Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members
So, 9:30, and no Raw thread. Plus it was pre-taped. I'll give that one a miss, then.

It is worth watching for a few reasons...

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

Team Foley seems to have been scrapped!

The new Survivor Series main event is Punk vs Ryback vs Cena

And Vince was on!

Just had a good old chuckle re-reading theUKFF Shitarse 50 in the Gold section.

What do we reckon the likelihood is of some good natured fellow picking up the mantal and doing a new one for 2012?

Enough years have passed that we probably have a whole new crop of 'talent' to be listed off, or was the general concensuss that while the project was amusing it may have in hindsight been a little too mean spirited.

• Paid Members
Just had a good old chuckle re-reading theUKFF Shitarse 50 in the Gold section.

What do we reckon the likelihood is of some good natured fellow picking up the mantal and doing a new one for 2012?

Enough years have passed that we probably have a whole new crop of 'talent' to be listed off, or was the general concensuss that while the project was amusing it may have in hindsight been a little too mean spirited.

It happened last year. Gilligan Gordon won in a landslide. It wasn't as good as the first time round but featured the controversy of police visiting Benny Hatguy at home for cyber bullying.

Roddy Piper was on some house buying show on the Biography channel a few minutes ago,my da rang me up an told me so,he called him Ronnie Piper though.

He was looking at gaffs worth $3m with his wife of 29 years.Didn't think he'd still have that sort of money lying about.

• Paid Members

Roddy Piper was on a seven figure income from the 1980s until 2000 and even now the bloke isn't rolling out of bed for the big money. Add to that, he has films and TV shows knocking about that probably still pull in decent residuals and he's never been divorced. He's also one of the few wrestlers that is in high demand for all the major film, television, wrestling, comic book and horror conventions. His name value is still strong, because he's Roddy Piper. He's a big, big name to people with even a passing interest in wrestling. Everyone knows who he is.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

++I+'d r+eally l+ik+e to ty+p+e mor+e about t+h+is but as you can s+e+e t+he +plus k+ey s+e+ems stuck do+wn on my la+pto+p and +it w+on+'t fuck+in+g b+e+ f+ix+ed for some+ r+eason. So I'll k+e+ep t+h+is br+ief and h+o+pefully som+ebody +els+e +w+ill a+gr+ee and carry on the debate+.

I t+houg++ht t+he CM Punk DVD +was a huge d+isa+p+po+intm+ent. And mass+iv+ely ov+errat+ed by virtually +ev+erybody +I sa+w or +heard r+ev+i++ew++in+g +it.

• Paid Members
++I+'d r+eally l+ik+e to ty+p+e mor+e about t+h+is but as you can s+e+e t+he +plus k+ey s+e+ems stuck do+wn on my la+pto+p and +it w+on+'t fuck+in+g b+e+ f+ix+ed for some+ r+eason. So I'll k+e+ep t+h+is br+ief and h+o+pefully som+ebody +els+e +w+ill a+gr+ee and carry on the debate+.

I t+houg++ht t+he CM Punk DVD +was a huge d+isa+p+po+intm+ent. And mass+iv+ely ov+errat+ed by virtually +ev+erybody +I sa+w or +heard r+ev+i++ew++in+g +it.

I have nothing to add.

Speaking as one of the people who thought the documentary was superb, I'd wonder how anyone who thought it was a disappointment would change it to make it better. Or what they were expecting to have had a disappointed feeling after it was over.

Pretty much every major moment of his WWE career and a surprising amount of major points of his pre-WWE career were covered in detail and all of his greatest WWE matches were included as DVD extras.

The talking heads were all relevant and insightful, and people who had nothing of note to say yet appear on most other documentary dvds were left out of this one.

I can't think what anyone who is a fan of CM Punk wouldn't like about the DVD.

I can totally understand how people who don't like CM Punk could have not enjoyed the DVD, but then why would they watch it?

Ok here's a question:

Now that Linda McMahon has lost her Senate race, do you think this will lead to a change in WWE television? They will no longer have to worry about adversely effecting her campaign.

Had she been voted in to office, they would undoubtedly had to continue. Now do you think they're going to loosen the chains a little?

Edited by Wrasslin

Ok here's a question:

Now that Linda McMahon has lost her Senate race, do you think this will lead to a change in WWE television? They will no longer have to worry about adversely effecting her campaign.

There is a LOT more riding on it than the Senate race. So no changes.

• Paid Members

No.

There is a LOT more riding on it than the Senate race. So no changes.

Yes :

When the product was piping hot and watched by more than double the % of audience share than it is now, they attracted great advertising revenue and lucrative deals from big name brands. Even at the peak of the Attitude era, some companies pulled their advertising/sponsorship due to dissatisfaction with some of the more lurid show content and didn't want their products associated with the show. Now due to the lower viewing figures they have fewer options for these revenue streams, and unless wrasslin becomes popular again, they would be foolish to consider restricting those options with edgier content.