Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members
Was it fancy dress or he was just rocking them anyway?

The Scott Hall scary fingers have come out a few times over the years for me.

It was full fancy dress, but the tights stood out. You'd have struggled to guess who he was supposed to be from the rest of his kit.

• Paid Members

There's not many wrestlers these days that would be fun to dress up as for Halloween is there? Kane's still knocking about I suppose and the Lucha lads and Ryback could be fun I guess, if you add his Terminator pink eye. But they're ain't really any others, nobodies dressing up as CM Punk but idiots and the guy who sleeps outside McDonalds and if you dress up as John Cena you'll just look like a standard fan or child.

Actually, there is Sheamus.

Edited by ShortOrderCook

When I went out as The Mountie, most people knew I was a Mountie, but not necessarily The Mountie. There was a few that did though, oh and one that said Sgt Slaughter. Least recognised was my mate who went as Al Snow, most people couldn't guess and still went who? when he told them.

Edited by Baz Windham

• Paid Members

Yeah, but it's a shame and that's something that's wrong with wrestling for me. I've said many a time and very much believe that wrestling is at its best presented as something akin to a live action Marvel/DC Comics show. And the characters of the show should reflect that and look like they could come out of a Superhero comic book. That's blatantly what it was in both it's big boom periods and it's totally what all the good Japanese and Mexican stuff is like too. That's why I never really minded the term WWE Universe initially, thought that was a wise move for a name for the wacky world WWE contained. Then it became the name for the audience, which I'm not so fond of.

If you're going to dress up as a Wrestler, it has to be the 80s and 90s lads. Most recognisable, and looked coolest.

Which modern day wrestler could you go as and be instantly recognisable like you could as say Warrior, Hogan, Bret, etc?

I wasnt counting Undertaker as he would be more associated with previous generations, he hasnt been full time for a few years now.

I dont think many would recognsie Sheamus.

Edited by fye

I'd say only Sheamus and Rey Mysterio. Both at a stretch.

The problem now isn't just that wrestlers don't have such an instantly identifiable look, but also that outside of actual wrestling fans, surely no fucker knows who Sheamus is or what a Rey Misterio does?

Back in the day you could go as Undy or Hogan and pretty much everyone would know who you were.

• Paid Members

The problem now isn't just that wrestlers don't have such an instantly identifiable look, but also that outside of actual wrestling fans, surely no fucker knows who Sheamus is or what a Rey Misterio does?

Mrs Small says: "Never heard of them. You can cook tonight."

:(

Back in the day you could go as Undy or Hogan and pretty much everyone would know who you were.

If you went to a school fancy dress party, yeah. If a thirty year old bloke turned up to a party in 1994 dressed as the Undertaker, nobody would've had a clue who they were meant to be unless they were a paedophile crashing a children's party. Twenty years from now, people will be able to dress up as Cena, Rey and Sheamus and get the "LOL dude, legend, retro, childhood lol" sort of recognition that people would get now dressing up as Bret Hart or Hulk Hogan.