Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

If I was on the booking squad, I would book Brock Lesnar vs Dolph Ziggler in a big PPV match. Sell it with the story of Ziggler's hard work over the years desperately trying to break through the glass ceiling, being held back, never giving up and now he finally has his chance. He has to beat The Beast Brock Lesnar. It's the biggest opportunity of his career to become one of the all time greats. It'll give him the chance to do what he does best, bump and sell like an over-the-top maniac and Dem Wans will love Ziggler finally getting a big main event level match. Brock utterly destroys Dolph in the match. Then the next night I would sack him.

It'll be a good one month story, the match will be fun and then Dolph Ziggler fucks off and they can freshen up the midcard and put some new faces in there instead of that smug twat.

• Paid Members

I've noticed any time I see NWO Red & Black/Wolfpac brought up online (usually Lance Storm's Twitter or Wrestlecrap) they slag it off and go on about what a shite idea it was, is this the common opinion?

My only real viewing of WCW in 98/99 was my mate swapping WCW Thunder for Tekken 2, they were cool as fuck! And regardless of that, they made sense booking wise (fallen out with Hogan, still don't like WCW) and business wise (must've sold a shitload of shirts)

So is it just Lance Storm and the Wrestlecrap lads being miserable twats or do they have a point?

I loved the Wolfpac, but I can see why it irks some people. It certainly appeared to be a cynical attempt to shift more shirts, and as they were babyfaces it diluted the nWo vs WCW feud somewhat. Plus the fact that some of WCW's biggest stars, who had spent so long fighting them (Luger & Sting specifically) were now members meant there were some major logic holes in the booklng. Sting especially, it seemed so incongruous with his silent pursuit of Hogan and the nWo to join one of their factions and left WCW very much in the lurch and with only really DDP and Goldberg left as major players for them.

If I was on the booking squad, I would book Brock Lesnar vs Dolph Ziggler in a big PPV match. Sell it with the story of Ziggler's hard work over the years desperately trying to break through the glass ceiling, being held back, never giving up and now he finally has his chance. He has to beat The Beast Brock Lesnar. It's the biggest opportunity of his career to become one of the all time greats. It'll give him the chance to do what he does best, bump and sell like an over-the-top maniac and Dem Wans will love Ziggler finally getting a big main event level match. Brock utterly destroys Dolph in the match. Then the next night I would sack him.

It'll be a good one month story, the match will be fun and then Dolph Ziggler fucks off and they can freshen up the midcard and put some new faces in there instead of that smug twat.

Or they can tell him and his Stacee Jaxx look to go whistle and be thankful he has the spot that he does.

As you can probably tell, I've got no time for him whatsoever

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

I've noticed any time I see NWO Red & Black/Wolfpac brought up online (usually Lance Storm's Twitter or Wrestlecrap) they slag it off and go on about what a shite idea it was, is this the common opinion?

My only real viewing of WCW in 98/99 was my mate swapping WCW Thunder for Tekken 2, they were cool as fuck! And regardless of that, they made sense booking wise (fallen out with Hogan, still don't like WCW) and business wise (must've sold a shitload of shirts)

So is it just Lance Storm and the Wrestlecrap lads being miserable twats or do they have a point?

I loved the Wolfpac, but I can see why it irks some people. It certainly appeared to be a cynical attempt to shift more shirts, and as they were babyfaces it diluted the nWo vs WCW feud somewhat. Plus the fact that some of WCW's biggest stars, who had spent so long fighting them (Luger & Sting specifically) were now members meant there were some major logic holes in the booklng. Sting especially, it seemed so incongruous with his silent pursuit of Hogan and the nWo to join one of their factions and left WCW very much in the lurch and with only really DDP and Goldberg left as major players for them.

The Wolfpac were cool as fuck - at least Nash and Konnan were - Luger couldn't have been more out of place doing the "Wolfpac in the house" stuff wearing his Fubu gear.

Sting did make absolutely no sense as well. At the time I loved the big moment when he joined them (and took 6 years to tear off his t-shirt for the big reveal) but yeah Sting in an nWo shirt made their best ever story with him spending last 2 years as the crow, make absolutely no sense. The red face paint was shit too.

In some of the MLW podcasts Konnan has mentioned there was a bit of a feud behind the scenes with Nash and Hogan as to who got who in their groups, which was why Hall wound up in the black and white and why Nash got Luger and Sting.

• Paid Members

Sting did make absolutely no sense as well. At the time I loved the big moment when he joined them (and took 6 years to tear off his t-shirt for the big reveal)

I watched that clip on the WWE website just the other day. Looking at it he seems to be trying to tear it from the top like Hogan, realises it’s not happening, so rips it from the bottom upwards instead.

Bit funny how he can scoop slam The Giant and then can’t rip his t-shirt off.

Edited by Your Fight Site

Sting did make absolutely no sense as well. At the time I loved the big moment when he joined them (and took 6 years to tear off his t-shirt for the big reveal)

I watched that clip on the WWE website just the other day. Looking at it he seems to be trying to tear it from the top like Hogan, realises it’s not happening, so rips it from the bottom upwards instead.

Bit funny how he can scoop slam The Giant and then can’t rip his t-shirt off.

Think he forgets in that split second that he hasn't cut the round neck bit off the shirt first before putting it on

• Paid Members

Sting's an odd one. From when I first saw him in 1992 to now, he's never looked particularly big or imposing, he always seemed comparatively small, and the announcers seemed to focus more on his speed and agility, so I thought that was his thing.

Look back at his feud with Flair in the NWA, or back ever further to when he started out, the bastard's huge. It shouldn't be surprising, remembering he was in Powerteam USA, but it is.

• Paid Members

Sting's an odd one. From when I first saw him in 1992 to now, he's never looked particularly big or imposing, he always seemed comparatively small, and the announcers seemed to focus more on his speed and agility, so I thought that was his thing.

Look back at his feud with Flair in the NWA, or back ever further to when he started out, the bastard's huge. It shouldn't be surprising, remembering he was in Powerteam USA, but it is.

I seem to recall an interview where he said he saw guys with similar physiques, but that they were constantly getting injured or an overly muscular physique didn’t lend itself to a long career, and decided to cut bulk based off that.

• Paid Members

WWE have released the first few character art photos for WWE 2K16: http://www.wwe.com/inside/2k/wwe-2k16/wwe-2k16-character-art-photos

They look hideous. That background looks like something you see in the signature of someone on a gaming or amateur Photoshop forum.