Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

I remember people referring to the Jericho & Benoit team as "The Canadian Bad-Asses" and EWR called them "Canadian Violence". Also, Jericho & Christian got nicknamed "Vitamin C" at one point, though how official that was, I have no idea.

• Awards Moderator

The greatest fantasy fiction ever by a 15 year old spotty smark in 2000 imposing himself on the world of wrestling.

http://www.wowefa.com/stories/TheTakingOfWCW2.txt

That was almost as wrong as Keith Houchen's Scott Steiner fiction.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members

The first thing he'd done was fire Hulk Hogan

I'm on the wobble here....

Blitzy

..... and I'm out.

Torrie had won the Women's title in a three way oil/stripped match after ripping off Kimberly and Madusa's tops.

Wait, I might be back in.

• Paid Members

I really think the guy who made EWR and TWR has missed a trick by not rereleasing EWR as an iPad app.

It's as simple as he doesnt know how, which I agree is a huge shame.

You can install something like Chrome Remote or Teamviewer and view your PC from your Ipad or phone and play it like that. Teamviewer works very good on Ipad.

I really think the guy who made EWR and TWR has missed a trick by not rereleasing EWR as an iPad app.

It's as simple as he doesnt know how, which I agree is a huge shame.

Surely he could find someone to help him though? I'd fucking love to have that on my iPhone in some capacity. I also want Pokemon Red on my phone (as a proper app, none of this emulator/confusing shit)

• Paid Members

Did the WWF stop running the "C" and "D" level shows around this time?

Nah. C shows at least carried on for ages with a card of upper midcarders (including Warrior) in one town, Hogan and Savage on the A and B shows. Into 1990 they were still running three house shows a day, one with Hogan, one with Warrior, and one with a show still stacked with a mix of guys from Duggan, Jake, Beefcake, Mr Perfect, the Harts, the Rockers, whoever. When he wasn't feuding with Hogan or Warrior, you'd get a lot of Randy Savage main events against Duggan or Dusty Rhodes. Plenty of "C" shows were fucking loaded, actually.

IIRC, C shows ended towards the end of 1990. That's why they were going to lay off a bunch of guys, including Jim Neidhart, hence dropping the tag belts to the Rockers. They then did the deal with SWS in Japan that meant they could afford to keep a slightly bigger roster, hence the decision to keep Neidhart on after all. It then worked out very fortunately that SNME was cut from 90 minute to 60 (so they could ditch airing the match) and that they had the broken rope deal (so they could come up with an excuse for the fans in the local market to overturn the result.)

• Paid Members

I never knew about the SWS deal preventing a bigger cull. According to Bret, Anvil wasn't going to be completely let go, but moved to commentary (which ended up happening post-Hart Foundation anyway) and on a full Titan employee salary (as opposed to performer's downside guarantee only) because, as Vince put it, "I can't let him go - he owes me a lot of money from all his legal fees."

Among the 17 guys that were on the chopping block (again, according to Bret), some of whom did leave and some of whom ended up retained, clearly due to the SWS deal you mention, were Honky Tonk Man, the Hammer, Ax, Akeem, Bad News Brown and Tito Santana. Just think, if the cull would have gone ahead, we'd have never have gotten El Matador! But then, we'd have been spared Hammer vs IRS at SummerSlam 91 so swings and roundabouts.