. Don't know the specifics of the Bravo deal but I would guess that was a key factor.

• Paid Members

I've watched the first episode of Total Bellas and quite a few episodes of Total Divas in the past and the main thing that always sticks out to me is how boring Cena seems outside of wrestling. Humourless, emotionless, charisma-less robot of a man. It's a complete contrast to how he acts in WWE. I know these shows are just as heavily scripted as Raw/SD and he's probably just playing the straight man but Christ he's dull.

You may have seen the wrong episodes then. I've watched the whole run of Total Divas. A lot of the time he's completely ripping the piss out of Nikki (when they're not fighting over whether he's going to marry her or give a her a baby) and it's quite hilarious. He's made me LOL in ways I never thought he would and I would credit this show alone in what turned me from someone who had absolutely no time for him into someone who respects him quite a bit.

John Cena on 'Total Bellas/Divas' is basically 'American Psycho', it's such a contrast to how he is on wwe, he's had some fun moments on it but mostly he's boring, dull and puts careful thought into what he's gonna say like he's afraid to be mis-quoted or say the wrong thing (which is possible I suppose).

Great Cena quote on Bellas taking bout there sex life 'I'm a one armed man and she has no neck'

Ric Flair will end up in the feud between Styles and Cena, probably siding with AJ to prevent Cena tying his 16 World championships.

He has history with AJ, which they'll probably be showing in a few weeks time anyway once they've bought TNA's video library. They've gone on about Cena equalling the record for so long now. And they've got an obsession with throwing Ric on our screens every couple of months anyway. 

Cena will win the title to equal the record in the next three months before losing it back to Styles at the Rumble due to help from Flair. Bryan and Shane will strip the title off AJ because of the underhanded tactics he used, leaving a vacant title going into WrestleMania.

And all this is leading to a Cena/Flair match at WrestleMania to determine who the greatest of all time really is and the first 17 time World champion.

• Paid Members

Outstanding angle from World Championship Wrestling. Big Dust storms the heel dressing room to find Tully Blanchard. Heels pile in to try and break it up, or to take shots at Dusty and then Magnum and the babyfaces steam in and a wild brawl ensues while officials try and pull Dusty off Blanchard. For the time, this must have been incredible. Though if you did it now, with the same level of intensity it'd still be a fantastic angle.

https://youtu.be/SAYFd9eMl1I?t=7380

• Paid Members

TNT wasn't available on Sky Digital. I remember because when we switched to Sky Digital in early 2000 I managed to convince my family to retain the old analogue subscription solely so I could still see WCW. So TNT was still around but the number of homes being able to access it was drastically reducing as the year went on. Don't know the specifics of the Bravo deal but I would guess that was a key factor.

The allure of Sky Digital quickly wore off when I realised WCW wrestling and random episodes of ECW and Smokey Mountain on DSF were a thing of the past (not to mention the softcore German stuff).

• Paid Members

I just seen the photo of Chris Master's in one of the threads in Off-topic. WWE, with how depleted their rosters are from the brand split, couldn't give him an offer appealling enough to get him come back? Madness. Unless he turned down a very, very strong offer, or else they think he won't pass the wellness tests. If it's just a case of WWE giving Masters that $50-60k offer and him laughing at them, then they need looking at.