Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

She's a great athlete, b ut it just proves again that being athletic isn't as major as people often think in a wrestler's talent.

I think it was you who I read say that athleticism is often a crutch in wrestling and it's true. Same as in football where a lot of players have a lot of pace and get by on that almost exclusively without feeling like they ever need to slow down and think about what they're doing. They have it, they're used for it, and they use it.

I love google translation sometimes. Taken from njpwworld.

tonight o'clock fucking Korakuen Hall

And Matt Stryker's existence still irritates me.

He is irritating but not as irritating to me as people who get this wrong. There were two Matt Stri/ykers. The one you're talking about was STRIKER, from WWE. STRYKER was more prominent in ROH. I realise this shouldn't piss me off as much as it does - maybe it's because both my first and surnames are spelled abnormally...

• Moderators

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE9RdTQUnWE&feature=youtu.be

Saw this get posted on Reddit. It's the full WBF PPV from 1992. Maybe it was posted before I'm not sure but it's completely off the wall. Total dissertation into the mind of Vince McMahon. It gets more nuts as it goes along. 

Bud, I enjoy both the WBF PPVs. Fuck the hters. My best bit? Jim Quinn's robot posing, or Mike Quinn's gut.

Meltzer's influence is not what it was. Especially in the twitter world, where news become a thing before Meltzer even reports on it. He's still the top man, but its not like it was a decade ago when his opinion was THE opinion. ROH's early DVD business was pretty much built on Meltzer's reviews of their shows. A world without Dave Meltzer doesn't sound as strange as it would have been a ten years ago. The business is filled with stooges and people who collect their own action figures who want to put themselves over. There are people on twitter with sources in the WWE and NXT these days.

Speaking of which, what are the good wrestling twitters for news these days? Would have put in the questions thread but it fits with this discussion.

• Paid Members

I use Tweetdeck at work and I created a column of wrestling twitter accouts to browse when things are going slow. I'd say the best ones to follow in order to get a well rounded look at the news are;

@wordsbig80s, @DeathToAllMarks, @SoDuTw and @TheFrayMovement. They provide most of the scoops and they'll retweet everything else that happens.

For shits and giggles, @ObserverQuotes tweets stuff from the 90's observer issues which tend to go hand-in-hand with what is going on today and can be quite funny with the added benefit of hindsight.

By the way, i hate myself for knowing all this.

Edited by Accident Prone

• Paid Members

No context or name?

Someone on Twitter said it was BritWres's Barry Charalambous - but I edited my post to remove that, because I think it was someone trolling.

Edited by herbie747

• Paid Members

I'm watching an old WWF VHS that I torrented from XWT-Classics, and fucking Crush just beat Bret Hart with a small package. This is in 1994. Before WrestleMania X. And all the cheating that took place was that Owen Hart rolled over Bret's small package into a Crush pin. Its the weirdest shit I've ever seen. Stars didnt do jobs back then, unless 10 wrestlers came out and put you in a coffin. I'm pretty stunned. Even though one is long retired and the other is dead, I feel this feud needs to continue.

EDIT: Also, Shawn and Marty have a cage match, and Diesel takes a bump off the cage which was at the level of the second rope onto the outside. What was Big Kev thinking there? Probably the biggest bump of Diesel's career and Gorilla just no sells it on commentary.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay