Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

After watching Raw, Nitro's and PPVs from 95, I'll never complain about Twitter plugs on current WWE Programming again.   The hotline ads were annoying, more so in WCW with its news about WWF that they "Can't announce on the air."

The WWF is starting to get into the online chat thing calling any internet users "Hackers".   Talk about out of touch.  its like Vince Russo watched the first half hour of the Lawnmower man and told Vince M all the terms to use.  

Is it too late for Kofi Kingston as a singles performer?

He has been fast forward material for me for years, yet he is ridiculously entertaining in New Day.

Thoughts?

I personally hope they keep this trio together for a while, but can see them getting cheered soon and becoming the usual terrible babyface's that WWE likes to create.

• Paid Members

Big E is the star off the 3 for me. I think with his size he will be the break out of the group. They need to keep them together for a couple more years yet but I think they could be elevated a fair bit.

I think WWE should do a six man division, with all the dead wood they have, it could give them a mid card storyline and cover up a lot of the wrestlers short comings while also giving them a chance to develop. The Sheild, Wyatts and New Day have been some of the most entertaining acts over the last couple of years.

• Paid Members

I sometimes think that. WCW used to have 6 man titles and WWE have developed some really good trios in recent years like The legacy, Wyatts, Shield and New Day.

However you only have to look at the "Divas revolution" to see how aneamic it would become very quickly if they tried to force it.

• Paid Members

Not had a 3 man group holding the tag titles and being able to defend them with any combination of their team, resulting in mid match substitutions and the like angle in bloody yonks.

Perfect little angle for New Day

• Paid Members

They should just focus on making the tag division meaningful and unique first. No point rushing off to fuck about with 6man tag belts or something when they could put that effort into making the tag teams and tag belts feel like a big deal.

There's a good base turns up now and then but WWE never seem to make it feel a big deal, tag teams, which is odd as its an easy way to add spice to a 3 hour card and make something feel different.

Perhaps they feel the base concepts just too overexposed, perhaps they feel it highlights people as second rate. Who knows.

• Paid Members

Not had a 3 man group holding the tag titles and being able to defend them with any combination of their team, resulting in mid match substitutions and the like angle in bloody yonks.

Perfect little angle for New Day

New Day held the titles under the Freebird Rule until dropping them to PTP at Money in the Bank.

In fact, it was the rarely-seen pairing of Big E & Woods that lost that night, as Kofi was in MITB itself.

Don't recall any "official" mid-match changes, but they did at least one "Twin Magic" style switcheroo where Woods came in for Kofi & small packaged the opponent for the win. The idea seeming to be that they wear similar gear & the ref couldn't see Woods' face in the small package, but it did provoke some minor "WWE think all black guys look the same" outrage.