Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Hasn't he been signed up for the Blade Runner sequel as well? Big Dave is absolutely minted at this stage I'd say. Still think he'll be back, but only when it's a worthwhile gig. I'm sure I remember reading something about him being happy to come back if they have something interesting for him, but he's turning it down flat if it's something meaningless? 

• Paid Members

When Spectre came out they sent big Dave out to promote it on shows such as Soccer AM and The One Show. I've never seen him on a prime time chat show over here yet. He's got a long way to go before he can claim to be the next Arnie. I can't see Batista ever being the main star in a Hollywood Blockbuster.

He doesn't have to be the next Arnie. Schwarzenegger is one of the most successful and famous actors ever - falling short of his level of fame and wealth doesn't necessarily mean failure. Batista's already done really well, and he's probably been wise with his WWE money. He doesn't need WWE, and it doesn't look likely he'll be in trouble enough to need to go begging to them.

Big Dave has a huge role in one of the biggest franchises of all time. He has a number of other options and is probably being looked at for a variety of roles in Hollywood. The notion of him being desperate for anything is complete and utter rubbish. Sure he might not be able to carry a film the way Dwayne can but he has a very strong career outside of WWE.

Whats to say Batista can't go on to be the main star in movies? He's movie career is pretty young at the moment. He's only been in about three films so far. I'm sure when The Rock was in supporting roles in action flicks, no one expected him to go on to become the highest earning movie star in the world. I think it's more likely that his career will go up rather than down.

• Paid Members

As previously said, he's got a couple of marvel movies left and has been pretty well received in his roles thus far. He may want to wrestle again, but he doesn't have to. Good for him.

Whats to say Batista can't go on to be the main star in movies? He's movie career is pretty young at the moment. He's only been in about three films so far. I'm sure when The Rock was in supporting roles in action flicks, no one expected him to go on to become the highest earning movie star in the world. I think it's more likely that his career will go up rather than down.

If you go by his filmography on IMDB, discounting WWE related stuff he has 16 acting credits for either or TV shows, most of which are just bit parts. On the flip side of that he has 6 upcoming projects, again ranging from tiny indie movies to a massive Disney financed franchise were he isn't just a supporting player, he's one of the lead characters.

He doesn't need to whore himself out on the autograph circuit with his Best of Leviathan DVD-Rs with covers printed on an EPSON Stylus.

And he seems to really appreciate what he has and where he is in life, and clearly thats all that matters to him. He doesn't need to resort to doing Shoot Interviews for RF Video to make himself feel better, he can just nip down the bank to do that

It's still mind boggling how close they came to fucking it up. It's always amusing when people on here in the past have claimed that the ending of WM30 was the plan all along, despite Meltzer and the newz~ sites reporting the Sheamus idea then and after the fact, and Bryan saying so in his book.

He's not the highest earning movie star in the world - Will Smith is

He's not the highest earning movie star in the world - Will Smith is

The Rock earned 31.5 million in 2015, Will Smith earned 28. Neither man is in the top 10 (Rock at 11, Smith at 18). So both wrong I'm afraid. Robert Downey Jr was the highest earning more than both men combined.