Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

Rollins has worn suits a few times -- the problem is his character is a bit more refined than the band t-shirt/stupid cap combo he wears in real life, so it's probably easier to just slap on the wrestling gear and t-shirt than the suit usually.

Roman Reigns wrestles in trousers anyway so it'd be silly and pointless of him to wear other trousers, same as John Cena (and Ambrose, and the Wyatts, and to a lesser extent Kevin Owens). And Reigns usually wears his latest t-shirt if he's only out for a talk with no match.

It would be good if everyone did have their "non-wrestling" outfit but really, who even needs one? Most of them don't do much besides wrestling.

I think it depends on the character. Jericho has always been a good example of what to wear outside of the ring for your character. The flashy shirts, spangly waist coats of the Y2J days. The suit wearing "Best in the world at what I do" says suited the character down to the ground. And now the Scarf, waist coat combo works amazingly for the "Gift of Jericho" era . . . Drink it in maaaaan. 

• Paid Members

Dipping into 2003 Raws. Not as bad as remembered, The Jericho/Trish angle is a belter of a storyline, forgot how good that was.

Was this the year JR took the piss plugging 'fruity, delicious, delicious, FRUITY, DELICIOUS BAW GOD THEY'RE FRUITY!!!!! skittles'?

He mentioned he was from Alberta and she said " Oh, Bret Hart country" and it went from there. He even showed his driving licence , which I thought was quite funny. She got a pic with him as well. He's seemingly a nice guy.

• Paid Members

I was just watching War Games from WrestleWar 91 there, and big Sid really does try his best to kill folks. Clotheslines Rick Steiner, who promptly finds some way to fall head over shite, right on top of his bean. Then Sid seems to totally forget about the height of the cage, attempts to Powerbomb Pillman, hit's Pillman's feet of the roof and drops him on the back of his dome. It's amazing half the guys he worked with were capable of walking afterwards.

Yeh 91 is underestimated as 92 is so good.

Wrestling has really hit the pits hasnt it. When people chant 'holy shit' at Nakamura v Sami Zayn before theyve even hooked up! Im all for people enjoying themselves and that, but ffs, its a camp geezer v a ginger in a harrington. I hate commentaters telling us someone has charisma, if they have it you dont need to tell people. Maybe wrestling has passed me by.

Edited by Porkchopcash

It's when they start chanting "match of the year" at a match that doesn't happen for another three weeks that takes the biscuit, like they did for Balor v Nakamura on NXT a couple of weeks back. Part of me hopes for them to start chanting "this is awesome" then do another finger poke of doom just to see the look on those faces.

Holy Shit was acceptable because it was Nakamura's debut. The fact he was there is a justified holy shit moment. Arguably a much bigger deal than chucking someone through a table or belting them in the head really hard. Likewise chanting match of the year is also acceptable because for that crowd it probably will be, and they chanted to show their excitement.

Sometimes chants piss me off, but some people seem to look for reasons to moan about them.