Moderators PowerButchi Posted November 4, 2012 Moderators Posted November 4, 2012 Saw this on DVDVR. It's great.
Paid Members Arch Stanton Posted November 4, 2012 Paid Members Posted November 4, 2012 I notice it's from droptoehold.com, which is a fun site.
Paid Members Callum1993 Posted November 4, 2012 Paid Members Posted November 4, 2012 I was in Lloyd's Bar in Cardiff the other night and there was a guy dressed up as Hulk Hogan and another guy in a CM Punk T-shirt. We started a Yes and No...chant...I was rather drunk.
The Dart Posted November 4, 2012 Posted November 4, 2012 Next time WWE do Raw in the UK there will be a Smackdown house show the same night. How are they gonna manage a 3 hour Raw without most the Smackdown roster!
Moderators PowerButchi Posted November 4, 2012 Moderators Posted November 4, 2012 I miss Holly Rocamora posting here. Why doesn't she come back? Why don't pseudo famous people post here for very long? There was the awesome Pinky Simmons run, I suppose. Pinky Simmons should come back as well. UKFF can be forum of the stars.
Paid Members IANdrewDiceClay Posted November 4, 2012 Paid Members Posted November 4, 2012 I count Earthquake, Holly Dee, Pinky Simmons, Joel Ross and Chris Hamrick as the big names we've had on here, unless I'm missing someone. Quick fact, I've wanked over three of them.
Moderators PowerButchi Posted November 4, 2012 Moderators Posted November 4, 2012 Short Order Cook needs to get his missus an account, STAT! I forgot Joel Ross posted here, although that was seemingly just to have a bit of a cry in all fairness because everyone thinks Wrestletalk is shit. UKFF - FORUM OF THE STARS
moofasa Posted November 4, 2012 Posted November 4, 2012 Saw this on DVDVR. It's great. I think this is official. I'm pretty sure it was in the wwf magazine.
Moderators PowerButchi Posted November 4, 2012 Moderators Posted November 4, 2012 Yeah it was. Apparently a rib on Virgil always mithering the magazine writers to cover him more. PINKY SIMMONS TODAY: COME BACK PINKY, WE MISS YOU.
Mr_Danger Posted November 4, 2012 Posted November 4, 2012 I count Earthquake, Holly Dee, Pinky Simmons, Joel Ross and Chris Hamrick as the big names we've had on here, unless I'm missing someone. Quick fact, I've wanked over three of them. You missed out that bird who had a bit of The Ass Man then shamed him on the youtube.
Moderators PowerButchi Posted November 4, 2012 Moderators Posted November 4, 2012 That's Pinky Simmons, mate.
Paid Members Arch Stanton Posted November 4, 2012 Paid Members Posted November 4, 2012 Steve Corino admitted that he used to read the forum in the days he was booking 1PW, but I don't know if he ever had an account.
Moderators PowerButchi Posted November 4, 2012 Moderators Posted November 4, 2012 I've found Pinky's twitter. I'm going to make her love me. Fucking hell, I'm bored tonight.
Dirty Eddie Posted November 5, 2012 Posted November 5, 2012 I'd say only Sheamus and Rey Mysterio. Both at a stretch. The problem now isn't just that wrestlers don't have such an instantly identifiable look, but also that outside of actual wrestling fans, surely no fucker knows who Sheamus is or what a Rey Misterio does? Back in the day you could go as Undy or Hogan and pretty much everyone would know who you were. If you went to a school fancy dress party, yeah. If a thirty year old bloke turned up to a party in 1994 dressed as the Undertaker, nobody would've had a clue who they were meant to be unless they were a paedophile crashing a children's party. Twenty years from now, people will be able to dress up as Cena, Rey and Sheamus and get the "LOL dude, legend, retro, childhood lol" sort of recognition that people would get now dressing up as Bret Hart or Hulk Hogan. Nah, in twenty years time the only people who will recognise a Cena or Sheamus fancy-dress costume are people who watched it "back in the day" (ie. now). Sheamus, Cena and Rey are not even slightly mainstream over here these days as wrestling isn't nearly as popular. Back in 93/94 Undertaker was getting lampooned on Newman & Baddiel In Pieces and the Hulkster was getting interviewed by Terry Wogan on prime-time telly and had proper films at the cinema (shit as they were).
Paid Members IANdrewDiceClay Posted November 5, 2012 Paid Members Posted November 5, 2012 (edited) I'd disagree only on the Rey Mysterio front. I'd imagine he is pretty recognisable to the average person. He's no Rock, granted, but I'd imagine he's miles ahead of the likes of Sheamus, Punk and Orton when it comes to people knowing him I'd say. Even if its just by "he's that small wrestler with the mask" and not necessarily by name. For a few years, Rey was at the top of a lot of kids Christmas lists as well. I remember working in a toy shop a few years back when WWE first got the Mattel deal. You couldn't keep those Rey Mysterio figures on the fucking shelf. Undertaker was one of the last surviving name from the big boom period over here, so he'd have probably been bigger than your average worker in 94. He's one of those memorable characters even back then. He seemed to be a legend even in 1993, strangely enough. He's always been protected and treated like something special. Edited November 5, 2012 by IANdrewDiceClay
Recommended Posts