Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

Kidman had a bit of a Jeff Hardy appeal at one point towards the end of WCW didn't he. I remember my mate who co-opted most of his wrestling opinions from those of his obese goth sister being mad into both the Hardyz and 'that Kidman from WCW'. Naturally he pretended not to be especially familiar with Kidman, as admitting to watching WCW was akin to coming out as gay in our school (while lending someone an ECW DVD was like bragging that you shagged loads of lasses on a holiday, and then proving it).

I reckon he could've been a big deal had WCW won the war.

• Awards Moderator

I would like to see an angle where Naomi can't tell which Uso is the one she's married to. It would be HILARIOUS*.

*It wouldn't actually be hilarious. And I don't know what the payoff could be. It's a terrible idea, really. Why haven't they done it yet?

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

Rusev is the best proper heel in years. Great bad guy look, rugged, sells just enough. Very believable. Lana does a great job doing the talking, but it's never to a steph or Vickie level where she is more important than him. Perfect

Kidman had a bit of a Jeff Hardy appeal at one point towards the end of WCW didn't he. I remember my mate who co-opted most of his wrestling opinions from those of his obese goth sister being mad into both the Hardyz and 'that Kidman from WCW'. Naturally he pretended not to be especially familiar with Kidman, as admitting to watching WCW was akin to coming out as gay in our school (while lending someone an ECW DVD was like bragging that you shagged loads of lasses on a holiday, and then proving it).

Man, I wish school lived on wrestling trends like that. One of my saddest school memories (well, not really) was everyone raving about the first Elimination Chamber, it was the biggest thing in the whole school. Not two months later, we all started high school, and wrestling was fake and gay, and I was a 'tard for bringing it up.

• Paid Members

Man, I wish school lived on wrestling trends like that. One of my saddest school memories (well, not really) was everyone raving about the first Elimination Chamber, it was the biggest thing in the whole school. Not two months later, we all started high school, and wrestling was fake and gay, and I was a 'tard for bringing it up.

You started High School in January? First Elimination Chamber was the 02 Survivor Series wasn't it?  

My mate sent a load of WhatsApp voice clips of him doing 'taunts' from WWF Attitude. It led me to listen to some again on YouTube and I can't imagine the current roster being anywhere near as entertaining doing it. You can pretty much fast forward to anywhere and there'll be a funny one.

The Ass Man cometh.

Edited by Sphinx

• Paid Members

My mate sent a load of WhatsApp voice clips of him doing 'taunts' from WWF Attitude. It led me to listen to some again on YouTube and I can't imagine the current roster being anywhere near as entertaining doing it. You can pretty much fast forward to anywhere and there'll be a funny one.

The Ass Man cometh.

Oh, c’mon. Post your mates’! That’s what we all want to hear!

I'm trying to watch every PPV in order on the Network.

I'm at the halfway point of 1990, and I have to confess I prefer the WWF to WCW/NWA. Obviously the Flair main events were pissing on what the likes of Hogan could do, but overall I found the WWF product easier to watch. It seems like in WCW they get some interesting peices on the board in terms of characters and feuds but before I can blink, the next month, everyhting changes.