Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

Is the Bret/Sid pre-Mania 13 cage match the best bit of in-match storyline the WWF have ever ever done? We've all waxed lyrical on it I'm sure, but as far as brilliance in simplicity, I can't think of much finer. Everybody has such a key role, and the ramifications are enormous and Mania rivals helping each other out smashes the drama levels through the roof AND further builds their stories for the PPV.

Hundreds of watches later and I just fucking love every minute of it, from Bret's delayed entrance to Vince getting shoved on his arse and Shawn coming out to grin at the chaos at the end. Theatre.

That's depressed me a little bit reading that. I've never watched WWF before May 1999 approx (the first Raw I remember watching is Rock/Austin against HHH/Taker, with the Corporate Ministry lobbing Rocky and Austin off the stage).

I've been watching the Network these last few months and some of the old raws have been fascinating. Anyway, long story short I'm up to the Raw before Mania 13 - can we tighten up the spoiler rules on stuff that's 18 years old?

• Paid Members

I lost track after the brilliant triple threat ladder match and could never catch up which is absolutely gutting because it's a fantastic product.

Knowing it was a "season", I was hoping to catch up once it finished but it just kept going!

Fantastic promo vid, cheers for sharing.

Exactly the same. Is there some sort of torrent package I could download and blast through? Annoyed that I fell out of the loop.

I lost track after the brilliant triple threat ladder match and could never catch up which is absolutely gutting because it's a fantastic product.

Knowing it was a "season", I was hoping to catch up once it finished but it just kept going!

Fantastic promo vid, cheers for sharing.

Exactly the same. Is there some sort of torrent package I could download and blast through? Annoyed that I fell out of the loop.

If you want to really blast through check this out

It's been a slow week at work so I've been going through old threads as far back as I can find.  The following caught my eye which was posted less than two weeks before it actually happened:

If Lawler just spontaneously checked out at the announce table like Buffalo Ray in series 6 of the Sopranos, leaving Cole to hold the broadcast together while Vince or whoever loses his shit over the headset. That'd be a shocker.

Fair play, Pinc.  PM me who wins the Undertaker/Lesnar match?

Edited by Slapnut

I've scanned through a few topics where I thought it would be mentioned (Podcasts topic, Raw topic, this one) but I haven't seen anyone discussing the Stone Cold Podcast with Paige.

Has anyone watched it? Was it interesting?

If it's just about Tough Enough I'll skip it, but otherwise I was going to give it a watch over the weekend.

• Awards Moderator

It's fine. If you don't care for Paige you will really hate it as it's her on overdrive. I find her inoffensive and there's a lot of chatter about how she grew up in the business and how she came into WWE which is quite interesting. Austin has a few weird moments where someone talks in his ear and he just spaces out and breaks the flow, but it's diverting enough.

I'd wait for the audio version to drop next week and listen while you're doing other things. I think it's discussed in the Network thread.

Austin looked like he hated it. She talks 100mph as she's nervous and excited, but there's some fairly interesting bits in there amongst the rest. There's a bit where she says her mum would hit her if she rushed in the ring. She could have done with that here. I imagine a lot of people might not be able to make it the whole way through it. There were moments I cringed.

Edited by Sphinx

• Paid Members

I've been watching the Network these last few months and some of the old raws have been fascinating. Anyway, long story short I'm up to the Raw before Mania 13 - can we tighten up the spoiler rules on stuff that's 18 years old?

Usually the non-spoiler rule is a few days after the air date. Not 2 decades. I doubt it's going to spoil your enjoyment of the shows if you find out that the Godwinns give Uncle Cletus a good kicking after they lose the tag belts.

It's been a slow week at work so I've been going through old threads as far back as I can find. The following caught my eye which was posted less than two weeks before it actually happened:

If Lawler just spontaneously checked out at the announce table like Buffalo Ray in series 6 of the Sopranos, leaving Cole to hold the broadcast together while Vince or whoever loses his shit over the headset. That'd be a shocker.

Fair play, Pinc. PM me who wins the Undertaker/Lesnar match?

Was just thinking about that the other day. I remember a little shiver going through me when I heard the news that it had actually happened. Mad one.